Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats to the New York Rangers. And good luck with Ellsbury

2 posters

Go down

Congrats to the New York Rangers.  And good luck with Ellsbury Empty Congrats to the New York Rangers. And good luck with Ellsbury

Post by guppy Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:55 pm

I want to personally congratulate the New York Rangers for being the only professional sports team in the entire states of New York and New Jersey that does not have a losing record and is at least .500.  The Rangers at 14-14 are exactly .500.

However, losing New York and New Jersey teams below .500:

Knicks
Nets
Jets
Giants
Islanders
Devils
Sabres
Bills  

By the way, best of luck to the Yankees with Jacoby Ellsbury for the next 7 years at $22M per, or whatever it is.  Think of it this way New York.  By the time Ellsbury's contract is up, Boston's new phenom center fielder who is taking Jacoby's place, Jackie Bradley Jr., will probably be a free agent.  Then you can overpay for HIM too. 

But by that time, he will have helped us win another World Series or two.  LOL.

All together now.  "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.  Its up to you New York, New York......"

Razz
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Congrats to the New York Rangers.  And good luck with Ellsbury Empty Re: Congrats to the New York Rangers. And good luck with Ellsbury

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:19 pm

guppy wrote:I want to personally congratulate the New York Rangers for being the only professional sports team in the entire states of New York and New Jersey that does not have a losing record and is at least .500.  The Rangers at 14-14 are exactly .500.

Knicks
Nets
Jets
Giants
Islanders
Devils
Sabres
Bills  

By the way, best of luck to the Yankees with Jacoby Ellsbury for the next 7 years at $22M per, or whatever it is.  Think of it this way New York.  By the time Ellsbury's contract is up, Boston's new phenom center fielder who is taking Jacoby's place, Jackie Bradley Jr., will probably be a free agent.  Then you can overpay for HIM too. 

All together now.  "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.  Its up to you New York, New York......"

Razz

LOLOL   You are such a brat!! 

WTG Rangers!!  Very Happy

Oh...so not a good year for NY sports teams.  The other morning on the radio they said all nine NY teams that played the day before, lost!  Eh, whatta gonna do?  Gotta stick with your teams win or lose! 

Ridiculous amount of money for Ellsbury.  Isn't he even hurt?  We have him for seven years, I give him maybe three good ones out of those seven.  lol

PS - No more World Series for you!  Pfft!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Congrats to the New York Rangers.  And good luck with Ellsbury Empty Re: Congrats to the New York Rangers. And good luck with Ellsbury

Post by guppy Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:52 am

~Sheila~ wrote:
guppy wrote:I want to personally congratulate the New York Rangers for being the only professional sports team in the entire states of New York and New Jersey that does not have a losing record and is at least .500.  The Rangers at 14-14 are exactly .500.

Knicks
Nets
Jets
Giants
Islanders
Devils
Sabres
Bills  

Razz

LOLOL   You are such a brat!! 

WTG Rangers!!  Very Happy

Oh...so not a good year for NY sports teams.  The other morning on the radio they said all nine NY teams that played the day before, lost!  Eh, whatta gonna do?  Gotta stick with your teams win or lose! 

Ridiculous amount of money for Ellsbury.  Isn't he even hurt?  We have him for seven years, I give him maybe three good ones out of those seven.  lol

PS - No more World Series for you!  Pfft!

New York sports is definitely in a down time now.  I wouldn't be a good Bostonian if I didn't take the opportunity to get a little dig in -- once anyway.  LOL. 

But look at it this way, when the Knicks play the Nets, at least one NY team will definitely be a winner.
  Very Happy 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am

The Yankees let Cano go.  He signed with Seattle.  Sad
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:34 am

~Sheila~ wrote:The Yankees let Cano go.  He signed with Seattle.  Sad

Sorry you had to post the crying Emoticon Sheila.  Yankee fans won't be happy.  In effect, Ellsbury is the guy who now replaced Cano on the Yankee roster and got the money that was going to Cano.  And he is not as good as Cano overall.  That will not play well in NY.  Ellsbury is faster than Cano, but that's about it in terms of what he brings to a ballclub. 

As a Red Sox fan, I'm pretty pleased with the offseason so far.  Look what Seattle is paying Cano.  Its unreal.  His contract is something like $100 Million more than Dustin Pedroia's (Red Sox 2nd baseman) contract, and I think Pedroia is as good and as valuable to a team as Cano.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:44 am

guppy wrote:

Sorry you had to post the crying Emoticon Sheila.  Yankee fans won't be happy.  In effect, Ellsbury is the guy who now replaced Cano on the Yankee roster and got the money that was going to Cano.  And he is not as good as Cano overall.  That will not play well in NY.  Ellsbury is faster than Cano, but that's about it in terms of what he brings to a ballclub. 

As a Red Sox fan, I'm pretty pleased with the offseason so far.  Look what Seattle is paying Cano.  Its unreal.  His contract is something like $100 Million more than Dustin Pedroia's (Red Sox 2nd baseman) contract, and I think Pedroia is as good and as valuable to a team as Cano.

Agreed.

Ugh, the money these guys make is mind boggling. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:02 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
guppy wrote:

Agreed.

It is, as is the fact that its all guaranteed, so they can underperform and still get paid in full.  Where else can you do that?  Well, The in White House, I suppose.  What a country!  LOL.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 pm

guppy wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
guppy wrote:

Agreed.

It is, as is the fact that its all guaranteed, so they can underperform and still get paid in full.  Where else can you do that?  Well, The in White House, I suppose.  What a country!  LOL.

Hah, The White House and the weathermen!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down