Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was totally disgusted

3 posters

Go down

I  was totally disgusted Empty I was totally disgusted

Post by bowlerman422 Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:52 pm

I was totally disgusted today watching the football game from San Diego. None of the Jets appeared today. There was no offense. No defense. No coaching. As far as coaching goes. I don't know if it is bad coaching, or just nobody to coach.Question
As far as the players are involved. The Jets don't have enough football players. They have no DB. Thyey have no QB. They have 1.5 WR's. That my friends can be traced to one person. John Idzik is to blame. In tow drafts he drafted 20 players. Only one is a starter. Richardson. Most of the rest are third stringers. But the Jets have lots od money to spend left over.Shocked
Two years ago before the election. Johnson said that he wanted "Romney to win. He didn't care if the Jets won or not". He then gave 10 million dollars to a campaign. Idzik with his shrewd moves got the money back for him. He also got nothing for the Jets. Two years ago he got all hasbeens or never beens. This year he got one player. Decker. He also lost a few good players. Cromartie wanted to come back. Revis wanted to come here. Sanders wanted to come here. Idzik was too busy to meet him. He never came here. He signed with Denver.
I say keep Ryan and let Idzik go.Exclamation

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

I  was totally disgusted Empty Re: I was totally disgusted

Post by LRJets Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:29 am

Woody said he didn't care if the Jets win or lose?   Please cite said quote.
Yes, the Jets are Romney's fault.  At least it's not on Bush.
Shaking my head since your ignorance is still abound and you can't make this up.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:58 am

bowlerman422 wrote:I was totally disgusted today watching the football game from San Diego. None of the Jets appeared today. There was no offense. No defense. No coaching. As far as coaching goes. I don't know if it is bad coaching, or just nobody to coach.Question
As far as the players are involved. The Jets don't have enough football players. They have no DB. Thyey have no QB. They have 1.5 WR's. That my friends can be traced to one person. John Idzik is to blame. In tow drafts he drafted 20 players. Only one is a starter. Richardson. Most of the rest are third stringers. But the Jets have lots od money to spend left over.Shocked
Two years ago before the election. Johnson said that he wanted "Romney to win. He didn't care if the Jets won or not". He then gave 10 million dollars to a campaign. Idzik with his shrewd moves got the money back for him. He also got nothing for the Jets. Two years ago he got all hasbeens or never beens. This year he got one player. Decker. He also lost a few good players. Cromartie wanted to come back. Revis wanted to come here. Sanders wanted to come here. Idzik was too busy to meet him. He never came here. He signed with Denver.
This is an organization that just doesn't know what it takes to win football games and, of course that goes up to the top. Unfortunately, that has been the history of this franchise almost from day 1 with few exceptions. For a team that was launched into NFL fame by the performance of a great QB, the lesson seems to have been lost by all subsequent management with the exception of Parcells. There have been no decent QB's wearing a Jets uniform since Namath except for Esiason and Testaverde, unfortunately both at the very end of their careers. There is talent on this team especially on defense, therefore, when you get performances like these to start this season, there is only one person to take responsibility and that's Ryan, especially when you realize other coaches have been able to win with less, specifically, the Browns and the Bills. The Jets, I'm afraid to say, are completely lost. They sign a high profile QB in the off-season and then sit him on the bench while an unproven 2nd year QB is given the car keys. No wonder this team is a wreck. While I'm no fan of Idzik, there are GM's who have power in an organization and those that do not. I am reminded of what Charlie Casserly said when he was the GM of the Redskins, he had to know his place. In his case, it was the owner on top, then the coach (Joe Gibbs), then him. I don't think Idzik has as much power in this organization, as many Jets fans think he does.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:24 pm

LRJets wrote:Woody said he didn't care if the Jets win or lose?   Please cite said quote.
Yes, the Jets are Romney's fault.  At least it's not on Bush.
Shaking my head since your ignorance is still abound and you can't make this up.
Be careful shaking your head. We don't want anything to happen. No the Jets are not Romney's fault. That is solely on Johnson, Idzik and Ryan. When Johnson gave 10 million dollars to Romney's campaign.A reporter joking asked Johnson who he wants to win  Romney or the Jets. He said "he wants Romney to win the election and the Jets not win the Super Bowl. The Jets could always win later. Romney can't".
My old chemistry progfessor in college once said."Keep quiet and let me think that you are a fool. Open your mouth and remove all doubt"
With your 3 line reply. You removed all doubt.Sad

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 pm

wassejet wrote:
bowlerman422 wrote:I was totally disgusted today watching the football game from San Diego. None of the Jets appeared today. There was no offense. No defense. No coaching. As far as coaching goes. I don't know if it is bad coaching, or just nobody to coach.Question
This is an organization that just doesn't know what it takes to win football games and, of course that goes up to the top. Unfortunately, that has been the history of this franchise almost from day 1 with few exceptions. For a team that was launched into NFL fame by the performance of a great QB, the lesson seems to have been lost by all subsequent management with the exception of Parcells. There have been no decent QB's wearing a Jets uniform since Namath except for Esiason and Testaverde, unfortunately both at the very end of their careers. There is talent on this team especially on defense, therefore, when you get performances like these to start this season, there is only one person to take responsibility and that's Ryan, especially when you realize other coaches have been able to win with less, specifically, the Browns and the Bills. The Jets, I'm afraid to say, are completely lost. They sign a high profile QB in the off-season and then sit him on the bench while an unproven 2nd year QB is given the car keys. No wonder this team is a wreck. While I'm no fan of Idzik, there are GM's who have power in an organization and those that do not. I am reminded of what Charlie Casserly said when he was the GM of the Redskins, he had to know his place. In his case, it was the owner on top, then the coach (Joe Gibbs), then him. I don't think Idzik has as much power in this organization, as many Jets fans think he did.

I think that Idzik has all the power. Why would Ryan lie. He doesn't want to show that Idzik is in over his head. Ryan knows that he would be fired if the don't win. Why would he want to develop a QB. He knows that he won't be there if Smith turns out allright a few years from now. e would want to play Vick and win. That way he would keep his jon as HC.
In todays Daily News on line. There is a story on the Jets. People post their remarks after the article. All the post wsnte4d to get rid of Idzik. One of them posted that there were 7 GM hired two years ago. Six were personal men. One was a money man. The six that hired personal GM are doing fairly well. The one "cap man", Idzik's team can't win a game.

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:54 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:I think that Idzik has all the power. Why would Ryan lie. He doesn't want to show that Idzik is in over his head. Ryan knows that he would be fired if the don't win. Why would he want to develop a QB. He knows that he won't be there if Smith turns out allright a few years from now. e would want to play Vick and win. That way he would keep his jon as HC.
In todays Daily News on line. There is a story on the Jets. People post their remarks after the article. All the post wsnte4d to get rid of Idzik. One of them posted that there were 7 GM hired two years ago. Six were personal men. One was a money man. The six that hired personal GM are doing fairly well. The one "cap man", Idzik's team can't win a game.
Maybe he does have the power. I don't have any great inside knowledge of the Jets management nor what the thinking is. I'm just a fan, like you, who has opinions. It's always preferable to develop a young QB, with the hope hope they turn out to be a star, rather than go with a mid-30's veteran who won't be around for very much longer. I guess they figured that based on the last three games, Smith had turned the corner. Add to that some free agent signings like Johnson and Decker and they figured they would have an offense that would be effective enough to get into the playoffs. My problem is that, I never saw Smith as a proven starter for this year. The Jets have a playoff caliber defense, so why jeopardize the season by starting an unproven commodity, especially, when you made a big play to sign a proven star veteran who still has some gas left in the tank? It wouldn't kill Smith to sit on the bench a seaon or two. While there is no guarantee the Jets would make the playoffs with Vick, there is no doubt they had a better chance with him than with Smith. Now it's too late. They've gone too far with Smith, so they may as well play him the rest of the year. As for Vick, the sooner they get rid of him as a backup, the better. It's clear he sucks as a backup and doesn't want to be one. I'd rather see Matt Simms.  

Unfortunately for Jets fans, we're looking at yet another wasted season. If Johnson has any brains, he'll wipe the slate clean next year. But I don't have much hope that he has. As I write this, I am reading the Seahawks traded Percy Harvin to the Jets for an undisclosed draft pick. The move has "desperation" written all over it. Santonio Holmes II.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down