Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badfinger (no, not Favre's)

2 posters

Go down

Badfinger (no, not Favre's) Empty Badfinger (no, not Favre's)

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 am

Back a year or so ago when we were posting all of the youtubes of our favorite classic music..........I think this one may have fell through the crack.   The Breaking Bad movie has resurrected Badfinger's Baby Blue.   Sad story........2 committed suicide.........one has died of natural causes.........only Joey is left and he is out jammin' in the club scene.   Will be in the Twin Cities on the 4th of July at The Taste HD (http://www.badfingersite.com/).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GO BADFINGER !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Badfinger (no, not Favre's) Empty Re: Badfinger (no, not Favre's)

Post by duck Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Back a year or so ago when we were posting all of the youtubes of our favorite classic music..........I think this one may have fell through the crack.   The Breaking Bad movie has resurrected Badfinger's Baby Blue.   Sad story........2 committed suicide.........one has died of natural causes.........only Joey is left and he is out jammin' in the club scene.   Will be in the Twin Cities on the 4th of July at The Taste HD (http://www.badfingersite.com/).

GO BADFINGER !!

Breaking Bad renewed my appreciation of this classic. Thanks for sharing it agian, Ringo.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:53 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Back a year or so ago when we were posting all of the youtubes of our favorite classic music..........I think this one may have fell through the crack.   The Breaking Bad movie has resurrected Badfinger's Baby Blue.   Sad story........2 committed suicide.........one has died of natural causes.........only Joey is left and he is out jammin' in the club scene.   Will be in the Twin Cities on the 4th of July at The Taste HD (http://www.badfingersite.com/).

GO BADFINGER !!
 Yeah--great tune.  Pete Ham (singer in the video) wrote Baby Blue about his life's love he took for granted, Dixie Armstrong--and most of Badfinger's classics.  He, and the other front man of the band in the white suit playing the bass/singing next to him both blew themselves away.  Their record company (like for many in that era) absolutely brazenly fucked them over...and they both apparently cited that, among other things, in their suicide letters.

I appreciate the heads up on their appearance at the Taste...but I always stay on the boat the 4th week--and without the front men who created/sang the tunes--they're basically just a glorified cover band for me at this point anyway...   Wink 

Here's another absolute classic from that day...  You just don't see shit with the *real* factor produced like this anymore. It's funny how the new emerging generation are all into classic rock from the 70's/80's now...and who can blame them.  The pigs in the industry of today are finally being slaughtered with all that overproduced mindless crap...

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:00 pm

_HD_ wrote:

GO BADFINGER !!
 Yeah--great tune.  Pete Ham (singer in the video) wrote Baby Blue about his life's love he took for granted, Dixie Armstrong--and most of Badfinger's classics.  He, and the other front man of the band in the white suit playing the bass/singing next to him both blew themselves away.  Their record company (like for many in that era) absolutely brazenly fucked them over...and they both apparently cited that, among other things, in their suicide letters.

I appreciate the heads up on their appearance at the Taste...but I always stay on the boat the 4th week--and without the front men who created/sang the tunes--they're basically just a glorified cover band for me at this point anyway...   Wink

Here's another absolute classic from that day...  You just don't see shit with the *real* factor produced like this anymore. It's funny how the new emerging generation are all into classic rock from the 70's/80's now...and who can blame them.  The pigs in the industry of today are finally being slaughtered with all that overproduced mindless crap...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DTv0K2SUlCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

Lately I've been telling the youngsters that I am from the 1970s-era (which is true)..........when music was music.........the days of Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Lou Reed, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Supertramp, the Doobies, Humble Pie, Allman Bros, Jackson Browne.........Atlanta Rhythm Section, Marshall Tucker Band, etc. etc, the anti-war era, the Feminist era, the Civil Rights era, IMAGINE (John Lennon), Peace, Love and Rock n Roll..........not to mention the Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain and Henry Aaron's 715th HR and the Milwaukee Bucks' NBA championship.    I ask what is your generation doing to try to change the world?........the best answer I am getting so far is "we're just takin' a break".    Who started this shit?   Can we blame it on Clinton or Bush Sr, or both?  LOL LOL
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

GO BADFINGER !!

Lately I've been telling the youngsters that I am from the 1970s-era (which is true)..........when music was music.........the days of Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Lou Reed, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Supertramp, the Doobies, Humble Pie, Allman Bros, Jackson Browne.........Atlanta Rhythm Section, Marshall Tucker Band, etc. etc, the anti-war era, the Feminist era, the Civil Rights era, IMAGINE (John Lennon), Peace, Love and Rock n Roll..........not to mention the Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain and Henry Aaron's 715th HR and the Milwaukee Bucks' NBA championship.    I ask what is your generation doing to try to change the world?........the best answer I am getting so far is "we're just takin' a break".    Who started this shit?   Can we blame it on Clinton or Bush Sr, or both?  LOL LOL

Mostly just a bunch of useless parents who don't hold their children accountable...  Economists cite the ever-shrinking financial middle-class...but Sociologists will point out that perhaps an even more alarming trend is taking place that is also gutting the middle class of it's family values.  Maybe it is related.  You die on XBox--and all you have to do is hit the re-set...and thus a further generational chasm develops between the have's and the have not's...  It takes hard work and sacrifice and fortitude and risk-taking to be successful.  No shit?  Gee--let's just hit the re-set and start over...   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum