Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're next

3 posters

Go down

You're next Empty You're next

Post by George1963 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 am

Harry Reid's coming for you Red Mesa reservation school.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Racist bastards.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

You're next Empty Re: You're next

Post by guppy Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Oh, the dreaded Slippery Slope. 

Society as we know it is coming to an end for sure.

Not really.  People still go on vacations and to ball games and we still enjoy a pretty good standard of living.  We'll complain about the government night and day.  But we'll still celebrate the 4th of July and patriotism. 

And the ruling of the US Patent Office that the name is disparaging to Native Americans will have zero effect, and it be reversed in Federal Court in any event.  Not to worry about a Slippery Slope. 

The next thing you know, the Supreme Court will rule that you can't be a "straw purchaser" of a gun, and then give the gun to somebody else, even if that other person would qualify to buy the gun if they purchased it themselves.  Oh wait, the Court did rule that way.....against the dissent of the conservative block(heads).  I admit to not reading the decision itself, but I wonder how the minority could possibly be against banning straw purchasers of guns.  On first blush, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that if you buy a gun, you have to buy it for yourself.  You can't buy it as a "straw", and then just give it to whomever.   Allowing straw purchasers of guns just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.  It would seriously hamper police investigations.  But I guess I'll have to read the full opinion to see if I'm able to grasp the minority's reasoning.  If they are logical enough, they may just sway me.  We'll see.

Power to the people.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Seriously though, I think the Redskins should come back "home" to Boston and return to being the Boston Braves.  That way I could have two football teams, and then jump on the bandwagon of whichever one is good. 

In addition, I could could seriously make fun of Los Angeles that we have two teams, and they have none.  Hahaha. 

But if the Skins don't come "home", then best alternative name:

The Washington Gridlocks.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Oh, the dreaded Slippery Slope.

I'll not have your progressive jibber-jabber ruining my mood.
The oil man says I don't need a new furnace,
I'm going to Kiawah island for the weekend and
a college girl from ECU mistakenly sent me a nekkid selfie.
I'm good.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:22 pm

George1963 wrote:Oh, the dreaded Slippery Slope.

I'm good.

Sweet, man. 

Damn, I want to go to Kiawah Island. 

And bring my clubs.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:55 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:Oh, the dreaded Slippery Slope.

I'm good.

Sweet, man. 

Damn, I want to go to Kiawah Island. 

And bring my clubs.

Yea, out of the three that's the one I'm most excited about.
What's stopping you?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:58 am

George1963 wrote:Harry Reid's coming for you Red Mesa reservation school.

Racist bastards.

With all the problems with our country and our government, Harry Reid is a senile old coot that has nothing better to do. It could be the side effects of his continuous embalming fluid IV drip..... Rolling Eyes
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:18 am

George1963 wrote:
What's stopping you?

Right now, unfortunately, $.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:10 am

But I guess I'll have to read the full opinion to see if I'm able to grasp the minority's reasoning.  If they are logical enough, they may just sway me.  We'll see.

Scalias opinion makes sense to me. Kagans seems like....well, that it was written by Kagan.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:28 am

George1963 wrote:
Scalias opinion makes sense to me. Kagans seems like....well, that it was written by Kagan.

What?  You don't think Kagan is hot?   Definitely hotter than Ruth Bader Ginsberg.  LOL.

Scalia says there are so many loopholes in the statute, he just thinks this straw purchaser part is another  one, and that it should not be interpreted so literally and strictly to convict the guy who lied on the application to purchase the gun.  Kagan says no, it is what it is.  The guy lied on the application, period.  Guilty. 

It seems to me you would favor Kagan over Scalia if they ruled on Belichick's actions in spygate.  Seriously.   Kagan would be the one who would say, "no loophole, you violated the rule Mr. Belichick and the Commissioner's memo, therefore, you're guilty.  Scalia would say, oh, the rule wasn't meant to punish what BB did, he only filmed from the wrong place, and he said he misinterpreted the rule, which is easily understandable, considering the vague and equivocal language used and the careless way in which the rule was drafted.   Ya, in my hypothetical, you'd side with Kagan, The Enforcer, and you'd call Scalia, a spineless wimp who let a depraved criminal off the hook.

It all comes down to whose ox is being gored doesn't it?

"If a bull gores a man or a woman to death, the bull must be stoned to death ... but the owner of the bull will not be held responsible.

"If, however the bull has had the habit of goring and the owner has been warned but has not kept it penned up and it kills a man or woman, the bull must be stoned and the owner also must be put to death. However, if payment is demanded of him, he may redeem his life by paying whatever is requested."

In 1521, Martin Luther apparently drew on these verses to make what many say was history's first use of "it depends on whose ox is gored."
Luther, you may recall, earned the wrath of the Catholic Church when he, according to legend, nailed his 95 Theses to the door of All Saints' Church in Wittenberg, Germany, on Oct. 31, 1517. In a letter to his bishop, he assailed the sale of indulgences and further raised hackles by contending, among other heretical ideas, that man is saved by faith alone, not faith as proven through charity and good works.

For this blasphemy, Luther was excommunicated by Pope Leo X on Jan. 3, 1521, but he was given one last chance to recant at the Diet of Worms, which opened three weeks later. Luther, of course, refused to back down and during his defense reportedly said, "Most human affairs come down to depending upon whose ox is gored."
In other words, if your ox fights another person's ox, the consequences are going to be radically different depending on which one is gored. Substitute, say, "tax bill" or, in this case, "religious beliefs" for "ox" and you probably start to see the modern application. How people react to something depends on how they are affected by it.

Hey, take your pick between the majority and the minority.  If some provision of the statute is fuzzy, it will just be up to Congress to re-write it more clearly anyway.  Otherwise, we'll continue to have these 5-4 decisions.

I just can't too worked up about this stuff.  The problem is, the way things are so polarized, you are either in favor of strong regulation, or no regulation.  There is no middle ground.  Where is the place for people like
me in the middle, in favor of only limited, reasonable regulation? 

And then there are wackos who think that 911 and the Boston Marathon bombing were perpetrated by our own government.  Sheesh.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum