Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My favorite assclown...

Go down

My favorite assclown... Empty My favorite assclown...

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:04 am

Senator Al Franken to Vikings: Bench Adrian Peterson
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 16, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP

One of Minnesota’s U.S. Senators has joined the state’s governor in urging the Vikings to deactivate [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Shortly after Governor Mark Dayton said the Vikings should not play Peterson while he is under indictment for injuring his son, Senator Al Franken released a statement saying the same.
“It was absolutely heartbreaking to hear about what happened to this child,” Franken said in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “I’m a diehard Vikings fan, and watching the games on Sundays has been one of my favorite things to do since I was a kid. But this is just wrong, and I think the Vikings made the wrong decision here. This is in the hands of law enforcement now, and it must go through the judicial process, but I don’t believe Adrian Peterson should be allowed to play until that happens. A lot of kids look up to these players, and it’s not OK for the Vikings to send the signal that what happened is acceptable. This is bigger than a football game.”
The Vikings initially sat Peterson out of Sunday’s game when he was indicted, but they said on Monday that they would put Peterson back on the field this week. Since then they have lost a corporate sponsor over the Peterson case and been the subject of criticism from a governor and a senator.
So far, the Vikings aren’t backing off their support of Peterson. But at this point last week, the Panthers were supporting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], their defensive end who is accused of a domestic violence incident. By Sunday, the Panthers had decided that they simply couldn’t play Hardy. Don’t be surprised if the Vikings come to the same conclusion in the next five days.

Could there ever be a bigger couple of jabroni slapdicks than Dayton and Franken?  Here--promoting the idea that you are guilty until proven innocent.  Wait until a Texas jury finds Adrian innocent of anything approaching felony reckless endangerment of a child--they'll be patting themselves on the back for maintaining an open mind as to his guilt...  I don't condone what Adrian did in the least and what he reportedly admitted to is inconsistent with my values...but that doesn't make destroying Adrian Peterson the right thing to do for something that region of the country still routinely does...  They'll never be able to seat a jury to carry this charge in a millon years...  Not in Texas.

DA to prospective juror in jury selection:

As a parent or a child have you ever disciplined or been disciplined physically?   

Answer:  Yes.

DA response.  Thank you.  You are excused and may go home.  Next!

Or, how 'bout this.  It isn't without precedent that a judge would overrule the prosecutions objection of putting the child himself on the stand...

Defense Attorney:

Son, do you know why you're here?

Adrian's son:

Yes--they're tryin' to say my Dad tried to hurt me for no reason.

Attorney:

Do you feel like your Dad tried to hurt you for no reason?

Son:

No--I knew I'd get in trouble if I got caught feedin' the cat green chili's and making it blast Meow Mix diarrhea foam all over my dad's pillow.  I should have waited until my brother got home and blamed it on him, eh guess...

Defense Attorney:

No further questions, your honor.     Laughing

Texas law defines child abuse as "an act or omission that endangers or impairs a child's physical, mental or emotional health and development," according to Texas' Family Code.
But the state makes an exception for "reasonable discipline" by the child's parent or guardian.
"Corporal punishment is not in itself abusive under the law," according to a statement from the office of Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.
Physical discipline, like a spanking, would only become abusive if "observable and material impairment occurs as a result," according to the statement.
Parents in every state can legally hit their child as long as the force is "reasonable."
Coporal punishment is also allowed in schools in 19 states, including Texas, according to the Center for Effective Discipline.

Back to top Go down

My favorite assclown... Empty Re: My favorite assclown...

Post by throttleplate Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:37 pm

maybe the little boy is smart and is looking at the bigger picture and file a civil suit and get millions of dollars to share with his mom.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down