Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoot out on the Tundra

4 posters

Go down

Shoot out on the Tundra Empty Shoot out on the Tundra

Post by milani Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:59 pm

This game was reminiscent of 2011 when we had shootouts with a lot of teams. Almost 1,000 yards in total offense.
The big difference is that we have a running game that is as good as we have seen in about a decade. And Crosby came through in crunch time from 53 cold weather yards. Give a lot of credit to Brad Jones for blocking that FG at halftime. And Kuhn.....Who says we don't need him? What a blocker! He sealed the left end for Starks to run IN THE ALLEY!

Give credit to Atlanta and Matty Ice and co. The Falcons have a lot of talent on their offense. They just seem to choke in the big ones.
Julio Jones just never seems to stay healthy for long. And they don't have a defense. Devin Hester was a non-factor. After a tough battle with the great Pats we still had enough in the tank.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Shoot out on the Tundra Empty Re: Shoot out on the Tundra

Post by JhnK307 Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:27 pm

This game was reminiscent of 2011 when we had shootouts with a lot of teams. Almost 1,000 yards in total offense.

Yes....I was thinking the same thing.   McCarthy said it was poor communications on defense.  Don't forget...Shields did not practice all week recovering from his concussion.

I did not see any adjustments from Capers.  Maybe a good wakeup call.
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 pm

JhnK307 wrote:This game was reminiscent of 2011 when we had shootouts with a lot of teams. Almost 1,000 yards in total offense.

Yes....I was thinking the same thing.   McCarthy said it was poor communications on defense.  Don't forget...Shields did not practice all week recovering from his concussion.

capers didnt adjust because he didnt want to show anything on tape in case we play them in he playoffs and new the pack would hang on and win the game.Remember the cardinals game 2009?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:11 pm

throttleplate wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:This game was reminiscent of 2011 when we had shootouts with a lot of teams. Almost 1,000 yards in total offense.

capers didnt adjust because he didnt want to show anything on tape in case we play them in he playoffs and new the pack would hang on and win the game.Remember the cardinals game 2009?

I guess he tried not to show anything to Drew Brees and the Saints either so they flew all over us 44-23. We could have to play one of them since one of them has to win that division. The fact is that the Falcons knew they had to hurry and get down the field due to the large deficit. And they did a great job of it. The hurry up ran us out of gas and we just could not keep up with them. We needed a Lombardi run pounding drive to keep our D off the field for a good while. We could not get enough pass rush and Ryan was as accurate as he has ever been. A healthy Julio Jones is a nightmare. But he has trouble staying on the field. I'd almost want to cover Megatron down the field than have to keep up with that guy.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:05 pm

milani wrote:
throttleplate wrote:

I guess he tried not to show anything to Drew Brees and the Saints either so they flew all over us 44-23. We could have to play one of them since one of them has to win that division. The fact is that the Falcons knew they had to hurry and get down the field due to the large deficit. And they did a great job of it. The hurry up ran us out of gas and we just could not keep up with them. We needed a Lombardi run pounding drive to keep our D off the field for a good while. We could not get enough pass rush and Ryan was as accurate as he has ever been. A healthy Julio Jones is a nightmare. But he has trouble staying on the field. I'd almost want to cover Megatron down the field than have to keep up with that guy.

i agree with you,i am gonna stop listening to the bill michaels show as that is where i heard not showing it all.Matty ice was on.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:57 am

Practically every member of the Packers secondary took a turn against Jones, with little to no success. Cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] didn’t practice all week due to his recovery from a concussion, and he wasn’t sharp. He eventually gave way in the fourth quarter to House, who held his own against Jones better than any of his teammates. House broke up one deep ball to Jones and then nearly intercepted a pass to him in the end zone.
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:33 pm

RagnarLodbrok2 wrote:I did not see any adjustments from Capers.  Maybe a good wakeup call.

Practically every member of the Packers secondary took a turn against Jones, with little to no success. Cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] didn’t practice all week due to his recovery from a concussion, and he wasn’t sharp. He eventually gave way in the fourth quarter to House, who held his own against Jones better than any of his teammates. House broke up one deep ball to Jones and then nearly intercepted a pass to him in the end zone.

To win the war against Matty Ice you have to win the battle up front the way the 9ers gave it to him in the playoffs a couple years ago. Then he gets rattled and out of control.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 pm

from the press gazette....>>>>The previous week, against New England, the Packers pulled out all their game-plan moves with uncommon blitzes on defense and their most varied personnel groups of the season on offense. But they held back defensively against the Falcons, and it's hard not to think coach Mike McCarthy was factoring a possible playoff rematch in that decision.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:45 pm

throttleplate wrote:from the press gazette....>>>>The previous week, against New England, the Packers pulled out all their game-plan moves with uncommon blitzes on defense and their most varied personnel groups of the season on offense. But they held back defensively against the Falcons, and it's hard not to think coach Mike McCarthy was factoring a possible playoff rematch in that decision.

When you look at the score at halftime you have to think there would be no need to change a whole lot in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Then there is also the chance that the Pats could see us again in the last playoff game although that is less likely. I know our defense has got to step it up against Buffalo because our offense is not just going to march down the field every time against that Bills' defense. Don't let Orton embarrass us like he did in KC back in 2011.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down