Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WORSE THAN REVIS GOING TO NE?

3 posters

Go down

WORSE THAN REVIS GOING TO NE? Empty WORSE THAN REVIS GOING TO NE?

Post by LRJets Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Recently released corner, Antonio Cromartie is in Arizona being hosted today by the Cardinals.
Could you imagine for a second if Cro signs with them?
This would convince me that Namath did make a deal with the devil for SBIII.

Dee Milliner, with 3 decent games under his belt would be in the #1 chair of Jets cornerbacks.
This move, Jets fault or not, may be the mother of bonehead moves.  The teams were allowed to talk to players on Saturday.  Cro was released on Sunday.
In regular math, 2+2=4
Jets math 2+2=3.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

WORSE THAN REVIS GOING TO NE? Empty Re: WORSE THAN REVIS GOING TO NE?

Post by wassejet Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 pm

LRJets wrote:

....Dee Milliner, with 3 decent games under his belt would be in the #1 chair of Jets cornerbacks.
This move, Jets fault or not, may be the mother of bonehead moves.  The teams were allowed to talk to players on Saturday.  Cro was released on Sunday.
In regular math, 2+2=4
Jets math 2+2=3.
At least they were the last 3 games, so there's some hope there. I liked Cro. He was no Revis, but he played decent CB for the Jets.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by rdariusxxxx Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

....Dee Milliner, with 3 decent games under his belt would be in the #1 chair of Jets cornerbacks.
In regular math, 2+2=4
Jets math 2+2=3.
At least they were the last 3 games, so there's some hope there. I liked Cro. He was no Revis, but he played decent CB for the Jets.

I was kinda hoping to get Cro back, but it's not looking good. I really can't fathom what their plan is for CB. So far they have addressed the receiver/TE issue, though more needs to be done. And I'm pretty sure we'll get Vick, which I'm ok with, though I never thought real highly of him as a QB. But CB seems to be an enigma right now.
rdariusxxxx
rdariusxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:31 am

No argument here for any reply above.  This CB ordeal speaks to one question.  With over $40 million under the cap, (not counting the release of Sanchez,)Why would Idzik wait?
I was hoping for Verner-nope
I'd take Cro at a discount-didn't happen yet

Could the Jets afford  a rookie CB and Milliner to be the starters?  What's that about 10 games between them of NFL experience on opening day?

Here is the irony:  Idzik (so far) is slow on the trigger, yet this is a make-or-break year for Rex who has no say in acquiring  free agents yet can be fired by the guy who appears to be slow.  

Calculating and over-paying is one thing, but which quality corners are left?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:14 am

LRJets wrote:

....Calculating and over-paying is one thing, but which quality corners are left?
As I've posted a few times, I think CB is a position that is overrated in importance. It helps to have a shut down type but if you have a good pass rush, you really don't need one. When you get good pressure on the QB, you turn average CB's into good ones, good ones into very good ones and so on. Now that the Jets have Decker signed, if an OLB such as Khalil Mack (not likely) or Anthony Barr (possible) or Ryan Shazier (very likely) or maybe even DE Clowney (not likley, but he is losing some stock because of workout stuff) falls to them in the draft, that wouldn't be a bad way to go. They can still get a quality WR in the second round.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down