Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Criticise Bell

3 posters

Go down

Ben Criticise Bell Empty Ben Criticise Bell

Post by leejr Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Le'Veon Bell Draws Criticism from Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger
By
(Featured Columnist) on September 25, 2013
33,986 reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
With less than 52 rushing yards per contest, the Pittsburgh Steelers currently have the second-worst ground game in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Rookie running back Le'Veon Bell could change that if he plays in Week 4, but star quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] doesn't seem to be convinced.
According to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Big Ben expressed uncertainty regarding whether the Michigan State rookie will be active when the Steelers face the Minnesota Vikings in London on Sunday:
Honestly, I have no idea with him. You can't get a read on him. One day, he's practicing, one day, he's not; one day, he's going hard, the next day, he's not. I wish I could.
Roethlisberger even went so far as to question Bell's work ethic by comparing him to tight end Heath Miller, who returned to action in Week 3 after tearing his ACL late last season:
If he was a guy like Heath Miller that you knew was busting his butt every day to get back there ... Le'Veon is a rookie, I don't know him quite well enough yet. But if he can come back and help us, we'll take him.
Are Roethlisberger's comments regarding Bell out of line?
Yes, it's bush league to call out a teammate in the media. No, it's the kick in the pants that Bell needs to get motivated. Submit Vote vote to see results
Roethlisberger is considered one of the toughest players in the game for battling through injuries. Because of his high pain tolerance, it may be difficult for the two-time Super Bowl winner to understand what Bell is going through.   

Bell has been dealing with a torn ligament in his right foot, according to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but head coach [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] currently expects him to play against the Vikings, per the NFL's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

While Big Ben is obviously supposed to be a leader as the starting quarterback, it remains to be seen if calling out a young teammate is the best course of action. It could very easily irk the second-round selection, but maybe Roethlisberger's comments will motivate Bell to return with a bang.
Don't really understand why Ben Roethlisberger is taking shots at Le'Veon Bell. Obvious PIT needs Bell badly: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
— Adam Levitan (@adamlevitan) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
With Felix Jones, Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer struggling to get anything going on the ground, Big Ben should be ecstatic about the prospects of Bell suiting up, especially against the Vikings' 21st-ranked rushing defense.
Although Roethlisberger's relationship with Bell may not be great right now, it could improve quickly if Bell is able to take some pressure off the veteran signal-caller in Week 4 and beyond.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Ben Criticise Bell Empty Re: Ben Criticise Bell

Post by leejr Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Ben maybe right what he's saying,but you keep that in house.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:51 pm

leejr wrote:Ben maybe right what he's saying,but you keep that in house.
Calling him out in the public might be just what he needs to light a fire under him and play lights out.  I'm actually excited to see what this guy can do today.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Ben should shut the fuck up and get the ball out of his hands quicker. I don't know who I'm sicker of hearing speak, him or Tomlin and his wanna be white man cliches. Of, by the way, the defense sucks dick lebaeu...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Ben should shut the fuck up and get the ball out of his hands quicker. I don't know who I'm sicker of hearing speak, him or Tomlin and his wanna be white man cliches. Of, by the way, the defense sucks dick lebaeu... 

Amen
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down