Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic says that Steelers will not have to surrender a conditional draft pick...

Go down

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic says that Steelers will not have to surrender a conditional draft pick... Empty Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic says that Steelers will not have to surrender a conditional draft pick...

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Here's the article. 

Steelers Will Not Give Cardinals Draft Pick For Levi Brown

[url=javascript:(function(e,t){var n=encodeURIComponent;var r=http://web.fancred.com/sb/share.html?url= +n(t&&t.u?t.u:e.url)+'&title=+n(t&&t.t?t.t:e.title)+ &onclose=close_window';var i=function(){var e=screen.width/2-330;if(!window.open(r,'share_on_fancred','height=535,left='+e+',location=0,status=0,toolbar=0,top=200,width=660'))location.href=r};if(/Firefox/.test(navigator.userAgent))setTimeout(i,0);else{i()}})(document,{u:'http://nicepickcowher.com/2013/10/15/steelers-will-give-cardinals-draft-pick-levi-brown/',t:'Steelers Will Not Give Cardinals Draft Pick For Levi Brown'});][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Oct 15th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports

Even though Levi Brown was lost for the year due to a triceps injury, Pittsburgh’s brass will not have to surrender a draft pick to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] according to Kent Somers of The Arizona Republic:

According to Somers, the Steelers would have only had to surrender a conditional draft pick for Brown is he had stayed on their active roster for five weeks. Due to the fact that offensive tackle was hurt before this Sunday’s game against the Jets, Pittsburgh had to place him on injured reserve and end his 2013 season.

In essence, the Steelers’ front office spent just under $1 million for a rent-a-tackle who failed to even play for them. Then again, I guess that I am not too upset when I consider that they might have had to give Arizona a valuable draft pick had Brown stayed healthy and played terribly in game-action anyway.

It will be interesting to see if the Steelers decide to keep Brown past this season, but I am not sure that it will happen. Investing even short-term in a soon-to-be 30 year old offensive tackle who has played in only a total of four games during the last two regular seasons is a huge gamble, even for an offensive line-starved team like Pittsburgh.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down