Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Babin, New York Jets strike two-year contract

2 posters

Go down

Jason Babin, New York Jets strike two-year contract Empty Jason Babin, New York Jets strike two-year contract

Post by Phil2010 Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:53 pm

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are adding another pass rusher.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NFL Media's Kimberly Jones reported Wednesday morning that defensive end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] agreed to terms with Gang Green, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. The contract is for two years, with the second year being a team option.
The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], cut Babin. The 34-year-old was coming off a productive, 7.5-sack season with 19 quarterback pressures in 2013 but didn't fit with the youth movement in Jacksonville.
Babin can still rush the passer as a situational player. Given [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s affinity for getting after the quarterback from multiple levels, Babin is an intriguing addition.

Phil2010

Back to top Go down

Jason Babin, New York Jets strike two-year contract Empty Re: Jason Babin, New York Jets strike two-year contract

Post by wassejet Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:04 am

Phil2010 wrote:The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are adding another pass rusher.
NFL Media's Kimberly Jones reported Wednesday morning that defensive end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] agreed to terms with Gang Green, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. The contract is for two years, with the second year being a team option.
The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], cut Babin. The 34-year-old was coming off a productive, 7.5-sack season with 19 quarterback pressures in 2013 but didn't fit with the youth movement in Jacksonville.
Babin can still rush the passer as a situational player. Given [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s affinity for getting after the quarterback from multiple levels, Babin is an intriguing addition.

Hope it's not another "Jason Taylor" signing.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Jason Babin, New York Jets strike two-year contract Empty Re: Jason Babin, New York Jets strike two-year contract

Post by Phil2010 Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:16 am

wassejet wrote:
Phil2010 wrote:The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are adding another pass rusher.

Hope it's not another "Jason Taylor" signing.

Didn't Jason have his moments with the Jets,I think he was also brought in to help push Coples which from what I have been reading seems to be the case at least in practice.

Phil2010

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Phil2010 wrote:

Didn't Jason have his moments with the Jets,I think he was also brought in to help push Coples which from what I have been reading seems to be the case at least in practice.
I don't see how that was possible. Taylor played 1 season for the Jets in 2010. Coples drafted in 2012. In that one season Taylor recorded 5 sacks, not that great for a guy who averaged almost 11/yr. The most memorable Taylor play I remember that year was a safety he got, but I forgot who it was against. Bottom line: Taylor was washed up when he was here. Hope Babin shows more than that. The Jets drafted two guys who have potential to be good PR's plus they have Garrett MacIntire who showed some ability to get after the passer last year. In any case, I'm excited to see this defense in action this year.   

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 am

wassejet wrote:
Phil2010 wrote:

Ah, the "he" in this case, you are referring to is Babin, not Taylor. Sorry, my bad. In any case, I wasn't aware that he was brought in to push anyone (except an opponent of course.) 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down