Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Round picks

3 posters

Go down

1st Round picks Empty 1st Round picks

Post by Gbjerke Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Thought I would see a number of posts on above today..not so....

C'mon, I'm excited...got Kalil by going from #3 to #4...plus more picks from Cleveland (maybe payback time when Cleveland dumped what's his name on us,... the QB dumbass Green said was our future---a true BUST)...and got a prime safety in Smith! Two HUGE needs.

Will see what picks are out there but the first rounders are starters for damn sure.

Can hardly believe the Vikes did an awesome job in the first round.

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

1st Round picks Empty Re: 1st Round picks

Post by jjnet328 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:57 pm

I thought the Vikings would try and trade up and grab Jenoris Jenkins but the Rams nabbed him in the early second round. I like the picks but unfortunately they need so much that they're not going to reap the benefits for a few more years. Still need a receiver and need some d-line help, linebackers, etc. Rebuilding starts with the o-line so no one should be disappointed with the 4th pick. I know Claiborne is a beast but Smith and Hill aren't too shabby and if we take Claiborne the drop off was too steep in regards to the next best o-lineman. The Vikings did the best they could have been expected to do in my opinion. Usually they screw the draft up and "reach" for some project that ends up sucking. I give them a at least a B+ grade.

jjnet328

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 am

#1 ) Rated OT jr.Matt Kalil USC, 6'7" 306
Great Franchise player to protect the QB. He should last for years.

#2 ) Rated SS sr.Harrison Smith ND 6'2" 213
A hard hitting Safety who players will remember in the secondary! Its about time the Vikings brass get a franchise SS. Somebody to cover the bigger Tight Ends running deep and hit Running backs who break free from the line. This pick was a must in this years draft. And with good reason the Vikings were worried somebody else might take him so they moved up back into the 1st rd to get him.

#5 ) Rated CB jr.Josh Robinson UCF 5'10" 199
An excellent choice here in the 3rd rd for a Top 5 CB and, the Vikings were lucky he fell into their laps in the 3rd rd. He's worthy of a high 2nd at the least. Maybe not Franchise material but, time will tell. He's fast and a ball hawk plus he's a very hard hitting Corner in the mold of Winnfield. This was our steal of the draft.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
#183 ) Rated Slot R. sr. J. Wright, Ark. 5'10" 182 ( 4th rd pick )
The Vikings are hoping he can fill in at the return position and step into the Slot in relief of Percy. He's extremely fast and illusive running across the field. Fits the mold of Wes Welker & Percy Harvin with the exception of having smaller hands where he had trouble catching the faster thrown balls. He's a solid project who will get better and, along with,....

#85 ) rated WR sr.Greg Childs Ark 6'3" 219 ( 4th rd pick )
An excellent pick, potential to be a #1 possession receiver who has been playing with life long team mate and friend Jarius Wright from HS football too College and now, the Pro's. Such be a shame to separate them so, the Vikings drafted them both because they raise hell on the field with a good QB who can pass the ball. I don't now but something gives me a good feeling about these two rookies. Running a 4.41 in 40 time, he looks like a deep threat when we need one provided if he gets behind the Defense.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll touch on the other picks when I get a chance later today or in a couple days.
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Post by jjnet328 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 am

Damn Rode....glad you did your homework so the rest of us didn't have to! Thanks for the insight. Hopefully they don't screw up the stadium deal again. Would be nice to start the new era with some decent young talent in a brand new building. Git er done.

jjnet328

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 12:03 am

sorry guys ive had a had time signing on to this room great day to be a vikings fan aint it

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 Sun May 13, 2012 7:09 am

I spent about 2 hours compiling all this info on the other draft picks writing little articles about each player including all the undrafted Free Agents and then my pc freeze's up on me. Lost everything, dammit! lol
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down