Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rodgers reflects on Browns’ interest in him

Go down

Rodgers reflects on Browns’ interest in him Empty Rodgers reflects on Browns’ interest in him

Post by Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:41 pm

As the Browns lay the foundation for their next run at a franchise quarterback, they’ll be reminded on Sunday of one who got away.
In 2005, the Browns held the third overall pick in the draft.  They expressed interest in Packers quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; they drafted receiver Braylon Edwards.  (Two rounds later, Cleveland drafted quarterback Charlie Frye.)
“Yeah I was out at the facility actually,” Rodgers said.  “I remember meeting with Romeo Crennel, who was the coach at the time.  I enjoyed our conversation.  Trent Dilfer, who was a buddy of mine, was the quarterback there at the time.  I thought it was a strong possibility being there.  I enjoyed my visit there.  It was my first of two visits where I actually went to the team facility.
“That was really exciting for me as a young player, to go out there and stay in the hotel and go in the facility and eat at the team dining [hall].  I thought that was really a big deal.  I enjoyed it a lot. They went in a different direction.

Back to top Go down

Rodgers reflects on Browns’ interest in him Empty Re: Rodgers reflects on Browns’ interest in him

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah, they always go in a different direction, Edwards was a big time bust, ( said he would be, even playing with that team up north he would always drop balls that hit him in the hands) and then the great Winslow the 2nd, LMAO ( again I said it was a bad pick, all he did at Miami was cause problems) now we jump ahead to Weeden, LMAO, every week he seems to just get worse and worse, the guy has never progressed, hell he cant even throw a simple screen pass, now I hear the Browns are going to try and get the #1 overall pick in the 2014 draft, well this 2014 draft is going to have A LOT of good looking QB's in it, Minn, Tampa,Pitt,Jacksonville and Cleveland all needs QB's, I am giddy just thinkiing about how the Browns are going to try and give up both their #1's and either a 2nd or 3rd round pick, I hope they just stand pat, UNLESS they can get Johnny Manzel from A & M.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Rodgers reflects on Browns’ interest in him Empty Re: Rodgers reflects on Browns’ interest in him

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Oh yeah, and not give away their next 2 drafts to get him or whoever they decide is their next franchise leader.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down