Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meaningless loss

+3
JnC4GB
ffaralli
duck
7 posters

Go down

Meaningless loss  Empty Meaningless loss

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:15 am

Well, I see the bar is hopping and Milani, HD, MB, Norm, Cliffie and others have made their profound pronouncements.  Fuck Fatty, fuck our O-Line, fuck everything.  Another round please!

My take?  Chill.  This depleted squad wasn't going anywhere anyway.  It was actually a very entertaining game and I thought the Packers, as always, played with heart.  From beginning to end, you could sense this was a coin flip game.  Quite honestly, this team merits a mercy killing right here and now but the Gods have decreed that the NFC North is an absolute travesty... and so we go into the final game of the season with a shot at the playoffs.  The Bears sucked even worse on the big SNF stage in Philly.  The loss to the Steelers turns out to be completely meaningless in terms of the playoff picture.  If Green Bay wins, we're in the playoffs... at fucking 8-7-1.

Y'know... I'll take it.  One more game to bite my nails and drink lots of beer.

If we lose, who fucking cares?  We're not going anywhere without Rodgers (and likely Matthews and Lacy) anyway.  If we win, there's a playoff game and a thin, razor thin, ray of hope.  Like I said, I'll take it.  Better a less than 1% chance than a zero % chance.

Let me ask all of you who don't want Green Bay to make the playoffs because we don't "deserve it" or whatever bank-handed logic you employ...  isn't that kind of like wanting Rodgers to be shut down for the season?

Fuck that.  I always want Green Bay to advance as far as possible.  Even an ugly playoff loss at home would be better than no playoff game at all.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Meaningless loss  Empty Duck's right but....

Post by ffaralli Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:48 am

It turned out to be a meaningless loss.

And this squad isn't going anywhere,no Rodgers, no Matthews, and maybe no Lacy.

But the same issues that have plagued this team for years rears its ugly head again, poor defense and poor special teams.

And anyone out there that says, 'the defense wasn't atrocious', I say this, when was the last time they held someone to 10-14 points?

They gave up 31 points yesterday (omitted pick six).

They gave up 36 last week.

You guys have gotten so used to horrid play by this teams defense, you think its ok to give up 30 pts a game.

Lombardi is rolling in his grave.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Meaningless loss  Empty Re: Meaningless loss

Post by JnC4GB Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:58 am

duck wrote:Quite honestly, this team merits a mercy killing right here and now...

...Let me ask all of you who don't want Green Bay to make the playoffs because we don't "deserve it" or whatever bank-handed logic you employ...  isn't that kind of like wanting Rodgers to be shut down for the season?

Y'know, just when I start to feel they're piling on and I start to want to have your back you consistently come up with a post like this one. I'ts like that 6-year old boy that's told, "If you do that again, you are going to get a spanking" and then the little fucker looks you right in the eye and yanks the cat's tail again.

Sheesh.

Aside from the contradictory statements above, I ask you who EVER wrote that they didn't want the Packers to make the playoffs? Criticizing the team doesn't equate to wishing them to lose.

I think you've lost the thread, pops. Time to hit the showers.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:13 am

JnC4GB wrote:
duck wrote:Quite honestly, this team merits a mercy killing right here and now...

...Let me ask all of you who don't want Green Bay to make the playoffs because we don't "deserve it" or whatever bank-handed logic you employ...  isn't that kind of like wanting Rodgers to be shut down for the season?

Y'know, just when I start to feel they're piling on and I start to want to have your back you consistently come up with a post like this one. I'ts like that 6-year old boy that's told, "If you do that again, you are going to get a spanking" and then the little fucker looks you right in the eye and yanks the cat's tail again.

Sheesh.

Aside from the contradictory statements above, I ask you who EVER wrote that they didn't want the Packers to make the playoffs? Criticizing the team doesn't equate to wishing them to lose.

I'll cop to having said something to that effect during one of my Sunday rants. And since everything that is said in the heat of the moment is always to be taken Very Seriously, Duck is clearly a better, smarter fan than I.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:14 am

I see it as the packers playing with house money,with all the injuries and more today with loss of clay again there is no stress for me as a fan to watch and win or lose as in the steeler game and cowboy game I was entertained to the max.

After the Flynn last seconds fuckup I said to my dad wow what a great game to watch,i ate dinner and then read a book,never once did I watch the bear game.I am just emotionally not going to die with the teams wins or losses this year,i have my own shit to worry about,if they win sunday then yeah it will be kool to have another weekend of football as I heal from my shoulder surgery and get ready to go back to the phlippines in march.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:31 am

throttleplate wrote:I see it as the packers playing with house money,with all the injuries and more today with loss of clay again there is no stress for me as a fan to watch and win or lose as in the steeler game and cowboy game I was entertained to the max.

After the Flynn last seconds fuckup I said to my dad wow what a great game to watch,i ate dinner and then read a book,never once did I watch the bear game.I am just emotionally not going to die with the teams wins or losses this year,i have my own shit to worry about,if they win sunday then yeah it will be kool to have another weekend of football as I heal from my shoulder surgery and get ready to go back to the phlippines in march.

BTW, how is that shoulder surgery coming?  Can you pee out of it yet?   Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:59 am

ffaralli wrote:It turned out to be a meaningless loss.

And this squad isn't going anywhere,no Rodgers, no Matthews, and maybe no Lacy.

But the same issues that have plagued this team for years rears its ugly head again, poor defense and poor special teams.

And anyone out there that says, 'the defense wasn't atrocious', I say this, when was the last time they held someone to 10-14 points?

They gave up 31 points yesterday (omitted pick six).

They gave up 36 last week.

You guys have gotten so used to horrid play by this teams defense, you think its ok to give up 30 pts a game.

Lombardi is rolling in his grave.

FF

Agreed 100%... our defense is putrid.  It's our limiting liability.  We finally have a legit running game and even without Rodgers our passing game has been moving the sticks.  Offense, while not great or what it could be with #12, is not what dooms us.

I suppose we could debate endlessly why our D is so terrible... lack of talent, poor tackling and/or ineffective scheming by Capers.  It's probably a mix of everything.  And it's been going on for a few years now.  Whatever the case, I'd like to see fresh leadership = fire Capers.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 pm

JnC4GB wrote:

Sheesh.

Gee, JnC, I'm surprised you were so incited by this one particular comment in a much broader post.  For whatever it's worth, I have heard something to that effect on this board, although I don't exactly remember where.  It certainly wasn't directed at you because I know you've posted sentiments similar to mine about having your interest piqued by the Packer playoff possibilities.

And yes, I fully understand that criticizing the team doesn't equate to wanting them to lose.  Duh.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

MB20 wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Sheesh.

I'll cop to having said something to that effect during one of my Sunday rants. And since everything that is said in the heat of the moment is always to be taken Very Seriously, Duck is clearly a better, smarter fan than I.

Aha!  See, I do remember someone saying something to that effect.

BTW, you're starting to sound like PFKIA with that last comment.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 pm

_HD_ wrote:
throttleplate wrote:I see it as the packers playing with house money,with all the injuries and more today with loss of clay again there is no stress for me as a fan to watch and win or lose as in the steeler game and cowboy game I was entertained to the max.

BTW, how is that shoulder surgery coming?  Can you pee out of it yet?   Wink

Seconded.  Hope your shoulder is doing better, Throttle.  We're putting you in for Flynn this week if Rodgers doesn't come back.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:14 pm

MB20 wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Sheesh.

Ya gotta understand the dynamics here, MB...  In his gameday sports bar, Duck is the elder statesman--sitting with a bunch of largely younger males pissing/moaning over the Pack like an old lady at the local yarn shop because the special yarn she ordered to make little meathead's sweater-vest for Christmas never came in and she wants to see gaped ass over it.  LOL.  He's taken on the role of the wise, old sage--delivering the measured voice of reason to guide these young, erratic little peckerwoods to the soothing and comforting hot spring of wisdom that resides within the splendor of the rainbow that only he can see there on the horizon.  And you know what?  He's proven to be right a few times recently.  He stood alone in taking a stand against all comers sucking their swill along with him in that bar and actually turned out to be RIGHT!  Ahhhh...feel the deliciousness of male affirmation as it pours over him and within every orifice--as everyone in the bar is forced to eat crow and give Michel de Montaigne there with with his bald head and micro-brew breath his due respect.   Laughing 

So you see--powerful shit there for someone like Duck...and his struggle is that he'd like to take that same personna and apply it to this board.  He's started to think he hasn't been giving himself enough credit around here among all of us fucktards.  This is why we're, out of the blue, getting these constant *bar rant* references interspersed within the framework of his oft-mentioned sportsbar socio-culture.  So get with the program, would ya?!  Didn't you get the fucking memo?  We're all a bunch of half-lip, mostly drunken douchebags BLAH BLAH BLAH slobbering all over the *7-up* t-shirts our Mommies bought us in the 5th grade...and Duck is here to save the day--to educate, influence and above all--INFORM us as to our ridiculous unsubstantiated bouts of purely knee-jerk emotional erratics and benefit us with the opportunity for the broader perspective of wisdom he's sure he holds that is the trade-off for finding himself recently in the Pampers isle at the local Albertsons--ya know--just to get a lay of the land there for whatever reason...

Seriously.  They should make me have to pay for this shit...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:58 pm

hey dudes and gals,i get operated on friday morning,thanks for the well wishes,maybe the nurse will give me a happy ending in the recovery room.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Sheesh.

Ya gotta understand the dynamics here, MB...  In his gameday sports bar, Duck is the elder statesman--sitting with a bunch of largely younger males pissing/moaning over the Pack like an old lady at the local yarn shop because the special yarn she ordered to make little meathead's sweater-vest for Christmas never came in and she wants to see gaped ass over it.  LOL.  He's taken on the role of the wise, old sage--delivering the measured voice of reason to guide these young, erratic little peckerwoods to the soothing and comforting hot spring of wisdom that resides within the splendor of the rainbow that only he can see there on the horizon.  And you know what?  He's proven to be right a few times recently.  He stood alone in taking a stand against all comers sucking their swill along with him in that bar and actually turned out to be RIGHT!  Ahhhh...feel the deliciousness of male affirmation as it pours over him and within every orifice--as everyone in the bar is forced to eat crow and give Michel de Montaigne there with with his bald head and micro-brew breath his due respect.   Laughing 

So you see--powerful shit there for someone like Duck...and his struggle is that he'd like to take that same personna and apply it to this board.  He's started to think he hasn't been giving himself enough credit around here among all of us fucktards.  This is why we're, out of the blue, getting these constant *bar rant* references interspersed within the framework of his oft-mentioned sportsbar socio-culture.  So get with the program, would ya?!  Didn't you get the fucking memo?  We're all a bunch of half-lip, mostly drunken douchebags BLAH BLAH BLAH slobbering all over the *7-up* t-shirts our Mommies bought us in the 5th grade...and Duck is here to save the day--to educate, influence and above all--INFORM us as to our ridiculous unsubstantiated bouts of purely knee-jerk emotional erratics and benefit us with the opportunity for the broader perspective of wisdom he's sure he holds that is the trade-off for finding himself recently in the Pampers isle at the local Albertsons--ya know--just to get a lay of the land there for whatever reason...

Seriously.  They should make me have to pay for this shit...   Laughing 

No no no, HD.  It's KINDNESS.  That's what motivates my mission here.  I'm a nice guy and I like to help others.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Even if everyone in the NFC North is ugly the division winner gets a home playoff game regardless. That means a lot of extra revenue for the city of Green Bay and surrounding areas. This is crucial to Ringo's lifespan. No bar is too insignificant.

Bears gave up 54 to Philly and 31 to Cleveland. Some of it was on turnovers. Even the Vikings put up points against them. 2 bad defenses. Which is worth.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:08 pm

I'll buy anyone on this board drinks at the Stadium View the Fri or Sat night before the upcoming Jan 4 or Jan 5 playoff game at Lambeau Field.     DON'T LET ME DOWN !!!!    POUND !!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down