Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch who you give pens to...

2 posters

Go down

Watch who you give pens to... Empty Watch who you give pens to...

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:31 pm

This dude might actually have something there if his premise was starting Rodgers and not Flynn...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Watch who you give pens to... Empty Re: Watch who you give pens to...

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Whatever............its a side show............bored writers trying to make a buck selling soap opera material
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Watch who you give pens to... Empty Why not?

Post by ffaralli Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:48 am

I 've thought about this too...why not give Flynn a shot.

Tolzien is just too green, he'll put up numbers again this week, do some good things and throw 2 or 3 more picks.....that's what most young QBs do.

I'd start Flynn, he knows the offense, he's a bit more seasoned and go with that.

It would be a slick move if MM announced Tolzien as the starter and starts Flynn....but I don't think he's clever enough for that.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35 am

ffaralli wrote:I 've thought about this too...why not give Flynn a shot.

Tolzien is just too green, he'll put up numbers again this week, do some good things and throw 2 or 3 more picks.....that's what most young QBs do.

I'd start Flynn, he knows the offense, he's a bit more seasoned and go with that.

It would be a slick move if MM announced Tolzien as the starter and starts Flynn....but I don't think he's clever enough for that.

FF
That'd be a viqueen maneuver, FF...  I'm sorry.  I know that was harsh...  Laughing  

It's the wrong choice for both sides of the same two reasons.  Chemistry is vital in the QB/Receiver tandem.  Tolzien is going into his third game of developing it with his receivers.  Flynn has none.  Furthermore, although once well-versed in what was then the offense--it has been three years since Flynn has had exposure to it.  Much will be the same--much will not.  Tolzien has had a several week head start into becoming versed in the present O playbook and has operated surprisingly well within it to this point.  Flynn is a question mark.

Finally, there is some residual value in playing Tolzien beyond the week-to-week W/L's as it gives you the opportunity to assess a number of things in his performance to determine to what degree he could fulfill a future role and justify an extended stay with the team.  Flynn is a hired gun who likely will be released as soon as Rodgers is healthy.  There is no point in investing anything in him beyond the immediacy of the purpose for which he was brought in to serve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down