Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friggin Idiot

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friggin Idiot Empty Friggin Idiot

Post by George1963 Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 am

INDIANAPOLIS -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] owner Jim Irsay was arrested late Sunday night on preliminary charges of possession of a controlled substance and driving while intoxicated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Friggin Idiot Empty Re: Friggin Idiot

Post by LRJets Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:09 am

NFL OWNERS-3 DAYS WITHOUT AN ARREST

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:27 am

George1963 wrote:INDIANAPOLIS -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] owner Jim Irsay was arrested late Sunday night on preliminary charges of possession of a controlled substance and driving while intoxicated.

I guess the, "Do you know who I am?"...didn't work for him?
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:56 am

~Sheila~ wrote:
George1963 wrote:INDIANAPOLIS -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] owner Jim Irsay was arrested late Sunday night on preliminary charges of possession of a controlled substance and driving while intoxicated.

It rarely does. "I'll have your job!" was always my favorite.
I guess the guy has a lot of problems, and people around him have been trying to get him to check in for a while now, but still. Hire a driver.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:47 pm

George1963 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

I guess the guy has a lot of problems, and people around him have been trying to get him to check in for a while now, but still. Hire a driver.

Ahh yes, that is another good one! 

It's a shame that it takes some too long before they finally admit to themselves that they have a problem. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 am

George1963 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

It didn't work even for the great Tony Soprano.  Smile 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

Acting owner Carlie Irsay Gordan.
She's been around for 10 years, but she's younger than half the players.
Don't feel great about this.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:18 am

It didn't work even for the great Tony Soprano.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

That's the first 3 minutes and 8 seconds of the Sopranos I've ever seen.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:00 pm

George1963 wrote:It rarely does. "I'll have your job!" was always my favorite.

It didn't work even for the great Tony Soprano.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

OMG.  Really?  I don't know if you like mob movies or not, but if you do, once you see a few episodes, you can get hooked.  Although the series kinda past history at this point.  For me, its the mob mentality that's fascinating.  Total sociopaths.  Mob people only hang around and socialize with other mob people, and they have a certain code of conduct that they live by, where they actually think they're entitled to ruin other people's lives and live a life of crime, while at the same time believing they themselves actually have some kind of class or standards or something.  Its very easy to mock and make fun of them, which I do with my son when we both imitate their way of talking, and laugh about it.  Its funny because when we talk mob talk, its totally mocking their stupidity, but when mob people themselves talk that way, they are actually being serious, and its like, its hard to believe, but that's the way they really talk.   

In the Sopranos, which I'm sure you know ran for years through I think 6 seasons, you had Italian-American actors playing Italian low life sociopaths.  I always found that aspect of it fascinating.  It was like the actors were shining a spotlight on a segment of their own nationality that they themselves should be (and probably are) ashamed of.

By the way, in the rest of that episode where Tony got pulled over by black cop, he pulled some strings down at city hall where he had some official in his pocket, and ended up getting the cop fired as revenge (the mob mentality is all about revenge).  Later on, Tony goes to Home Depot for some shopping and he comes face to face with the ex-cop who is now working in the gardening department  or some low grade job.  The ex-cop knows that it was Tony who was responsible for getting him fired from the police force.  They stare at each other, and Tony knows he got the best of him, but, in his twisted mind with his twisted mob values, he now feels sorry for him, so he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a wad of cash and offers to the the ex-cop.  The former cop just looks at him, doesn't take the cash, and basically tells him to go fk himself.   Good episode.  lol.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 am

George1963 wrote:Acting owner Carlie Irsay Gordan.

She's been involved with the Colts organization for the past 10 years, so I am sure she'll be able to take over the reigns while her Dad is in rehab. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:00 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
George1963 wrote:Acting owner Carlie Irsay Gordan.

She's been involved with the Colts organization for the past 10 years, so I am sure she'll be able to take over the reigns while her Dad is in rehab. 

In house, more than likely she'll be fine. It's dealing with the Maras, Krafts, and Johnsons of the world that concerns me.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:07 pm

OMG.  Really?  I don't know if you like mob movies or not, but if you do, once you see a few episodes, you can get hooked. 

I don't much like series shows. Too much commitment.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:36 pm

George1963 wrote:That's the first 3 minutes and 8 seconds of the Sopranos I've ever seen.

OMG.  Really?  I don't know if you like mob movies or not, but if you do, once you see a few episodes, you can get hooked. 

I don't much like series shows. Too much commitment.

I got hooked and made the commitment to "Spartacus".  Saw every episode twice.  I suppose its just something about gladiators fighting in the arena in front of frenzied crowds screaming for blood that attracts me. 

Kinda like the NFL.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:46 am

I got hooked and made the commitment to "Spartacus".  Saw every episode twice.  I suppose its just something about gladiators fighting in the arena in front of frenzied crowds screaming for blood that attracts me.  

Kinda like the NFL.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:07 am

Do you like movies about Gladiators Guppy?

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:12 am

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:54 pm

George1963 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LOL.   Ever hear of Clark Kent? 

Appearances can be deceiving you know.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:54 am

I used to call it "walking around money".  That's the money you have on your person just to be ready when you're walking around town and wanting to buy something or get something to eat.  But I can't hold a candle to Jim Irsay.  When he was arrested, besides the many bottles of pills the cops found in his car, he had $29,000 in cash with him!  I guess he wanted to be prepared just in case for whatever came up. 

I dunno, I could take me and a few friends out to the most expensive restaurant in town, but I doubt we'd blow through $29K.  It might be fun trying though.  It would be like a challenge.  My friend would say, "I dare ya.  I betcha you can't spend this all tonight."  Then I'd be like, "Oh ya, you just sit back and watch a pro at work."
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:08 am

I used to call it "walking around money".  That's the money you have on your person just to be ready when you're walking around town and wanting to buy something or get something to eat.  But I can't hold a candle to Jim Irsay.  When he was arrested, besides the many bottles of pills the cops found in his car, he had $29,000 in cash with him!  I guess he wanted to be prepared just in case for whatever came up. 

In the state he was in I think whatever impulse purchase that might caught his eye can't be made with a credit card.

I dunno, I could take me and a few friends out to the most expensive restaurant in town, but I doubt we'd blow through $29K.  It might be fun trying though.  It would be like a challenge. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][Photo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
3) $156,679
Where: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Mashantucket, Connecticut.
Who: The Boston Bruins.
Big Ticket Items: A $100,000 bottle of champagne.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:05 pm

guppy wrote:I used to call it "walking around money".  That's the money you have on your person just to be ready when you're walking around town and wanting to buy something or get something to eat.  But I can't hold a candle to Jim Irsay.  When he was arrested, besides the many bottles of pills the cops found in his car, he had $29,000 in cash with him!  I guess he wanted to be prepared just in case for whatever came up. 

I dunno, I could take me and a few friends out to the most expensive restaurant in town, but I doubt we'd blow through $29K.  It might be fun trying though.  It would be like a challenge.  My friend would say, "I dare ya.  I betcha you can't spend this all tonight."  Then I'd be like, "Oh ya, you just sit back and watch a pro at work."

$29K, one night...piece of cake!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 pm

George1963 wrote:I used to call it "walking around money".  That's the money you have on your person just to be ready when you're walking around town and wanting to buy something or get something to eat.  But I can't hold a candle to Jim Irsay.  When he was arrested, besides the many bottles of pills the cops found in his car, he had $29,000 in cash with him!  I guess he wanted to be prepared just in case for whatever came up. 

In the state he was in I think whatever impulse purchase that might caught his eye can't be made with a credit card.

I dunno, I could take me and a few friends out to the most expensive restaurant in town, but I doubt we'd blow through $29K.  It might be fun trying though.  It would be like a challenge. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][Photo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
3) $156,679
Where: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Mashantucket, Connecticut.

Damn!!

I wonder if they could even tell the difference between a $100,000 bottle of champagne or a $100 bottle as they drank it?!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:51 am

George1963 wrote:I used to call it "walking around money".  That's the money you have on your person just to be ready when you're walking around town and wanting to buy something or get something to eat.  But I can't hold a candle to Jim Irsay.  When he was arrested, besides the many bottles of pills the cops found in his car, he had $29,000 in cash with him!  I guess he wanted to be prepared just in case for whatever came up. 

3) $156,679

Looks like the Bruins started a new tradition.

The Dallas Mavericks bought one in '11, as did Golden Tate and the Seahawks this year

The Red Sox too.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 am

Looks like the Bruins started a new tradition.

The Dallas Mavericks bought one in '11, as did Golden Tate and the Seahawks this year

The Red Sox too.

It looks like the Bruins enjoyed theirs the most.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:18 am

George1963 wrote:Looks like the Bruins started a new tradition.

The Red Sox too.

It looks like the Bruins enjoyed theirs the most.

This has to be such an awesome feeling for any team!  The Bruins could very well be doing it again this year. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 am

Back to Irsay.  I think the facts of his situation call for treatment more than punishment, although some punishment is called for and deserved.  But he wasn't speeding and didn't get in an accident. He wasn't driving to endanger.  He was just "lost" when he got pulled over.  lol.  He should pay some price just for being a "Friggin Idiot".
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next