Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Stadium

4 posters

Go down

New Stadium Empty New Stadium

Post by rodevos1 Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Late Friday, Minneapolis, the state and the Vikings reached a preliminary agreement on the division of costs for a $975 million stadium near the Metrodome, according the Star Tribune. The city would contribute $150 million in construction costs; the state would pay $398 million; and the Vikings would pay $427 million. The city also would pay approximately $180 million in operating costs over the next 30 years.

Its ironic that the NFL wouldn't cough up any bucks like they are supposed to do like they done for Dalass & New Yoke but, since the Vikings are nobody special their out of class. Maybe if Goodell wasn't such a panzy ass and control the NFL like it was his call to judgment, things would be a little different where every team is out there on a level turf. Even with this new Stadium, of which is still preliminary, I still don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. What I mean is the size of it with the seating capacity for the general public is still too small IMO and in that being said, nothing has really changed for the general public. They should have just moved outta state because their stuck for another 30 years going no place no where any time soon. There is no doubt about it, the old Metrodome was outta date 15 yrs after it was built ( size wise that is ) so, whats the difference between the new one and the old one, ... nothing but booths and concessions and thats pretty much it. As for the possibilities of expansion, who knows whats possible down the road. Tail gating will probably still be the same like it always has been with people parking wherever they can out on the streets and in small parking lots scattered all over the city. There just isnt any fucking future like Dalass and New Yoke has. Even if Zygi had made up some phony stock to sell, it would probably never sell, the Viking fans are a little smarter than to buy something fake. Razz
Dalass capacity is 110000 and cost 1.41 Bil.
New Yoke capacity 82566 at a cost of 1.71 bil

As it stands right now, I still have no clue what the hell the capacity will be for the Vikings new home because I can't find anything about the newest one. lol Question

Last edited by rodevos1 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unfinished)
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

New Stadium Empty Re: New Stadium

Post by Gbjerke Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Rode--
Great to see you made it here.
As I see it, the positive is a new stadium but location, and maybe capacity sucks the big one. POLITICS...go figure.
Think I saw proposals for the northern burbs...Like Arden Hills? and others? And they go back downtown? A real pisser.
The original Metropolitan Field was awesome. Great location and a huge parking lot to tailgate. Went to a lot games there and really enjoyed it. Arrive at 10 am, tailgate, bullshit with others and hit the game...celebrate or drown out sorrows in the lot after the game. Good times.
Now, it is stay at a motel, ride some bus to the game and ride back afterwards...no tailgating. A huge PITA.
Trying to be positive, at least we will have a pro franchise remain. What the hell would we do without the Vikes being in the cities!

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:17 am

Hey GB, glad to see somebody recognizable.

Yeah, the New one is a real disappointment and we can thank the political cons for that shit, they would rather take cold hard cash from lobbyists etc. than to help the Vikings get a Stadium deal done for "nothing" - if ya know what I mean. It must be getting tougher these days to pay off a politician. Shocked

I was told by a friend of mine that Dalass & the New Yoker's are slow in paying back the NFL for the loan. I don't know if theres any truth in it or not but irregardless the NFL should have flipped out some coin to help the Vikings build a new Stadium. Must be another punishment from Goodell come due that we all forgot about.
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gbjerke Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 pm

One of my sons sent me clip on the new stadium.

A 30 year agreement--good

Built on the present site---bad

Seating for 65,000--bad

Parking for 2,500 vehicles--bad

Fixed roof--bad

If the legislature and Mpls council give the green light it is a "go" I guess. Just too bad the location will not change nor the rest of the "bads" noted above.

OK, I'll take any agreement to keep the team in Minny but am disappointed in the rest.

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 pm

I know the cons out weigh the pro's here but, at least we still have Viking football in Minnesota.
A second thought that just occurred to me is that, nothing may ever really change for this team, its like all they'll be getting here is a new apartment instead of a new home they can be proud of. Plus I think if its going to be such a small one that the NFL should jump in and donate some money so they have the possibility of enlarging it with seating capacity too parking. Didn't Zygi once own all the property's around the Stadium and then sell it all after he heard there wont be a new one built?
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

New Stadium Empty What the hell....

Post by Gbjerke Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:22 pm

is going on regarding the new stadium?

The legislature nixed it?? UNREAL! What's the scoop?

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Throw in getting Trav Jackson and sign the deal.
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Just busting balls here. LOL. THe parking allows for an average of 10,000 people. THat's pathetic. That means that 55,000 peeps will need to take train, bus, or what ever. Piss poor plan...sorry....
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 12:45 pm

i read last night that they are still bargaining to make it a retractable roof stadium either way the vikings will be playing out side for atleast the next three to three and a half seasons

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 am

I have been out of town and haven't heard a peep about the new Stadium and how things are going.
Are the Vikings going to be playing at the Gophers stadium in the mean time?
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 Mon May 14, 2012 5:24 pm

I like that idea of playing outside again. Its too bad they'll have to get themselves a little "cold" though. lol
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 am

rodevos1 wrote:I like that idea of playing outside again. Its too bad they'll have to get themselves a little "cold" though. lol

theywill most likely play 2 and a half to three seasons at the u

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 pm

triplplayer543 wrote:
rodevos1 wrote:I like that idea of playing outside again. Its too bad they'll have to get themselves a little "cold" though. lol

theywill most likely play 2 and a half to three seasons at the u

Hey triplplayer...sorry about the issues. Glad to see you up and running. I owe you and a few still tying to get on board. Sorry...again. Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Stadium Empty new sttadium

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:03 pm

i thought about starting a new topic but figured id just add it too this one . with the vikings new stadium and the price the new owner of the browns paid zygi has to be extatic that the price of the vikings franchise surely just doubled if the browns are worth over 1 billion dollars the vikings should be around 1.25 billion atleast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down