Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is just painful (but really good)

+3
MB20
duck
JnC4GB
7 posters

Go down

This is just painful (but really good) Empty This is just painful (but really good)

Post by JnC4GB Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 pm

See if you can make it through to the end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

This is just painful (but really good) Empty Re: This is just painful (but really good)

Post by duck Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 pm

JnC4GB wrote:See if you can make it through to the end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You had it pegged: good but painful. A lot of other sources are coming to Capers' aid, suggesting that the issue was more execution than scheme. I'll buy that. Their players won their one-on-one battles.

I'm certainly not trying to absolve our players of blame; it's ultimately on them. However, when you hear comments like "we didn't know Kaepernick was that fast" or "we didn't make any adjustments", that's on the coaches. And when there's been a pattern of our defense not showing up for some playoff games since 2009, you've gotta wonder if another defensive coordinator could do a better job. It's not so much that I think Capers is a bum or anything. I think he has a lot of experience and an excellent football mind. However, I think there are a lot of other coaches out there who could probably do a better job with the players we have. This is a results-oriented business and I'm ready for a change.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

This is just painful (but really good) Empty Re: This is just painful (but really good)

Post by MB20 Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Thanks for the link, JnC.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 pm

i am on capers side after hearing explanations,some players may blame capers for not making changes but what they are really saying is some of the players really suck at their responsbilities and dont want to call out the player but subliminely call out to capers,WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 pm

This again raises my earlier question about Raji.

Pickett has peaked and BJ's contract ends next season. Effective, giant, fat men are once again at the top of the worry chart in my opinion.

Truth be told, isn't Raji JUST LIKE HAWK? i.e., Another top 7 draft pick that has been decent but nowhere near what you hope for when drafted that high.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:25 pm

the argument is raji is the needed meat in the middle to take up blockers,but for the san fran game his meat was lucid,where do the pack find the new or better meat without going backwards next season.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 pm

throttleplate wrote:the argument is raji is the needed meat in the middle to take up blockers,but for the san fran game his meat was lucid,where do the pack find the new or better meat without going backwards next season.

Well, aside from playing against arguably the best interior OL in the NFL, the argument can easily be made that Raji was simply worn out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he played every single snap of that game. There's no one who really spells Raji...

I'd love to see another young beast in there next season. We won't find an all pro at 26 in the first round, but a solid rotation guy in the middle? Definitely.

Then again we could land an excellent RB at that spot too... Rolling Eyes
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 pm

I think we have been short of DLs over the last several years. Back in the 4-3 days it seemed like we always had bodies to rotate so that wide loads like Gilbert Brown and Grady Jackson had someone to spell them so they were not exhausted by mid third quarter.

Good case in point during our 2010 SB season was when I went to see us lose to the Dolphins and MM had to put TJ Lang on the defensive line on 4th and a foot to stop the Fins from getting a first down. Now that tells you we are short on bodies. Right Ringo?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Trav Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 pm

The Packers had one named Johnny Jolley

Trav

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 pm

JnC4GB wrote:This again raises my earlier question about Raji.

Pickett has peaked and BJ's contract ends next season. Effective, giant, fat men are once again at the top of the worry chart in my opinion.

Truth be told, isn't Raji JUST LIKE HAWK? i.e., Another top 7 draft pick that has been decent but nowhere near what you hope for when drafted that high.

The contribution Raji made to the Packers with his game-sealing pick against the Bears in the NFC Championship game alone may have justified his selection! Very Happy

Having said that, you raise an interesting question, JnC. When he's on his game, Raji does indeed play like a top level pick. He has stretches where he is dominating. However, he also disappears at times.

My sense is that the issue for him is snap counts. He gets way too many for a guy his size. If the rest of our D-line was better, they wouldn't have to rely on him so much. Cut his snap counts down and surround him with better supporting linemen and I think we can still harvest appropriate value from the big guy.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:This again raises my earlier question about Raji.

The contribution Raji made to the Packers with his game-sealing pick against the Bears in the NFC Championship game alone may have justified his selection! Very Happy

Having said that, you raise an interesting question, JnC. When he's on his game, Raji does indeed play like a top level pick. He has stretches where he is dominating. However, he also disappears at times.

My sense is that the issue for him is snap counts. He gets way too many for a guy his size. If the rest of our D-line was better, they wouldn't have to rely on him so much. Cut his snap counts down and surround him with better supporting linemen and I think we can still harvest appropriate value from the big guy.

Raji and Hawk both leave you wanting more. IMO, that's where their similarities end.

I agree that it's all about workload with Raji. When he's right, he's pretty lethal, and when he disappears, I really think it's more of a physical issue than "playing when he wants to play" (although he does have some explaining to do for that piss-poor effort against SF). And let's be honest- he could benefit from better talent around him, too. That front 7 is him and Matthews in terms of playmakers. Pickett and Wilson are good at run defense, but they don't make a lot of plays (and Pickett's best days are behind him).

His pick in the NFC Championship game alone puts him head and shoulders above Hawk. When was the last huge game-turning play that guy made?

Keep Raji, let Hawk walk.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 am

Let's get a healthy Bishop back next season. We missed him a lot more than we think. Add a high motor Perry to the mix and we make more plays. Now we just need more pop on the D line.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 am

milani wrote:I think we have been short of DLs over the last several years. Back in the 4-3 days it seemed like we always had bodies to rotate so that wide loads like Gilbert Brown and Grady Jackson had someone to spell them so they were not exhausted by mid third quarter.

Good case in point during our 2010 SB season was when I went to see us lose to the Dolphins and MM had to put TJ Lang on the defensive line on 4th and a foot to stop the Fins from getting a first down. Now that tells you we are short on bodies. Right Ringo?

Correct Milani. Now just run it and let's get the hell out of here.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 am

Comparing the Packers D to the Niners D........we have a long way to go. Packers are way behind the Niners D in terms of strength and will on the field. Put the Niniers LB corp on behind the Packers D-line, or vice versa........and I think you may have an NFC title team. Not this half-baked defense we have now. And forget about thinking Capers should not be let go........Do not resign Capers to be our defensive coordinator. Bring back Donatell :>) :>) LOL LOL LOL. The short of it is: Packers D Sucks! TT should be ashamed and quit too.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 am

9ers are the one team that has 6 Pro Bowlers on its defense. And the guys that are not Pro Bowlers are better than most teams players in those positions.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Exactly. Read Packersnews.com where the players, et al are graded. The coaches and front office got a C (i.e., average). Only 2 defensive players graded out a B or higher (#52 Matthews and #29 Hayward). That is just unacceptable. You're not going to win in this league when you are not playing even average football. Now about 'heart' ......the Ravens have 'heart'. Where do the Packers rate on the 'heart' scale ? And they are talking about letting Jennings go to free agency..........that would be about as dumb as not picking up Tony G when the opportunity presented itself. Finley.....compare his performance to Vernon Davis, the Ravens TE, Dallas' Witten........and Tony G. Not even in the same breathe. A center that can't run block.......when was the last time that made any sense? And letting Barnett go made no sense either at the time.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 am

Ringo, Jennings leaving is a no-brainer. He wants MONEY and has made it VERY clear that the Packers aren't going to give him what he wants and that he is very prepared to move on.

You think his sister came up with all that negativity all on her own? No, she knew that Jennings and the Packers' relationship was finished.

Look, he is obviously a good guy and is still a good WR, but he turns 30 this year and is injury prone. The Packers have THREE starters under contract WITHOUT HIM.

Let it go, bro. Jennings is done in Titletown.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Well then let's see if Jones, Cobb and Nelson can play NOT hurt. Hey.......maybe no one will pay Jennings the bucks and he stays (I know I am dreamin'). I heard Jennings' interview......he said he just wants to take care of his family. We'll see where he lands.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down