Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas keeps on coming

3 posters

Go down

Christmas keeps on coming Empty Christmas keeps on coming

Post by KBen Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 2, 2014, 10:42 AM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is locked in as the Bears’ franchise quarterback.
The Bears announced today that Cutler, whose previous contract expired at the end of this season, will not be testing free agency. Instead, Cutler has signed a seven-year contract, keeping him in place with the Bears through the 2020 season.
There’s a very good chance that the 30-year-old Cutler will remain with the Bears for the rest of his career.
Although there was some talk that Cutler could end up leaving in free agency, he and new coach Marc Trestman appeared to mesh this season, and Trestman never wavered on his belief that Cutler is the right man to run his offense, even as backup [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] put up better statistics when he filled in after Cutler got hurt.
In announcing the new contract, Bears General Manager Phil Emery called Cutler “a demonstrated winner” and said 2013 was his best season because of his “leadership, his improvement, his display of toughness.”
Now the Bears are counting on Cutler to remain the leader of their team for years to come.

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Christmas keeps on coming Empty Re: Christmas keeps on coming

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 am

KBen wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is locked in as the Bears’ franchise quarterback.
The Bears announced today that Cutler, whose previous contract expired at the end of this season, will not be testing free agency. Instead, Cutler has signed a seven-year contract, keeping him in place with the Bears through the 2020 season.
There’s a very good chance that the 30-year-old Cutler will remain with the Bears for the rest of his career.
Although there was some talk that Cutler could end up leaving in free agency, he and new coach Marc Trestman appeared to mesh this season, and Trestman never wavered on his belief that Cutler is the right man to run his offense, even as backup [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] put up better statistics when he filled in after Cutler got hurt.
In announcing the new contract, Bears General Manager Phil Emery called Cutler “a demonstrated winner” and said 2013 was his best season because of his “leadership, his improvement, his display of toughness.”
Now the Bears are counting on Cutler to remain the leader of their team for years to come.

Most excellent!  Thanks Ben...  Good news indeed.  We can now continue to put a checkmark by the Bears.  Now--it's just up to the Zygmunch and WC Ford III to do their part with their usual rabbit punch to the nuts of their teams and the Pack walks the cake home from the bakery yet again...   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Most excellent!  Thanks Ben...  Good news indeed.  We can now continue to put a checkmark by the Bears.  Now--it's just up to the Zygmunch and WC Ford III to do their part with their usual rabbit punch to the nuts of their teams and the Pack walks the cake home from the bakery yet again...   Cool

Yup. On the other hand I'm glad the Bucs are no longer in our division. Lovie Smith with Jeff Tedford (Aaron's old HC at Cal) as his OC? 

That is a genuine upgrade for them.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ffaralli Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Lovie got a raw deal in Chi town.

10-6 and you get canned?

I guarantee you, if Lovie was their coach, that ball that Boykin picked up and scored on would have been returned for a TD by the Bears.

And, I guarantee you, Pack does not score with 38 seconds on that long pass.....that would never happen with Lovie.

Of course, with Lovie, Bears would have scored maybe 10 points....LOL.

Don't worry about the Bucs. I don't care if Our Lord was their OC, with no QB , they got no shot.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:41 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Yup. On the other hand I'm glad the Bucs are no longer in our division. Lovie Smith with Jeff Tedford (Aaron's old HC at Cal) as his OC? 

That is a genuine upgrade for them.

It is--but Schiano probably got the shaft there and could have turned out to be a very successful coach there...  The dude is old school and he was going about it long-term is trying to affect a wholesale culture change there...and that takes time to clear the Clit Hunt's working against you--out of the program. 

The world has become so based on immediate gratification with a narrow, short-term perspective.  Everything is disposable to people who hold no deeper values.  Schiano's mistake was that he was attempting something that management there lacked the vision to understand--and therefore support him with, and it's the very thing you need to build a heritage of anything good--and not merely a random fart on the wind...

I'd take a hard look at him if I ran a team with an opening right now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:49 pm

ffaralli wrote:Lovie got a raw deal in Chi town.

10-6 and you get canned?

I guarantee you, if Lovie was their coach, that ball that Boykin picked up and scored on would have been returned for a TD by the Bears.

And, I guarantee you, Pack does not score with 38 seconds on that long pass.....that would never happen with Lovie.

Of course, with Lovie, Bears would have scored maybe 10 points....LOL.

Don't worry about the Bucs. I don't care if Our Lord was their OC, with no QB , they got no shot.

FF

I wouldn't select Lovie as a Head Coach under any circumstances.  He's suited as a DC.  He's demonstrated that he peaks below the necessary level to be a champion.  If being a champion therefore is your goal--you pass on someone like Lovie who can only deliver you a wink and slap on the ass...   Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ffaralli Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:37 pm

HD, if Lovie had AR, he wins a SuperBowl.

Where would McMumbles be without AR?

I think the last two months was our look into the  crystal ball!!

I'll say this, the things that MM has been lacking  here, strong defense and special teams, Lovie had.

Granted, he came up a little short on offense. But would that be different if he had AR?

Or would AR not have developed into who he is under Lovie, that's a possibility.

As for Schiano, he was another horse's ass. Much in the mold of Schwartz.

No one that I ever ran into around here thought much of him during his time at Rutgers...personally and professionally.

Just sayin'.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:23 pm

ffaralli wrote:HD, if Lovie had AR, he wins a SuperBowl.

Where would McMumbles be without AR?

I think the last two months was our look into the  crystal ball!!

Exactly.  I would put both on roughly the same level--*B players who require the sun, moon and stars to align to have the slightest shot at outfucking the sticks installed in their asses...*

I'll say this, the things that MM has been lacking  here, strong defense and special teams, Lovie had.

Granted, he came up a little short on offense. But would that be different if he had AR?

A little short?  Differ is what I beg...   Wink 

Or would AR not have developed into who he is under Lovie, that's a possibility.

As for Schiano, he was another horse's ass. Much in the mold of Schwartz.

Horses ass--yes...  Schwartz--no, my friend...  Two different disorders there.  Remember--practically everyone on those team's hated Lombardi's ass with a passion...and Schwartz, while also a horses ass, differs in that he is merely a little man trying hard to pretend himself into something more...

No one that I ever ran into around here thought much of him during his time at Rutgers...personally and professionally.

Just sayin'.

FF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down