Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why the Steelers suck

+2
diehardsteersfan
RLON39
6 posters

Go down

Why the Steelers suck Empty Why the Steelers suck

Post by RLON39 Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:29 pm

The primary reason why this team sucks is the offensive line, which just impacts too much of the game. They can't run behind the line, and they can't rely on pass protection. The OL causes a big deficit in the field position game. Instead of wearing down opposing defenses, our line wears down our defense, just in time to cave in during a crucial drive. None of the game is controlled, it's a crap shoot in terms of trying to win games, and all the pressure/disadvantages inevitbly lead to turnovers. What's more glaring, the time of possession this year is skewed heavily against us.

So, that's the primary issue. Secondarily, the FO must catch some flack. The Woodley and Colon contracts were ridiculous. These are the players they give huge contracts to in order to keep? Aside from that, they fucked up by letting Starks, Lewis and Harrison ALL go without the depth to deal with those losses. But, the steelers are in denial that goes way beyond these bad choices, you can even argue for letting those three players go. But, you simply can't expect to continue to be successful if you never sign any decent free agents while simultaneous drafting in the bottom half of the draft each and every year. Baltimore and the Patriots make deals and solid FA signings. They also work the draft and their picks quite well. The Steelers have done shit because the FO has drank their own bath water for too many fucking years. They need to open their eyes.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Why the Steelers suck Empty Re: Why the Steelers suck

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

RLON39 wrote: The primary reason why this team sucks is the offensive line, which just impacts too much of the game. They can't run behind the line, and they can't rely on pass protection. The OL causes a big deficit in the field position game. Instead of wearing down opposing defenses, our line wears down our defense, just in time to cave in during a crucial drive. None of the game is controlled, it's a crap shoot in terms of trying to win games, and all the pressure/disadvantages inevitbly lead to turnovers. What's more glaring, the time of possession this year is skewed heavily against us.

So, that's the primary issue. Secondarily, the FO must catch some flack. The Woodley and Colon contracts were ridiculous. These are the players they give huge contracts to in order to keep? Aside from that, they fucked up by letting Starks, Lewis and Harrison ALL go without the depth to deal with those losses. But, the steelers are in denial that goes way beyond these bad choices, you can even argue for letting those three players go. But, you simply can't expect to continue to be successful if you never sign any decent free agents while simultaneous drafting in the bottom half of the draft each and every year. Baltimore and the Patriots make deals and solid FA signings. They also work the draft and their picks quite well. The Steelers have done shit because the FO has drank their own bath water for too many fucking years. They need to open their eyes.
Yep, winning consistently year after year breeds arrogance that causes pacifism, which gives us the results we are seeing today.  The truth of the matter, Ben has been carrying this pathetic offensive line for years.  Any other QB and we’d be similar to the Brown’s or Bengals IMO. 

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:48 am

averaging 52 rushing ypg ranking 31 in the league. Any wonder why we are looking up at the rest of the division?

LeVeon Bell cleared to play vs Vikings....Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:19 pm

The title to this subject is self explanatory.But,Rlon is correct also I've been saying this as well. In today's sports,you have to be able to wheel and deal through fa,and the draft. The Steelers gotten themselves in trouble with the cap by signing players that didn't cut the mustard,now it's showing. The team was blessed by defenses didn't know how to defend them.What teams are doing is stacking the box making Ben beat them with his arm,knowing the ol can't produce running lanes. I hope we don't think Bell will be a savior,because he's not
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 pm

foghorn wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ben got hit on the hand in that game from a helmet.  It might have played a role in why he fumbled the ball so many times in this last game.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:16 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Ben got hit on the hand in that game from a helmet.  It might have played a role in why he fumbled the ball so many times in this last game.
 Do you even have a sense of humor? The picture is/was intended to be a light moment in discussion of a team that right now..... SUCKS ASS! Ben shares as much blame as any other player in this. I can think of 100 million reason why he HAS to play a LOT better. These aren't kids playing a game- they are PAID professional athletes... it's their JOB to preform. I'm tired of Ben getting a pass... yea his O-line sucks.... then get the dam ball out quicker! shorter routes, do something. But there seems to be enough people who ACT like he can walk on water. he don't!  I bet if he took a dump in the middle of the room.... it'd stink just as much as your or mine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:21 pm

It wouldn't if he used  PooPourri  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Dmounts wrote:It wouldn't if he used  PooPourri  Smile
                      lmfao!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
 Do you even have a sense of humor? The picture is/was intended to be a light moment in discussion of a team that right now..... SUCKS ASS! Ben shares as much blame as any other player in this. I can think of 100 million reason why he HAS to play a LOT better. These aren't kids playing a game- they are PAID professional athletes... it's their JOB to preform. I'm tired of Ben getting a pass... yea his O-line sucks.... then get the dam ball out quicker! shorter routes, do something. But there seems to be enough people who ACT like he can walk on water. he don't!  I bet if he took a dump in the middle of the room.... it'd stink just as much as your or mine.
The dude has been standing back there holding onto the ball so he can make a big play and you want to bash him for it?  Ben has no problems getting the ball out quick to a receiver once they get open.  Ben gets no blame in my book.  tongue

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:39 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
The dude has been standing back there holding onto the ball so he can make a big play and you want to bash him for it?  Ben has no problems getting the ball out quick to a receiver once they get open.  Ben gets no blame in my book.  tongue
Okay, maybe just a tad of the blame but that's it.  Smile

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Do you know who really deserves the blame?  Colbert, Haley and Tomlin.  These guys have been atrocious drafting players in the last 5-years...worse than any other team in the NFL IMO.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Remind me not to read your book then...LOL  This picture is a Facebook sensation!! Learn to laugh at crappy play from players...I do weekly!! LOL

Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:06 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Remind me not to read your book then...LOL  This picture is a Facebook sensation!! Learn to laugh at crappy play from players...I do weekly!! LOL

I do...in fact, I'm laughing right now at you!  LOL

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:02 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

I'm a crappy poster, not player. You laughing AT ME or WITH ME?  LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:27 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

I'm a crappy poster, not player. You laughing AT ME or WITH ME?  LOL
Oh, you confused me for a play-er.  I'm laughing with you.  lol

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down