Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Brandt

5 posters

Go down

Andrew Brandt Empty Andrew Brandt

Post by JnC4GB Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Another interesting article, this time by Andrew Brandt about the firings of Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Andrew Brandt Empty Re: Andrew Brandt

Post by ffaralli Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:07 pm

I then dealt with Reverend Jesse Jackson, who wanted a full accounting of Rhodes’ termination after one 8-8 season. I tried to be as informative with him as possible. (Ray was quite uncomfortable with Reverend Jackson’s inquiry).

Wolf went through hell with that firing, having to justify it to those civil rights assholes.....Ray wasn't fired because he was black.

He was fired because he lost control of the team. I know someone who was on that GB team and now does some scouting for the Packers. He told me that guys were not even returning to Green Bay on the team flight. The day after that Tampa Bay game (in Tampa), so many guys were not back that they had to alter/postpone the team activities that day.

While in Philly, Ray was very well liked by the public, regular Joes on the street thought he was a nice guy. What killed him in Philly was when Chucky (Gruden) left to become head coach of the Raiders. Chucky was his OC at the time and that was the end of Ray. He was doing a great job developing a young QB named Bobby Hoying.....that was also the end of Hoying.

During the 1998 season, Holmgren's last, my brother in law worked for a company in Green Bay. By Thanksgiving, he was telling me that word is when Holmgren leaves, Ray Rhodes was going to be the new coach of the Packers. So Wolf knew what was coming.

A quote I remember from Jesse Jackson after meeting with Wolf...."I believe that Ron Wolf is a good decent man, but that firing set us back years."

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:36 pm

ffaralli wrote:
Wolf went through hell with that firing, having to justify it to those civil rights assholes..

Just for clarity's sake...

Being a civil rights worker doesn't mean you are an asshole.

On the other hand, being Jesse Jackson definitely does.

Just so we're clear  Wink
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:43 pm

The Rhodes firing had issues.  However it was the right call and not in any way racially triggered.  In fact I'm sure there was a bit of anguish and hand-wringing to establish that it wasn't.

Sherman of course is pasty white and his pink slip was a much cleaner affair.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:17 pm

duck wrote:The Rhodes firing had issues.  

Yeah- his hiring.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:42 pm

I then dealt with Reverend Jesse Jackson, who wanted a full accounting of Rhodes’ termination after one 8-8 season. I tried to be as informative with him as possible. (Ray was quite uncomfortable with Reverend Jackson’s inquiry).

Wolf went through hell with that firing, having to justify it to those civil rights assholes.....Ray wasn't fired because he was black.

Often, it's a mistake to indulge assholes like this.  It can serve to empower them.  The Green Bay Packers have no obligation whatsoever to provide any accounting of their business decisions to some grandstander who leans on racial divide to feed his family--any more than anyone else trying to make it an issue...

I would have had an unsigned form letter sent to Jackson that merely said, *Thank you for your interest in the Green Bay Packers.  Due to policies of confidentiality, matters of employment are not disclosed publicly.  Thanks again for your interest.*  It's very doubtful I would ever have granted him a meeting, as Wolf did...

Remember the other one?  The PETA freaks demanding that the name be changed from *Packers* because it glorified the meat processing industry?  I recall them proposing *six-packers* instead--because that would serve to honor another big wisconsin industry--Beer.  Never mind that they used corrupt logic to suggest the name is used in honor of something on the *six-packers* side but in denigration to animals on the *packers* side.  Complete freaks.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 pm

_HD_ wrote:I then dealt with Reverend Jesse Jackson, who wanted a full accounting of Rhodes’ termination after one 8-8 season. I tried to be as informative with him as possible. (Ray was quite uncomfortable with Reverend Jackson’s inquiry).

Often, it's a mistake to indulge assholes like this.  It can serve to empower them.  The Green Bay Packers have no obligation whatsoever to provide any accounting of their business decisions to some grandstander who leans on racial divide to feed his family--any more than anyone else trying to make it an issue...

I would have had an unsigned form letter sent to Jackson that merely said, *Thank you for your interest in the Green Bay Packers.  Due to policies of confidentiality, matters of employment are not disclosed publicly.  Thanks again for your interest.*  It's very doubtful I would ever have granted him a meeting, as Wolf did...

Remember the other one?  The PETA freaks demanding that the name be changed from *Packers* because it glorified the meat processing industry?  I recall them proposing *six-packers* instead--because that would serve to honor another big wisconsin industry--Beer.  Never mind that they used corrupt logic to suggest the name is used in honor of something on the *six-packers* side but in denigration to animals on the *packers* side.  Complete freaks.

Yup.  This is where I toggle over to my conservative side.  We've got hundreds of these Aunt Mabel busybodies in Berkeley with nothing better to do than clog up city council meetings with the most inane ridiculous agendas.  Seriously, HD, you have no freaking idea how wacky these ultra-leftist special agenda freaks can be until you live in the Bay Area.  I swear this is the nut capitol of the world.

I'm surprised these PETA ding-a-lings didn't go after Kurt Warner because, after all, as a supermarket clerk, he surely handled meat and packed shelves with various animal products.  The shame.  The horror.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ffaralli Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:19 am

Often, it's a mistake to indulge assholes like this. It can serve to empower them. The Green Bay Packers have no obligation whatsoever to provide any accounting of their business decisions to some grandstander who leans on racial divide to feed his family--any more than anyone else trying to make it an issue...

How about a letter that said,

Dear Jerk-off Jesse:

Who we chose to employ or retain as our head coach is none of your fucking business.

Now go get a fucking job and stop breaking my balls about this.

Ron Wolf

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:46 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:  Complete freaks.

Yup.  This is where I toggle over to my conservative side.  We've got hundreds of these Aunt Mabel busybodies in Berkeley with nothing better to do than clog up city council meetings with the most inane ridiculous agendas.  Seriously, HD, you have no freaking idea how wacky these ultra-leftist special agenda freaks can be until you live in the Bay Area.  I swear this is the nut capitol of the world.

Whether they come from the left or the right, a stupid, intolerant, fascist fanatic is still an stupid, intolerant, fascist fanatic.

These liberal Nazis almost killed off the Democratic Party not that long ago. Fortunately, cooler heads eventually marginalized the crazies that were threatening to sink the ship. 
The exact same thing is currently happening to the Republican Party. Whether the GOP can get their loonies under control and save their party in a national sense remains to be seen. The disadvantage the GOP has compared to the Dems 2-3 decades ago when it comes to "righting the ship" is the Dem crazies had nowhere near the platform in which to be heard compared to the current GOP nutters. Right now, Rupert Murdoch's media empire is the GOP's biggest problem. It is "the Creature" to the GOP's "Dr. Frankenstein". 

Pretty ironic, ain't it?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:15 am

christie has a bridge to sell us.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ffaralli Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:39 am

Whether they come from the left or the right, a stupid, intolerant, fascist fanatic is still an stupid, intolerant, fascist fanatic.

These liberal Nazis almost killed off the Democratic Party not that long ago. Fortunately, cooler heads eventually marginalized the crazies that were threatening to sink the ship.
The exact same thing is currently happening to the Republican Party. Whether the GOP can get their loonies under control and save their party in a national sense remains to be seen. The disadvantage the GOP has compared to the Dems 2-3 decades ago when it comes to "righting the ship" is the Dem crazies had nowhere near the platform in which to be heard compared to the current GOP nutters. Right now, Rupert Murdoch's media empire is the GOP's biggest problem. It is "the Creature" to the GOP's "Dr. Frankenstein".

Pretty ironic, ain't it?

JNC,

I still think these lunes (extreme liberals/extreme conservatives) are at the helm of their respective parties.

If this werent't true. we wouldn't have the gridlock that we have in Washington.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:02 pm

You have to be a sick fuck to want to be a politician from the get go. That makes it an insoluble problem.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down