Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers awards three compensatory draft picks

Go down

Steelers awards three compensatory draft picks Empty Steelers awards three compensatory draft picks

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 pm

March 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers today picked up three extra picks in next month's NFL draft, all in the seventh round.

Labeled "compensatory" draft picks because they account for net losses in free agency, the Steelers added pick Nos. 240, 246 and 248 to the regular seven they had -- one in each round -- to give them 10.

The Steelers signed no unrestricted free agents last year and lost tight end Matt Spaeth and defensive end Nick Eason as UFAs.

One stipulation on compensatory picks is teams are not permitted to trade them.

Back to top Go down

Steelers awards three compensatory draft picks Empty Re: Steelers awards three compensatory draft picks

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Interesting. I didn't know they couldn't trade those picks.

Back to top Go down

Steelers awards three compensatory draft picks Empty Re: Steelers awards three compensatory draft picks

Post by RLON39 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't think the Steelers will keep all 10 picks. I could see them part with two picks, to move up/and or procure a mid tier FA in a trade.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down