Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We didn't deserve to get into the playoffs anyway...

5 posters

Go down

We didn't deserve to get into the playoffs anyway... Empty We didn't deserve to get into the playoffs anyway...

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Another tough season and maybe some more to come.  I expect most of the older players on defense to be cut as we get ready for another season ahead of us.  This will mean more uncertainty entering the 2014 season. 

One thing I believe is certain is that we now have a awesome running back in Le'Veon Bell and a really great #1 receiver in Antonio Brown. 

Enjoy the offseason friends.  I wish you all well.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

We didn't deserve to get into the playoffs anyway... Empty Re: We didn't deserve to get into the playoffs anyway...

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 am

You enjoy the off season as well and your newly finished room!! 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

We didn't deserve to get into the playoffs anyway... Empty Re: We didn't deserve to get into the playoffs anyway...

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:Another tough season and maybe some more to come.  I expect most of the older players on defense to be cut as we get ready for another season ahead of us.  This will mean more uncertainty entering the 2014 season. 

One thing I believe is certain is that we now have a awesome running back in Le'Veon Bell and a really great #1 receiver in Antonio Brown. 

Bell reminds me of a young Jerome Bettis, now you just have to build a line to put in front of him, he was a good pick, I said that the day you went out and got him, I didnt think the Ohio boy would be there after the 1st round, I really thought he would be snatched up someplace between picks 25-32 in the 1st or very early in the 2nd, but you have a good one, he isnt going to break those 60+ yard runs but he is going to give you 4+ yards per carry and that short yardage bust through the line that workhorses give you and he can catch the ball and that makes him a threat outside on those quick swing and screen passes.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:24 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:You enjoy the off season as well and your newly finished room!! 

Ty Sheila.   Smile

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:26 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:Another tough season and maybe some more to come.  I expect most of the older players on defense to be cut as we get ready for another season ahead of us.  This will mean more uncertainty entering the 2014 season. 

Bell reminds me of a young Jerome Bettis, now you just have to build a line to put in front of him, he was a good pick, I said that the day you went out and got him, I didnt think the Ohio boy would be there after the 1st round, I really thought he would be snatched up someplace between picks 25-32 in the 1st or very early in the 2nd, but you have a good one, he isnt going to break those 60+ yard runs but he is going to give you 4+ yards per carry and that short yardage bust through the line that workhorses give you and he can catch the ball and that makes him a threat outside on those quick swing and screen passes.

Hey, we love taking the Ohio boy's and putting them on our team.  They play really well.  Smile

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:43 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:Bell reminds me of a young Jerome Bettis, now you just have to build a line to put in front of him, he was a good pick, I said that the day you went out and got him, I didnt think the Ohio boy would be there after the 1st round, I really thought he would be snatched up someplace between picks 25-32 in the 1st or very early in the 2nd, but you have a good one, he isnt going to break those 60+ yard runs but he is going to give you 4+ yards per carry and that short yardage bust through the line that workhorses give you and he can catch the ball and that makes him a threat outside on those quick swing and screen passes.

LOL! How does Le'Veon Bell remind you of a young Jerome Bettis? Bell weighs a lot less than Bettis, their running style is different and Bettis was a worthless receiver out of the backfield. You know less about football than I thought you did. Comparing Bell to a young Bettis is stupid, almost retarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:37 pm

I dunno.... after watching games this weekend..... Steelers could have caused some serious problems in the playoffs. I feel they would have beaten either Sd or Cincy. And given a helluva game to KC or Indy. Still not on same level as Denver or NE
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Steely wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:Bell reminds me of a young Jerome Bettis, now you just have to build a line to put in front of him, he was a good pick, I said that the day you went out and got him, I didnt think the Ohio boy would be there after the 1st round, I really thought he would be snatched up someplace between picks 25-32 in the 1st or very early in the 2nd, but you have a good one, he isnt going to break those 60+ yard runs but he is going to give you 4+ yards per carry and that short yardage bust through the line that workhorses give you and he can catch the ball and that makes him a threat outside on those quick swing and screen passes.

LOL! How does Le'Veon Bell remind you of a young Jerome Bettis? Bell weighs a lot less than Bettis, their running style is different and Bettis was a worthless receiver out of the backfield. You know less about football than I thought you did. Comparing Bell to a young Bettis is stupid, almost retarded.
 LOL, but he is a Steeler!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:

Yea, I guess they do look alike in those Steelers helmets...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Steely wrote:
Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:

Come on Steely... give the guy his props.... I mean even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:17 pm

The team that really got screwed was Arizona, any other div or conference and they make the playoffs, but it just happens that they play in a very tough NFL conference & Division, it sucks that any team that wins 10 games goes home after the regular season.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:
Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:

Come on Steely... give the guy his props.... I mean even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!
You really dont know shit, LMAO
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:46 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:
Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:

You really dont know shit, LMAO
Is humor only one way up there in the mistake by the lake?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Admin wrote:

I dunno.... after watching games this weekend..... Steelers could have caused some serious problems in the playoffs. I feel they would have beaten either Sd or Cincy. And given a helluva game to KC or Indy. Still not on same level as Denver or NE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Dmounts wrote:
Admin wrote:

Bullcrap they would have got there tired asses handed to them. Quit Dreaming.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Dmounts wrote:
Dmounts wrote:
Admin wrote:

Bullcrap they would have got there tired asses handed to them. Quit Dreaming.

Don't feel bitter because the Steelers handed your team's ass this year.  In the second half of the season, the Steelers was a good team. 

Still, not bashing the Brown's either.  I believe they are a franchise quarterback away from being a good team.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:43 pm

Not bitter, but the steeler fans need some laser eye surgery. They played nobody the second half. If beating the Browns is a successful season for the steeler fans. Then I say how the mighty have fallen.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Dmounts wrote:Not bitter, but the steeler fans need some laser eye surgery. They played nobody the second half. If beating the Browns is a successful season for the steeler fans. Then I say how the mighty have fallen.

We didn't start playing our best football until Todd Haley let Ben run no-huddle and some of the younger guys got comfortable playing in the NFL.  And to say that the Steelers didn't play anyone in the second half is pure bs.  We played the easiest part of our schedule in the first half and lost most of those game because of the inexperience of our oline.  Besides, we were in every single game except for one or two towards the end of the 4th quarter.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 am

So what team in the second half of the season do you believe makes youe argument?  Most are non playoff teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:20 am

Dmounts wrote:So what team in the second half of the season do you believe makes youe argument?  Most are non playoff teams.

We beat the Packers at Green Bay and the Bengal's at home before we beat you.  The last three games of the season.  We were in every single game we played except the Patriots game.  We deserved to lose that game because our defense was just plain awful in that game.  The games we lost, we commited multiple turnovers in and had zero INTS the first 8 games of the season if my memory serves me correct.  Still, to say we didn't play anyone in this day and age of football is not a fair statement when teams are so evenly matched today.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:29 am

Greenbay's QB was injured or coming back from injury, the bungles d stunk toward the end of the season. The other teams (including the browns twice) totally stunk. Yelp they were in a lot of the games , but with a lot of crappy teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:37 am

Dmounts wrote:Greenbay's QB was injured or coming back from injury, the bungles d stunk toward the end of the season. The other teams (including the browns twice) totally stunk. Yelp they were in a lot of the games , but with a lot of crappy teams.

I think my point was, we were in every game except the Patriots.  I never said we'd be able to beat the Patriots.  I think my point is that we could have given some of the teams in the playoffs a run for their money.  You act as if our team sucked.  Sorry to disappoint your opinion but that doesn't support my facts.  lol

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:46 am

LOL. Thank goodness for loyal fans with out us the NFL wouldn't be. Peace bro.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:46 am

Dmounts wrote:LOL. Thank goodness for loyal fans with out us the NFL wouldn't be. Peace bro.

You got that right.  lol

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:02 am

The Steelers didn't have it up front, on either side of the ball, to go anywhere.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down