Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponder more relaxed now....?

3 posters

Go down

Ponder more relaxed now....? Empty Ponder more relaxed now....?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Ponder vows to play more relaxed
Posted by: Mark Craig under [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Updated: October 23, 2013 - 3:46 PM

Christian Ponder has pretty much seen it all the past four games. And he's not done yet.
He's been the starter/alleged long-term answer at quarterback. He's been the injured quarterback. He's been the healed, but benched quarterback. And now, because of Josh Freeman's concussion, he's now returned as the starting quarterback for Sunday night's game against Green Bay, a team that he helped beat with a playoff  berth on the line in Week 17 a year ago.

"It feels good," Ponder said after practice. "I want to be on the field, and this is my opportunity to get back out there again. I think it was good for me to kind of take a step back for a couple weeks and take a deep breath and learn from those first three games and get out there and play better. I’m excited for this opportunity. What a great way to come back out against the Packers at home. It’ll be fun."

Ponder also vowed to be more relaxed and have fun playing the game again. Asked if that's because he's already been benched and basically has nothing to lose, he said, "It couldn't get any worse than that. That's probably fair to say. I think I was playing with a lot of pressure on myself before and never felt in sync. Now is the opportunity to take that deep breath and go out and have fun again. I already got benched, so it can't get worse than that."

Ponder's best game as a pro came in last year's regular-season finale when he tied a career high for touchdown passes (three), set a career high in passer rating and went turnover free in the win over the Packers at the Metrodome.

"The biggest thing for me is to play more relaxed," he said. "I feel like I came out here running the scout team and stuff and practiced relaxed and then came out here running the first team and practiced relaxed, too. That’s going to be big for me.

"It's been an interesting ride. Obviously it swung away from me, it swings back and it's time to grab a hold of it and not let it swing away from me again. It's been obviously up and down. I think it's true to say that I was frustrated and down but I didn't let that effect me. I know this is an opportunity to step back and improve on some things and I did. It's got to translate out to the field though. I'm excited."

Ponder was supposed to start in last years playoff game vs Green Bay. Now he'll have his opportunity to step up his game, redeem his promise of late last season and (as he stated) play a more relaxed, pressure free football game. If this Christian Ponder can pull that off, take command of this offense, give the defense something to worry about and clearly show why he won the starting QB position,,,,then there could be a surprise for more than a few people,,,especially for those wearing green and gold.....

Oh and..... fuck you Green Gay

Thor

Back to top Go down

Ponder more relaxed now....? Empty Re: Ponder more relaxed now....?

Post by MrEd4748 Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Thor11 wrote:Ponder vows to play more relaxed
Posted by: Mark Craig under [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Updated: October 23, 2013 - 3:46 PM

Christian Ponder has pretty much seen it all the past four games. And he's not done yet.
He's been the starter/alleged long-term answer at quarterback. He's been the injured quarterback. He's been the healed, but benched quarterback. And now, because of Josh Freeman's concussion, he's now returned as the starting quarterback for Sunday night's game against Green Bay, a team that he helped beat with a playoff  berth on the line in Week 17 a year ago.

"It feels good," Ponder said after practice. "I want to be on the field, and this is my opportunity to get back out there again. I think it was good for me to kind of take a step back for a couple weeks and take a deep breath and learn from those first three games and get out there and play better. I’m excited for this opportunity. What a great way to come back out against the Packers at home. It’ll be fun."

Ponder also vowed to be more relaxed and have fun playing the game again. Asked if that's because he's already been benched and basically has nothing to lose, he said, "It couldn't get any worse than that. That's probably fair to say. I think I was playing with a lot of pressure on myself before and never felt in sync. Now is the opportunity to take that deep breath and go out and have fun again. I already got benched, so it can't get worse than that."

Ponder's best game as a pro came in last year's regular-season finale when he tied a career high for touchdown passes (three), set a career high in passer rating and went turnover free in the win over the Packers at the Metrodome.

"The biggest thing for me is to play more relaxed," he said. "I feel like I came out here running the scout team and stuff and practiced relaxed and then came out here running the first team and practiced relaxed, too. That’s going to be big for me.

"It's been an interesting ride. Obviously it swung away from me, it swings back and it's time to grab a hold of it and not let it swing away from me again. It's been obviously up and down. I think it's true to say that I was frustrated and down but I didn't let that effect me. I know this is an opportunity to step back and improve on some things and I did. It's got to translate out to the field though. I'm excited."

Ponder was supposed to start in last years playoff game vs Green Bay. Now he'll have his opportunity to step up his game, redeem his promise of late last season and (as he stated) play a more relaxed, pressure free football game. If this Christian Ponder can pull that off, take command of this offense, give the defense something to worry about and clearly show why he won the starting QB position,,,,then there could be a surprise for more than a few people,,,especially for those wearing green and gold.....

Oh and..... fuck you Green Gay

Thor
lol! Geeesus Thor, you're really delusional.   This team is so dysfunctional right now, they couldn't beat Green Bay's practice squad, or Jacksonville's for that matter.

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Mr. Ed....Geeesus Thor, you're really delusional.   This team is so dysfunctional right now, they couldn't beat Green Bay's practice squad, or Jacksonville's for that matter.

As I expected that went right over your head goof ball....I simply implied (as it's obvious per the article) that Ponder MAY have a better performance based on the current situation he's now in. Was that to difficult to comprehend? Never said that the team will win or they're gonna kick the Packers ass,,,Don't see how you focused on that...but then again, horse sense isn't your strong point as you demonstrate fairly consistently bro..

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 am

Hey Thor........for the heckuva it........just picked up some cheap tickets to the Dec 8th Ravens - Vikings game in Baltimore.    Game plan is to wear my Packers attire (as I did a couple of weeks ago when the Pack was here to beat the Ravens) just to make it perfectly clear which purple team I am NOT rooting for.   Oh how some on this chatboard must long for the great Bud Grant era.

1969 Minnesota Vikings Roster
PlayerPosGGSBirthdate[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OT----12/10/1938Detroit Mercy  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]TE----04/06/1945California  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OG----06/17/1940Mississippi  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]RB----06/29/1938Illinois  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DB----01/24/1944South Carolina  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]K----12/11/1938Pittsburgh  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]QB----04/26/1941Virginia  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OT----07/22/1944Kentucky  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DT----02/26/1937Baylor  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DE----02/25/1942Minnesota  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]WR----05/08/1945Oregon State  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DB----07/21/1938Wisconsin  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]WR----04/03/1940Minnesota  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LB----02/21/1945Howard Payne  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]RB----01/17/1946Colorado  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]WR----03/21/1943Michigan  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LB----09/19/1942Iowa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]RB----05/24/1945Michigan State  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]QB----03/19/1938California  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DB----03/20/1941Drake  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LB----05/30/1942Nebraska  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]TE----07/21/1944Minnesota  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DB----02/19/1942Iowa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DT----03/13/1940Concordia (IL)  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]QB----08/07/1945Pacific  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]RB----11/24/1944Arkansas  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DB----01/15/1941Utah State  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DE----12/30/1937Ohio State  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LB----11/21/1946Notre Dame  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]RB----03/18/1943North Dakota  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DT----08/07/1945Notre Dame  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]RB----03/24/1944Colorado State  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LB----03/27/1942Iowa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DB----11/04/1939Pittsburgh  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OT----05/29/1944Michigan  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OG----02/01/1942Minnesota  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]C----05/22/1940Nebraska  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OG----08/20/1944Southern California  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LB----02/26/1942Tennessee Tech  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]WR----01/25/1944Michigan State  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]DB----08/31/1946Texas-El Paso  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OG----04/04/1947California  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LB----09/15/1940Louisiana State  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]OT----07/16/1946Southern California  
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 am

That was a great era in Minnesota Viking football history...stellar roster for sure. But with all due disrespect Ringo....shouldn't you be at your AA meeting today?

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gbjerke Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Thor11 wrote:That was a great era in Minnesota Viking football history...stellar roster for sure. But with all due disrespect Ringo....shouldn't you be at your AA meeting today?

Thor
One error in the '69 group.
Old #77, Gary Larsen graduated from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN, not IL

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down