Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gholston=Wilson=Milliner

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gholston=Wilson=Milliner  Empty Gholston=Wilson=Milliner

Post by wassejet Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:20 pm

All first round busts.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Gholston=Wilson=Milliner  Empty Re: Gholston=Wilson=Milliner

Post by LRJets Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:58 pm

wassejet wrote:All first round busts.
It gets even more aggravating in that as I type, Kellon Clemons is on TV playing QB.
I truly believe the Jets don't have a legitimate QB to be a backup on any other team.   To think if the Rams didn't leapfrog us wiith a king's ransom, we'd have Tavon Austin. I don't know the answer for QB??   After the first couple of picks, the draft is a crap shoot.
The Jets were an embarrassment, and they play the Dolphins in Miami in 2 weeks.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Trade for Weeden. We'll give you a 2nd round draft pick to take him off our hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 pm

LRJets wrote:
It gets even more aggravating in that as I type, Kellon Clemons is on TV playing QB.
I truly believe the Jets don't have a legitimate QB to be a backup on any other team.   To think if the Rams didn't leapfrog us wiith a king's ransom, we'd have Tavon Austin. I don't know the answer for QB??   After the first couple of picks, the draft is a crap shoot.

There's no getting around it, this team is a disaster from ownership to GM to coaching on down. They can't compete and they can't draft. The only positive is the D line, but with a non-existent pass rush and a so-so secondary, it doesn't matter that you can't run on the Jets. No problem, just throw the ball for all the yards you need.

P.S. Why the hell did they let Braylon Edwards go? He was the only one on the roster who was a threat to catch a football. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 am

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

There's no getting around it, this team is a disaster from ownership to GM to coaching on down. They can't compete and they can't draft. The only positive is the D line, but with a non-existent pass rush and a so-so secondary, it doesn't matter that you can't run on the Jets. No problem, just throw the ball for all the yards you need.

P.S. Why the hell did they let Braylon Edwards go? He was the only one on the roster who was a threat to catch a football. 
I have never seen a more pathetic State of the Jets  than at present.  I've seen many phases of the life of the Jets. Many.
They scored 20 points in the last three games.  79-20.  Miami looked like the '66 Packers yesterday rolling up and down the field at will.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 am

Yes to the first, but I wouldn't call Wilson a bust, and it's too early to say when it comes to Milner. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:39 am

LRJets wrote:

Clemens was on TV playing like crap, no loss there. The answer to the QB question is either stay with Geno or bring in a veteran. Sign Cutler (UFA) or wait for Schaub to get released. Sign RB Ben Tate(UFA). They have the money to do so, then draft the best players available and make sure at least one of them is a good WR. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:44 am

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

A GM can't live in the past. What's Edwards doing? If he couldn't make the Jets it means that he's washed up. I'm not worried about the D. The problem is the D is tired because most of the time with the O it's 3 and out. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:57 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

A GM can't live in the past. What's Edwards doing? If he couldn't make the Jets it means that he's washed up. I'm not worried about the D. The problem is the D is tired because most of the time with the O it's 3 and out. 
If the secondary is part of the "D", there  is plenty to worry about. I'm worried about them with 60 minutes left in the game.  Instead of a debate on busts, there's no getting around the fact the Jets were a pathetic excuse for a football team yesterday  on any level.  I see teams take over in their own end zone, and time and again a pass here, a hand off here, and they're back in good field position.  The Jets went 3 and out.
Too disgusting to talk about.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:04 pm

LRJets wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

If the secondary is part of the "D", there  is plenty to worry about. I'm worried about them with 60 minutes left in the game.  Instead of a debate on busts, there's no getting around the fact the Jets were a pathetic excuse for a football team yesterday  on any level.  I see teams take over in their own end zone, and time and again a pass here, a hand off here, and they're back in good field position.  The Jets went 3 and out.
Too disgusting to talk about.
I had the Jets winning no more than 3 or 4 games this season, so I'm not as disappointed in them as you. Yes, they were disgusting, but they aren't making the playoffs even if they would have won yesterday. At this point it's all about draft position. I know it sucks to hear that again, but the Jets are what they are, which is a bad team. I'm pretty sure if the season ended right now the Jets would pick 6th. That's high enough to draft a good WR. I won't lose sleep if their draft position gets higher over the next few weeks. Rex is a good D coach but does he deserve to be back as HC? I'm not so sure. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Gholston=Wilson=Milliner  Empty Re:

Post by LRJets Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Just wrote a long reply and no title, so poof!
I  wanted to say I expected the Jets to have the number of wins they do have.  The way they amassed it stinks.  They showed no progression by losing these last three games.
They regessed!
They scored 20 points and gave up 79 in the last three games.  For all intents and purposes, their trend is no different than being winless.

I like Rex.  He did a no-no by putting in Sanchez in the fourth exhibition game with guys who are now probably cutting lawns.  A starter with 4th stringers? Tjhe last game? Unheard of.

He is loyal, a good trait as a person, but not in the football  business.  Reed has more snaps than anybody.  It's like watching Willie Mays as a Met. Sad.

I'd like to see him back with a good quarterback than a re-tread, if fired Shanahan.  
I wouldn't mind Gruden, buthe is making millions without the stress.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:05 am

Same here. I posted a few replies but they disappeared when I clicked "send."

To LR: Clemens is not a good QB even though he won a few games for the Jets as well, so let's not wax nostalgic for him.

To NY Jets1: Edwards played at the end of last year and he looked okay to me. Any receiver will be only as good as the QB throwing to him. The reason we were given that the Jets didn't need Edwards was because they had this free agent receiver out of Lehigh Univ. who's name I forget. He was supposed to be the next Wayne Chrebet. After he dropped about 3 balls in a row at the beginning of the season, he was cut. That's the Jets problem: penny wise, pound foolish. They don't seem to understand that in order to win championships, you need to knock on the door (get in the playoffs) almost every year. In order to do that, you need to win football games consistently. In order to win consistently, you need a top echelon QB who can throw the ball and playmakers on offense, guys who get paid to score TD's. The days of "ground and pound" don't work anymore in todays NFL. The reason is because you need to be able to come from behind to win football games. You can't do that by running the ball, you have to throw and you need a guy with a strong arm to do that. The Jets just don't seem to understand the importance of armstrength in today's game. First get a guy who can throw the ball through a barn, then teach him the rest. You can't teach armstrength. Nick Foles is a great example of what the Jets need. A big strong QB with a great arm.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:23 pm

wassejet wrote:Same here. I posted a few replies but they disappeared when I clicked "send."

To LR: Clemens is not a good QB even though he won a few games for the Jets as well, so let's not wax nostalgic for him.

To NY Jets1: Edwards played at the end of last year and he looked okay to me. Any receiver will be only as good as the QB throwing to him. The reason we were given that the Jets didn't need Edwards was because they had this free agent receiver out of Lehigh Univ. who's name I forget. He was supposed to be the next Wayne Chrebet. After he dropped about 3 balls in a row at the beginning of the season, he was cut. That's the Jets problem: penny wise, pound foolish. They don't seem to understand that in order to win championships, you need to knock on the door (get in the playoffs) almost every year. In order to do that, you need to win football games consistently. In order to win consistently, you need a top echelon QB who can throw the ball and playmakers on offense, guys who get paid to score TD's. The days of "ground and pound" don't work anymore in todays NFL. The reason is because you need to be able to come from behind to win football games. You can't do that by running the ball, you have to throw and you need a guy with a strong arm to do that. The Jets just don't seem to understand the importance of armstrength in today's game. First get a guy who can throw the ball through a barn, then teach him the rest. You can't teach armstrength. Nick Foles is a great example of what the Jets need. A big strong QB with a great arm.
As someone said recently, if Edwards was that good, I'll us the term "ready" because he was a good Jet, some team would have grabbed him.  Watching Seattle last night was a world of difference than watching the Jets.  Smooth, fluid, chesive, etc.
I wouldn't mind a run at Alex Smith. I think he is a free agent.  I know a few teams need quarterbacks.  The draft this year coming up is deeper in QBs than this season, and we have some monies from Revis, Sanchez, etc.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:26 am

NY JETS1 wrote:
Yes to the first, but I wouldn't call Wilson a bust, and it's too early to say when it comes to Milner. 
For a guy who was drafted in round one three years ago, Wilson has not lived up to any reasonable expectations for guy drafted that high. This is a guy who could only play nickel in his first two years and with Milliner playing so badly, he still can't crack the starting lineup. Milliner is just absolutely lost out there. Has no idea where the ball is and can't even make a decent tackle. I would start a free agent DB over him right now. Normally a rookie will have his share of troubles, but will make a play or two that justifies his high choice, not this guy. He is playing so badly that if he started playing up to expectations in the next two years, it would be one of the most dramatic turnarounds in NFL history.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:48 am

LRJets wrote:
wassejet wrote:Same here. I posted a few replies but they disappeared when I clicked "send."

As someone said recently, if Edwards was that good, I'll us the term "ready" because he was a good Jet, some team would have grabbed him.  Watching Seattle last night was a world of difference than watching the Jets.  Smooth, fluid, chesive, etc.
I wouldn't mind a run at Alex Smith. I think he is a free agent.  I know a few teams need quarterbacks.  The draft this year coming up is deeper in QBs than this season, and we have some monies from Revis, Sanchez, etc.
Smith is under contract for next season. Cutler is better and he's an UFA, it's said that the Bears won't franchise him either. A few years ago the NY newspapers said that the Jets wanted to draft Cutler. He might be the way to go, but he need people to throw to. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:04 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Smith is under contract for next season. Cutler is better and he's an UFA, it's said that the Bears won't franchise him either. A few years ago the NY newspapers said that the Jets wanted to draft Cutler. He might be the way to go, but he need people to throw to. 
I would pass on both of these guys. Both have been in the league a long time with little to show for it. Cutler, has a world of talent but hasn't been able to put it all together. The Jets have gone the veteran QB route so many times and failed: Esiason, O'Donnell, Testaverde, Favre ad infinitum. I wouldn't mind giving Sanchez (somehow I still think there is talent there) one more shot if they could get some decent receivers and a good RB to support him. Barring that, I'd keep trying to draft one. If the Jets keep playing like they have, they'll probably end up drafting high enough where they could make a reasonable deal for the number one pick and maybe take Bridgewater.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:21 pm

wassejet wrote:
I would pass on both of these guys. Both have been in the league a long time with little to show for it. Cutler, has a world of talent but hasn't been able to put it all together. The Jets have gone the veteran QB route so many times and failed: Esiason, O'Donnell, Testaverde, Favre ad infinitum. I wouldn't mind giving Sanchez (somehow I still think there is talent there) one more shot if they could get some decent receivers and a good RB to support him. Barring that, I'd keep trying to draft one. If the Jets keep playing like they have, they'll probably end up drafting high enough where they could make a reasonable deal for the number one pick and maybe take Bridgewater.
Who knows if Bridgewater will even come out this year. To be fair the veteran QB's you mentioned were all washed up by the time they came to the Jets. That's not the case with Cutler. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:16 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
Who knows if Bridgewater will even come out this year. To be fair the veteran QB's you mentioned were all washed up by the time they came to the Jets. That's not the case with Cutler. 
I assume he will, he is listed as the #1 QB prospect on draft sites. O'Donnell...washed up? He had just been in a SB when the Jets signed him. You can say Favre because of his age, however, he had one of his best seasons after he left the Jets. Vinnie may have seemed washed up to a lot of people, but he had his best years with the Jets. I don't think these guys were washed up, they just didn't have what it took to take the Jets to a championship, and I don't think Cutler or Smith have it either.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:34 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
wassejet wrote:

I was never a big Cutler fan.  He's a pouter, insisted on leaving Denver.  Let him stay away.  
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:19 am

wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
I assume he will, he is listed as the #1 QB prospect on draft sites. O'Donnell...washed up? He had just been in a SB when the Jets signed him. You can say Favre because of his age, however, he had one of his best seasons after he left the Jets. Vinnie may have seemed washed up to a lot of people, but he had his best years with the Jets. I don't think these guys were washed up, they just didn't have what it took to take the Jets to a championship, and I don't think Cutler or Smith have it either.
IMO Favre is the most overrated QB in NFL history. He over achieved and had one good year after he left and stunk the following year, hence he was far from being in his prime with the NYJ. O'Donnell wasn't completely washed up but he wasn't that good to begin with. Vinny got banged up and was never the same after that, age factors into things like that. I will agree with you with Smith. He needs players around him, but Cutler has the talent to make the players around him better if they can hold on to the ball. He also has experience which as you know can't be taught. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:04 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
IMO Favre is the most overrated QB in NFL history. Disagree, he was one of the greats. W-L at GB 160-93, 16 years with one losing season. Think of the Jets record during that span. He over achieved and had one good year after he left and stunk the following year (was injured), hence he was far from being in his prime with the NYJ. Agree, but even not in his prime, he was better than what the Jets had in their prime. O'Donnell wasn't completely washed up but he wasn't that good to begin with. Agree. Vinny got banged up and was never the same after that, age factors into things like that. But had his best year as a Jet at age 35. I will agree with you with Smith. He needs players around him, but Cutler has the talent to make the players around him better if they can hold on to the ball. He also has experience which as you know can't be taught. Agree about Cutler, but he hasn't had the production to match the talent. Nevertheless, better than anything the Jets have right now, just not sure there is much upside with him.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:45 pm

LRJets wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
wassejet wrote:

I was never a big Cutler fan.  He's a pouter, insisted on leaving Denver.  Let him stay away.  
So was Eli Manning and Elway. IDK about you but I wish the Jets had them. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 pm

wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
IMO Favre is the most overrated QB in NFL history. Disagree, he was one of the greats. W-L at GB 160-93, 16 years with one losing season. Think of the Jets record during that span. He over achieved and had one good year after he left and stunk the following year (was injured), hence he was far from being in his prime with the NYJ. Agree, but even not in his prime, he was better than what the Jets had in their prime. O'Donnell wasn't completely washed up but he wasn't that good to begin with. Agree. Vinny got banged up and was never the same after that, age factors into things like that. But had his best year as a Jet at age 35. I will agree with you with Smith. He needs players around him, but Cutler has the talent to make the players around him better if they can hold on to the ball. He also has experience which as you know can't be taught. Agree about Cutler, but he hasn't had the production to match the talent. Nevertheless, better than anything the Jets have right now, just not sure there is much upside with him.
Sorry I can't agree with you on Favre, he's the worst big game QB there is. He  had a lot of help with that 160-93 record. I don't compare players to what the Jets did or had because doing so can make half of the NFL look like hall of famers. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:50 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
Sorry I can't agree with you on Favre, he's the worst big game QB there is. I never saw a QB throw so many INTs at the worst time possible. He  had a lot of help with that 160-93 record. I don't compare players to what the Jets did or had because doing so can make half of the NFL look like hall of famers. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:50 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:
Sorry I can't agree with you on Favre, he's the worst big game QB there is. I never saw a QB throw so many big game INTs at the worst time possible. He  had a lot of help with that 160-93 record. I don't compare players to what the Jets did or had because doing so can make half of the NFL look like hall of famers. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next