Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yum yum, Ralph...

2 posters

Go down

yum yum, Ralph... Empty yum yum, Ralph...

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 pm

It's amazing, really...  I've been amused for years over it...  The typical american consumer is such a fucking load.  This shit is the cheapest of the cheap weasel piss swill.  Only the poorest of the poor mexicans will touch it and in mexico the bottle cases packaging it are literally little more than maybe double shopping bag thickness--yet practically every chick I know loves the stuff...and it's far from cheap in the US.  They're not selling them beer--they're selling them their dream.  I've never seen a guy drinking the shit.  Clear bottles that make it go skunky right away...  Yuck.  Dos Equis is another one that is just horrible--but, due to marketing, the US market chokes it down...  Laughing 

I remember years ago on spring break in south padre walking across the border and a couple of little mexicans carried a couple of cases back to the border for me for some friends who wanted some back when it was very hard to find in the US.  It was like $5/case.  Here--it's about 1$/bottle. Most of those mexican beers are just horrible.  Tecate is about the only one that's drinkable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

yum yum, Ralph... Empty Re: yum yum, Ralph...

Post by duck Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 pm

I agree 110%. It's piss water.

Heck, even your buddies on Beer Advocate agree with us!  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:05 pm

P.S. Tecate sucks too.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 am

duck wrote:P.S.  Tecate sucks too.

Let me guess--because that's the next one you've clicked on in Beer Advocate and that says so, right?   Laughing  Like I've told you before--I don't enjoy beer through other people's taste buds--so why would I put a whole lot of credence into other people's rankings?  Most people are idiots anyway and think Bud Light is the catz ass...

Have you actually ever had the beer, Duck?  It's much better than Corona and the typical Mexicani swill.  Much fuller/robust.  That and Negra Modelo are the best of a weak crop of beers south of the border...but hey--those who are no fools drink the beer in Germany, vodka in Russia, tequila in Mexico and wine in France/Italy.  Here's a good one for you...  Several years ago, (while in our 20's) my ex-wife/I were dining one evening in a beautiful outdoor piazza garden restaurant right on the canal in Venice...  She asked if she could make the wine selection that night.  Pouring over the menu as the waiter stood ready and not being able to read/speak or understand a stitch of Italian--she became flustered and just defaulted to what she was familiar with--*a bottle of your best white zin, please* she looked up and said with a smile.  LOL.  The waiter just glared at her incredulously--and turned, never to return...  Not wanting to embarrass her, I waited until he left and pointed out to her that the white zinfandel grape is a hybrid grown in California that would be the grape equivalent to maybe a Ford Pinto and we had our asses parked in seats that maybe cost a couple C notes just to sit down--not far from the finest grape plantations anywhere in the world.  There probably wasn't a bottle of white zin within a thousand miles of where we were--literally and figuratively...  We got a good laugh out of that as we ripped into a bottle of the good stuff that a back-up waiter was kind enough to labor through helping her select...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 am

_HD_ wrote:

Let me guess--because that's the next one you've clicked on in Beer Advocate and that says so, right?   Laughing  Like I've told you before--I don't enjoy beer through other people's taste buds--so why would I put a whole lot of credence into other people's rankings?  Most people are idiots anyway and think Bud Light is the catz ass...

Have you actually ever had the beer, Duck?  It's much better than Corona and the typical Mexicani swill.  Much fuller/robust.  That and Negra Modelo are the best of a weak crop of beers south of the border...but hey--those who are no fools drink the beer in Germany, vodka in Russia, tequila in Mexico and wine in France/Italy.  Here's a good one for you...  Several years ago, (while in our 20's) my ex-wife/I were dining one evening in a beautiful outdoor piazza garden restaurant right on the canal in Venice...  She asked if she could make the wine selection that night.  Pouring over the menu as the waiter stood ready and not being able to read/speak or understand a stitch of Italian--she became flustered and just defaulted to what she was familiar with--*a bottle of your best white zin, please* she looked up and said with a smile.  LOL.  The waiter just glared at her incredulously--and turned, never to return...  Not wanting to embarrass her, I waited until he left and pointed out to her that the white zinfandel grape is a hybrid grown in California that would be the grape equivalent to maybe a Ford Pinto and we had our asses parked in seats that maybe cost a couple C notes just to sit down--not far from the finest grape plantations anywhere in the world.  There probably wasn't a bottle of white zin within a thousand miles of where we were--literally and figuratively...  We got a good laugh out of that as we ripped into a bottle of the good stuff that a back-up waiter was kind enough to labor through helping her select...   Laughing

Just for the record, yes, i've tried Corona, Tecate and Negra Modelo. I agree with your assessments on all of them. While in Costa Rica I also drank Imperial. All of them are piss poor by the standards currently being set by American micro-brews but if you squeeze enough limes into them, these Central American pilsners will at least get the job done (even at a slow rate of less than 5.0 ABV).

Beer Advocate is merely a reference point for me, much like Mel Kiper's draft pick evaluations, but I have to say, it's generally an excellent barometer. Seldom have I ever tried a brew that was rated excellent that I found lacking or, conversely, a beer that was panned that I thought was great. The middle tier ratings are where it gets dicey. Often I've really enjoyed beers that got so-so ratings.

So you got married in your twenties and it didn't work out? Well, I tip my hat to you for trying.  Very Happy  God knows I would have been a disaster as a husband/father at that age. My wife might argue I wasn't much better in my forties.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Just for the record, yes, i've tried Corona, Tecate and Negra Modelo.  I agree with your assessments on all of them.  While in Costa Rica I also drank Imperial.  All of them are piss poor by the standards currently being set by American micro-brews but if you squeeze enough limes into them, these Central American pilsners will at least get the job done (even at a slow rate of less than 5.0 ABV).

Beer Advocate is merely a reference point for me, much like Mel Kiper's draft pick evaluations, but I have to say, it's generally an excellent barometer.  Seldom have I ever tried a brew that was rated excellent that I found lacking or, conversely, a beer that was panned that I thought was great.  The middle tier ratings are where it gets dicey.  Often I've really enjoyed beers that got so-so ratings.

So you got married in your twenties and it didn't work out?  Well, I tip my hat to you for trying.  Very Happy  God knows I would have been a disaster as a husband/father at that age.  My wife might argue I wasn't much better in my forties.   Very Happy 

Most people wouldn't know what a good beer is if it reached up and did a rubber-band stretch down to the ground with their nut-sack...

Corona makes no pretense whatsoever about what they are selling and who they are selling it to.  They are selling a product that was conceived, produced and packaged for the domestic underclass in mexico with cost of production the only priority.  Make everything about it as cheap as humanly possible--because if you're a mexican migrant farm worker--COST is all you give a shit about when you pick your poison.  They don't even bother to carry the cost of the incremental $.000416/bottle that it would take to order smoked glass bottles so it doesn't immediately become skunky.  Yet--a very adroit marketing executive took the most rapidly-growing consumer segment (women) in the largest beer import market in the world--a segment with generally very little in the way of an evolved beer palate who wouldn't know if this is a good beer or skunk piss--and sells them, not beer--but a gender empowerment/control fantasy with sexual undertones...  It's an association play--pure and simple.  Beyond that--price it as premium...and, equipped with no other means of assessment--they'll think it must be good by little more than it's price...even though it may be the worst mass-produced beer ever made and is priced as such in Mexico...  

Based on pure marketing, it's most impressive how they've built this brand for the export market into chicken salad--when it is and was never really ever intended to be anything but chicken shit.  A pure con job. 

Watch these and tell me what's goin' down...  Hint:  It has nothing to do with beer...   Wink     

This is the only one keepin' it real...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Just for the record, yes, i've tried Corona, Tecate and Negra Modelo.  I agree with your assessments on all of them.  While in Costa Rica I also drank Imperial.  All of them are piss poor by the standards currently being set by American micro-brews but if you squeeze enough limes into them, these Central American pilsners will at least get the job done (even at a slow rate of less than 5.0 ABV).

Beer Advocate is merely a reference point for me, much like Mel Kiper's draft pick evaluations, but I have to say, it's generally an excellent barometer.  Seldom have I ever tried a brew that was rated excellent that I found lacking or, conversely, a beer that was panned that I thought was great.  The middle tier ratings are where it gets dicey.  Often I've really enjoyed beers that got so-so ratings.

So you got married in your twenties and it didn't work out?  Well, I tip my hat to you for trying.  Very Happy  God knows I would have been a disaster as a husband/father at that age.  My wife might argue I wasn't much better in my forties.   Very Happy 

Most people wouldn't know what a good beer is if it reached up and did a rubber-band stretch down to the ground with their nut-sack...

Corona makes no pretense whatsoever about what they are selling and who they are selling it to.  They are selling a product that was conceived, produced and packaged for the domestic underclass in mexico with cost of production the only priority.  Make everything about it as cheap as humanly possible--because if you're a mexican migrant farm worker--COST is all you give a shit about when you pick your poison.  They don't even bother to carry the cost of the incremental $.000416/bottle that it would take to order smoked glass bottles so it doesn't immediately become skunky.  Yet--a very adroit marketing executive took the most rapidly-growing consumer segment (women) in the largest beer import market in the world--a segment with generally very little in the way of an evolved beer palate who wouldn't know if this is a good beer or skunk piss--and sells them, not beer--but a gender empowerment/control fantasy with sexual undertones...  It's an association play--pure and simple.  Beyond that--price it as premium...and, equipped with no other means of assessment--they'll think it must be good by little more than it's price...even though it may be the worst mass-produced beer ever made and is priced as such in Mexico...  

Based on pure marketing, it's most impressive how they've built this brand for the export market into chicken salad--when it is and was never really ever intended to be anything but chicken shit.  A pure con job. 

Watch these and tell me what's goin' down...  Hint:  It has nothing to do with beer...   Wink     

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/By6_zcYmPw0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yQxTNjQe0Xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8UqZzZWZd-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the only one keepin' it real...   Laughing 

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/63S5026Umpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice wrap up there, HD.

I have to admit my admiration for their brilliant marketing dwarfs my disdain for their shitty product. You're not going to see an ad campaign like that from Milwaukee's Best!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Hey you .................. is there anybody out there?   I shall EFFEN chime in if I may.

Coincidentally I was in both Santa Barbara and LA this past week with multiple opportunities to drink whatever the hell I wanted to drink.    Besides Firestone Double Jack IPA and Murphy's Stout...............I was able to lighten things up a couple of evenings with both Negra Modelo and Victoria.    Both Negra Modelo and Victoria are drinkable Mexican beers as is Bohemia..........Negra Modelo with Mexican food.......Victoria or Bohemia with shots of chilled tequila in the evening.  Regular amber colored Modelo is terrible (worse than Corona).  Uno mas cervesa por favor Chica !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:32 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Hey you .................. is there anybody out there?   I shall EFFEN chime in if I may.

Coincidentally I was in both Santa Barbara and LA this past week with multiple opportunities to drink whatever the hell I wanted to drink.    Besides Firestone Double Jack IPA and Murphy's Stout...............I was able to lighten things up a couple of evenings with both Negra Modelo and Victoria.    Both Negra Modelo and Victoria are drinkable Mexican beers as is Bohemia..........Negra Modelo with Mexican food.......Victoria or Bohemia with shots of chilled tequila in the evening.  Regular amber colored Modelo is terrible (worse than Corona).  Uno mas cervesa por favor Chica !!

What the fuck, do you suppose, could possibly be wrong with you, Duck?  You start a thread about alcohol and it's consumption and you overlook inviting Ringo's largess of input?  That's like starting a thread on desperate lesbian love and leaving Rosie O'Donnell off the panel.  Pull your fuck together, would you?   Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:09 pm

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Hey you .................. is there anybody out there?   I shall EFFEN chime in if I may.

What the fuck, do you suppose, could possibly be wrong with you, Duck?  You start a thread about alcohol and it's consumption and you overlook inviting Ringo's largess of input?  That's like starting a thread on desperate lesbian love and leaving Rosie O'Donnell off the panel.  Pull your fuck together, would you?   Rolling Eyes

Uh, I agree 100% that Ringo should be included on any discussion about alcohol... but YOU started the thread!  Too many Coronas?   Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:48 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Uh, I agree 100% that Ringo should be included on any discussion about alcohol... but YOU started the thread!  Too many Coronas?   Very Happy

Goodness me!  ...and like, heavens to fuckin' Betsy--you're right...  Simple oversight.  Carry on...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:28 am

Thank you for your kind consideration !!  And Happy Easter by the way...........and yes, I did go to church this morning.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down