Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vilma Suspended

3 posters

Go down

Vilma Suspended Empty Vilma Suspended

Post by wassejet Wed May 02, 2012 4:42 pm

For entire 2012 season for role in bounty-gate.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Vilma Suspended Empty Re: Vilma Suspended

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm

wassejet wrote:For entire 2012 season for role in bounty-gate.

I am soooooooooooooooooo against punishing players for this that it sickens me. I don't feel that any players are in a position to go against the wishes of the coaches. Goody is wrong on this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by RickC Thu May 03, 2012 2:27 pm

PatsRBest wrote:

I am soooooooooooooooooo against punishing players for this that it sickens me. I don't feel that any players are in a position to go against the wishes of the coaches. Goody is wrong on this one.

He's a big boy, he knew what he was doing was wrong and did it anyway. He's too high profile a player to feel he had to do what any coach says.

Saying "I was just following orders" is how cowards have justified inappropriate actions forever. Vilma et al got what they deserve.
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 4:38 pm

RickC wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:

He's a big boy, he knew what he was doing was wrong and did it anyway. He's too high profile a player to feel he had to do what any coach says.

Saying "I was just following orders" is how cowards have justified inappropriate actions forever. Vilma et al got what they deserve.

Agreed.
He could have easily said, I don't feel right about this, and that's that. If he is playing his position well, it's not like they are going to cut him for not pushing the head hunter situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu May 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I Totally agreed with the Suspended it was the right things to do expecially in what have happened to JR, Seau. These's players was ask to go out there and take another players out meaning if they needed to hurt him and to injured a players to do so. Face it these players take alot of hard hits over their NFL Careers. No players in any way need a teams Coach or coachs tell them they need to take out a players or the QB's so that they can win this game. And I also feel that the GM, from the Saints should had be fired because he knew what was going on. As much as I love this game I never want to see a players get hurt were his career have ended because of a players who plays dirty. I can still remember went DE, Dennis Bird got hurt and his nfl had ended I never want to see that ever happened to any players.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 8:23 pm

GangGreen wrote:
RickC wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:

Agreed.
He could have easily said, I don't feel right about this, and that's that. If he is playing his position well, it's not like they are going to cut him for not pushing the head hunter situation.

I simply can't agree that a player has the say over a coach. Even if a player is a willing participant, he's still doing it because it's expected of him to not only do it but to embrace it. An NFL locker room is a unique environment and fosters that kind of trust. We also don't have all the facts as to what exactly they're accused of doing. I'm not sure that they know either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 8:39 pm

PatsRBest wrote:
GangGreen wrote:
RickC wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:

Agreed.

I simply can't agree that a player has the say over a coach. Even if a player is a willing participant, he's still doing it because it's expected of him to not only do it but to embrace it. An NFL locker room is a unique environment and fosters that kind of trust. We also don't have all the facts as to what exactly they're accused of doing. I'm not sure that they know either.

Not saying that he has power over the coach, but you simply do not engage in it. He cant tell the coach that nobody is doing it, but he has control over what he does in that respect.

I totally agree that we have no idea as to exactly what his role in this was. However, when you consider the other 3 players suspended received 8, 4 and 3 game suspensions, (to me) it says he was a big player in the bounty program. Again though, we have to wait and see what comes out, and what an arbiter has to say since he is challenging his suspension, but if he was involved and it was enough to warrant a full season suspension while other players received half of that or less, then yes it is well deserved IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 am

GangGreen wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:
GangGreen wrote:
RickC wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:

Agreed.

Not saying that he has power over the coach, but you simply do not engage in it. He cant tell the coach that nobody is doing it, but he has control over what he does in that respect.

I totally agree that we have no idea as to exactly what his role in this was. However, when you consider the other 3 players suspended received 8, 4 and 3 game suspensions, (to me) it says he was a big player in the bounty program. Again though, we have to wait and see what comes out, and what an arbiter has to say since he is challenging his suspension, but if he was involved and it was enough to warrant a full season suspension while other players received half of that or less, then yes it is well deserved IMO.

Since we started this discussion I did a little more reading about it. It reminds me of the strike, when both sides (the union and owners) were giving the fans nothing but lip service. During that time I was leaning more toward the owners' side, but now I'm on the other side. The breakdown that allowed this to happen came in the lack of communication between the league's edict and the players on the field. Somehow the players didn't take it serious or were never told.

There's also the matter of where do you draw the line between one player trying to take another player out at any time. Is it because there's some money thrown in that makes it so wrong now but okay every other time, or is it the fact that it's organized?

No matter what it's a very interesting topic. The actions of the NFL will probably take the Saints out of the picture this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down