Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAME J-E-T-S

3 posters

Go down

SAME J-E-T-S Empty SAME J-E-T-S

Post by NY JETS1 Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Miami adjusts and the Jets don't improvise. 9 pass plays before the last drive and that's with Decker and Harvin on the team. That says a lot about what they think of Geno. It's what the Jets needed anyway another loss so they can draft higher. Don't like RGIII no problem. Let them Marcus Mariota. He will know how to get the ball to Havin and Decker. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

SAME J-E-T-S Empty Re: SAME J-E-T-S

Post by wassejet Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:37 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:Miami adjusts and the Jets don't improvise. 9 pass plays before the last drive and that's with Decker and Harvin on the team. That says a lot about what they think of Geno. It's what the Jets needed anyway another loss so they can draft higher. Don't like RGIII no problem. Let them Marcus Mariota. He will know how to get the ball to Havin and Decker. 
Yeah, and Decker being covered all night by a guy the Fins just signed off the street! The Jets coaching has been despicable all year, so nothing new there. The Jets will draft high enough to get Mariota if they want him. From where they will be drafting it wouldn't be a big deal to move up to get him. Not every team drafting at the top next year will be looking for a QB.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:15 am

The only thing wrong with you post. If Idzig is GM. He would bypass Mariota in first round. He would draft a QB in much later rounds. That way he would save millions of dollars in cap fees. Of course he would be a bust. Just like 18 of Idzig's 19 draft picks the last 2 years.

He would not draft a QB, Wr or CB at all. Or draft them much later to save money. Of course they will all stink. The man does not recognize talent at all. He only looks at dollar signs.                                                      

alien

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:22 pm

wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:Miami adjusts and the Jets don't improvise. 9 pass plays before the last drive and that's with Decker and Harvin on the team. That says a lot about what they think of Geno. It's what the Jets needed anyway another loss so they can draft higher. Don't like RGIII no problem. Let them Marcus Mariota. He will know how to get the ball to Havin and Decker. 
Yeah, and Decker being covered all night by a guy the Fins just signed off the street! The Jets coaching has been despicable all year, so nothing new there. The Jets will draft high enough to get Mariota if they want him. From where they will be drafting it wouldn't be a big deal to move up to get him. Not every team drafting at the top next year will be looking for a QB.
Another thing worng with the Jets is that the coaching philosophy is behind the times. They are coached to stop the run fist on defense and they are coached to run first on offense. The problem with that is the NFL the past few years has been a passing league. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:58 am

NY JETS1 wrote:Another thing worng with the Jets is that the coaching philosophy is behind the times. They are coached to stop the run fist on defense and they are coached to run first on offense. The problem with that is the NFL the past few years has been a passing league. 
Agree. They are top heavy on run stoppers and light on pass rushers. They have guys like Babin, Pace and Coples playing regularly  and haven't done squat all year. Then they have guys who have shown some ability to get at the QB, McIntyre and Enemkapali sitting on the bench. On offense, right again. There is nothing wrong with a run first philosophy as long as you can still throw when you need to. That's been the problem with the Jets, even since Sanchez was here. The passing game is so weak, that opposing defenses can load the box and dare the Jets to throw. It doesn't take a genius D coordinator to game plan for the Jets.....stop the run and make them beat you through the air. You saw a perfect example of that in the second half of the Miami game.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:47 pm

I don't think that they are coached to stop the run only. The reason that they can't stop the or break up a pass play. They have no corner backs on the team. They have only free agents or converted safeties to play the position. If you don't have players to play the position. It will seem to some that they are nor coached to stop the pass. The new head coach next year will have the same problem. If the jets don't get someone to play corner back. 

No

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:16 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:I don't think that they are coached to stop the run only. The reason that they can't stop the or break up a pass play. They have no corner backs on the team. They have only free agents or converted safeties to play the position. If you don't have players to play the position. It will seem to some that they are nor coached to stop the pass. The new head coach next year will have the same problem. If the jets don't get someone to play corner back. 

No
I've posted many times before (even on the old AOL boards) DB's are overrated. I still believe that. A good pass rush makes up for deficiencies in coverage. I don't care how many Revis' you have in coverage, any decent NFL QB can beat coverage if given enough time. The problem with Rex is that his defenses emphasize having one lockdown corner in order to be successful. The Jets would be more successful defensively if they concentrated on getting better pass rushers. They had a guy who was fairly successful getting to the QB, Aaron Maybin, who they picked up from Buffalo. This guy had about 6 sacks in a brief stint with the Jets, and then they let him go. Also, they had a guy, Jamal Westerman, who showed more promise than Vernon Gholston, but who do the Jets keep around for 4 years?

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:46 am

wassejet wrote:
bowlerman422 wrote:I don't think that they are coached to stop the run only. The reason that they can't stop the or break up a pass play. They have no corner backs on the team. They have only free agents or converted safeties to play the position. If you don't have players to play the position. It will seem to some that they are nor coached to stop the pass. The new head coach next year will have the same problem. If the jets don't get someone to play corner back. 

No
I've posted many times before (even on the old AOL boards) DB's are overrated. I still believe that. A good pass rush makes up for deficiencies in coverage. I don't care how many Revis' you have in coverage, any decent NFL QB can beat coverage if given enough time. The problem with Rex is that his defenses emphasize having one lockdown corner in order to be successful. The Jets would be more successful defensively if they concentrated on getting better pass rushers. They had a guy who was fairly successful getting to the QB, Aaron Maybin, who they picked up from Buffalo. This guy had about 6 sacks in a brief stint with the Jets, and then they let him go. Also, they had a guy, Jamal Westerman, who showed more promise than Vernon Gholston, but who do the Jets keep around for 4 years?
That's the point I was making. I couldn't agree more.  
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:05 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:That's the point I was making. I couldn't agree more.  

And here's the flipside to this: if you have a defense whose success is predicated on the talent of one individual, then you should pay that individual appropriately. Yes, Revis was a pain in the ass about his contracts, but I suspect he knew how important he was to the defense. The Jets, on the other hand, looked at Revis as a top DB, but weren't willing to pay him more than the other top DB's were making, and that it turns out, was a big mistake.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:28 pm

They should have signed and paid Revis this year. They didn't. They saved 20 million dollars in cap space. Too bad that 20 million dollars can't play corner back.

As I said before. The next coach of the Jets will have the same problem as Rex does. Unless the Jets use the money to get players instead of using the money to play a position.

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:23 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:

...As I said before. The next coach of the Jets will have the same problem as Rex does. Unless the Jets use the money to get players instead of using the money to play a position.
Maybe not. Look at the Browns. They didn't have a lot of name players on their roster, they had a QB controversy in the beginning of the year, they hired a no-name coach and voila, they are winning. Same deal with Buffalo and Miami. Good coaching goes a long way.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum