Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milani curse?

2 posters

Go down

Milani curse? Empty Milani curse?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 am

Ken Whisenhunt jumping on his team entering critical game

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 31, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt isn’t a yeller or a screamer. Which means when he yells and screams, there’s generally a reason.

At 4-4 (after losing four in a row), the Cards in a precarious spot, with the Packers this week then a bye. They could change the narrative of the second half with a win, or they could drag a five-game losing streak around with them for an extra week.

Defensive leader Darnell Docket said Whisenhunt [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] after the loss to the 49ers Monday.

“He called out some guys in the training room that we need on the field,” Dockett said, via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. “Hopefully the message got to some guys. We’ve got one more game before this bye week. We’ve got to do whatever we have to do to win this game, by all means necessary.

...and the Shrekker better have them ready this time because it looks like Whisenhunt has set this game up as the *crossroads* for their season...

Back to top Go down

Milani curse? Empty Re: Milani curse?

Post by duck Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 pm

_HD_ wrote:Ken Whisenhunt jumping on his team entering critical game

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt isn’t a yeller or a screamer. Which means when he yells and screams, there’s generally a reason.

At 4-4 (after losing four in a row), the Cards in a precarious spot, with the Packers this week then a bye. They could change the narrative of the second half with a win, or they could drag a five-game losing streak around with them for an extra week.

Defensive leader Darnell Docket said Whisenhunt [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] after the loss to the 49ers Monday.

“He called out some guys in the training room that we need on the field,” Dockett said, via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. “Hopefully the message got to some guys. We’ve got one more game before this bye week. We’ve got to do whatever we have to do to win this game, by all means necessary.

...and the Shrekker better have them ready this time because it looks like Whisenhunt has set this game up as the *crossroads* for their season...

I'm surprised Whisenhunt waited this long to declare a game a "must win". You'd think the MNF game against their divisional rival Niners would have been that game. I watched that game and it was ugly. If you think the Packers looked flat against the Jags, the Cards looked like a bunch of high school girls throwing purses at the Niners.

I'm still not particularly worried about Arizona, even if they do bring their A game. The way to beat them is to double Fitzgerald and dare them to run. Teams have been doing that successfully all season. Fitz took a couple of nasty hits against the Niners and looked frustrated to me. Maybe he'll go Randy Moss on us and quit. Very Happy

It would be easy to make a parallel between this game for the Cards and our game against Houston. The only difference is that when the Packers bring their A game, it's arguably the best in the league. Even if the Cards play all out, I still see the Packers prevailing.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 pm

duck wrote:

I'm surprised Whisenhunt waited this long to declare a game a "must win". You'd think the MNF game against their divisional rival Niners would have been that game. I watched that game and it was ugly. If you think the Packers looked flat against the Jags, the Cards looked like a bunch of high school girls throwing purses at the Niners.

You've got to be careful in the application of the crossroads tactic... If it truly is not a *must win* game--and it is against an opponent that you are unlikely to beat even with the added motivational juice (like the 9ers)--then your juice is all used up from that point forward should you lose...

I'm still not particularly worried about Arizona, even if they do bring their A game. The way to beat them is to double Fitzgerald and dare them to run. Teams have been doing that successfully all season. Fitz took a couple of nasty hits against the Niners and looked frustrated to me. Maybe he'll go Randy Moss on us and quit. Very Happy

This game will tell us a lot about both the Cards and the Pack. This is another team that the Pack, injuries and all, should destroy. You can write them off for anything special in the playoffs if they play down to the level of a second vastly inferior opponent at home in a row... If the Cards lose--they'll have spent their juice and it'll be mail-in time for the rest of the season...

It would be easy to make a parallel between this game for the Cards and our game against Houston. The only difference is that when the Packers bring their A game, it's arguably the best in the league. Even if the Cards play all out, I still see the Packers prevailing.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:03 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

You've got to be careful in the application of the crossroads tactic... If it truly is not a *must win* game--and it is against an opponent that you are unlikely to beat even with the added motivational juice (like the 9ers)--then your juice is all used up from that point forward should you lose...

This game will tell us a lot about both the Cards and the Pack. This is another team that the Pack, injuries and all, should destroy. You can write them off for anything special in the playoffs if they play down to the level of a second vastly inferior opponent at home in a row... If the Cards lose--they'll have spent their juice and it'll be mail-in time for the rest of the season...

Good follow up points, HD, and I agree with all of them. Realistically you can only play that "crossroad" card once in a season, and you'd better play it judiciously and back it up with added vigor from the coaching staff. If you play it again after that, the players won't buy in.

A lackluster performance by the Pack would not be a good sign. Conversely, I don't want or expect to see them jacked up the way they were against Houston either. What I'd like to see is a crisp methodical execution.

You say if the Cards lose, they can write off the season, and I concur. I even wonder if many of them have written it off already.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm

The difference here prior to the Houston game is who are we missing. If a few of these guys don't get back on the field we will be as impotent as we were last week and depend on special teams to make a play.

Kuhn and Nelson are invaluable. The offense is scaled down considerably because Rodgers has less weapons and less options. And without Benson we know we will settle for a lot of 2 yard plunges. I just hope Skelton gets insecure and gets hurried almost as much as on Monday night. Maybe we'll get a pick this week. Can't ignore Patrick Peterson on returns. That could change the whole game. We are pretty much as banged up as the Miami game of 2010. And our opponent appeared to be a sure pushover.

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down