Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 point lead, 4 takeaways, almost 200 yards rushing

5 posters

Go down

16 point lead, 4 takeaways, almost 200 yards rushing Empty 16 point lead, 4 takeaways, almost 200 yards rushing

Post by duck Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 pm

And we still lose???

This game was weird and it was ugly.  I'm still trying to sort it all out.

The good news is that it was against an AFC team away.  Of all the games to lose, it was the one that has the least impact.  The score doesn't bother me nearly as much as all the injuries.  Starks we can obviously live without.  The guy just can't seem to stay healthy.  The injuries to Finley and especially Matthews really suck.  Our defense was playing great until CM3 hurt his hamstring and things went to hell after that.

Who was that guy masquerading as Aaron Rodgers today?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

16 point lead, 4 takeaways, almost 200 yards rushing Empty Re: 16 point lead, 4 takeaways, almost 200 yards rushing

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:49 pm

duck wrote:And we still lose???

This game was weird and it was ugly.  I'm still trying to sort it all out.

The good news is that it was against an AFC team away.  Of all the games to lose, it was the one that has the least impact.  The score doesn't bother me nearly as much as all the injuries.  Starks we can obviously live without.  The guy just can't seem to stay healthy.  The injuries to Finley and especially Matthews really suck.  Our defense was playing great until CM3 hurt his hamstring and things went to hell after that.

Who was that guy masquerading as Aaron Rodgers today?
Brett Favre.........with those STUPID EFFEN INTs at the most INOPPORTUNE EFFEN Times.   What the hell is going on out there? 

Great to see Franklin excel.   Agree about Starks.......always getting hurt.   This hamstring shit is bullshit too.  No excuses.........TT and his masterminded backup team and MM and his masterminded kick return team came through with shining colors again.    BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

With any luck this is the last of the turnover games for the Packers this season.   And yes......10-6 could really be real.

GO STEELERs !!   confused
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

16 point lead, 4 takeaways, almost 200 yards rushing Empty Re: 16 point lead, 4 takeaways, almost 200 yards rushing

Post by JnC4GB Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:20 pm

My least favorite thing about Rodger's game is if he has a couple of picks he'll get a case of "I carefully check my stats Steve Young-itus" and no longer will put his balls on the table when it comes to threading the needle down field. When he does go long, he'll put it where his receiver or no one else can get it. Sadly, only Jordy has the skills and speed to "go get it" on those throws. James Jones sure as fuck doesn't.

Only other time he really took a risk down field was early on and he led Finley right into the Safety. You know, the type of throw Jay Cutler makes.

This jittery, double-clutching performance might have been my least favorite game of his career. He even made me empathize with Mike "vapor lock" McCarthy who righteously told him to "SFTU and get back to work."  

Glad we get a Bye next week. Suspect
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:28 pm

JnC4GB wrote:My least favorite thing about Rodger's game is if he has a couple of picks he'll get a case of "I carefully check my stats Steve Young-itus" and no longer will put his balls on the table when it comes to threading the needle down field. When he does go long, he'll put it where his receiver or no one else can get it. Sadly, only Jordy has the skills and speed to "go get it" on those throws. James Jones sure as fuck doesn't.

Only other time he really took a risk down field was early on and he led Finley right into the Safety. You know, the type of throw Jay Cutler makes.

This jittery, double-clutching performance might have been my least favorite game of his career. He even made me empathize with Mike "vapor lock" McCarthy who righteously told him to "SFTU and get back to work."  

You're right, JnC, Rodgers' ultra-conservatism works against us in certain situations.  On our final drive, when we needed a TD and not a FG, I was hoping Rodgers would at some point throw up a deep jump ball.  I didn't think we could dink and dunk our way down the field.  We needed to take a shot deep at some point.  Instead, we got two batted down balls on Rodgers' last two throws.

Hate to say it, but in a situation like that, I'd rather have a gunslinger like Favre.  What's the difference if the game ends in a deep pick or fizzles out on downs at the 20 yard line?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:53 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:My least favorite thing about Rodger's game is if he has a couple of picks he'll get a case of "I carefully check my stats Steve Young-itus" and no longer will put his balls on the table when it comes to threading the needle down field. When he does go long, he'll put it where his receiver or no one else can get it. Sadly, only Jordy has the skills and speed to "go get it" on those throws. James Jones sure as fuck doesn't.

You're right, JnC, Rodgers' ultra-conservatism works against us in certain situations.  On our final drive, when we needed a TD and not a FG, I was hoping Rodgers would at some point throw up a deep jump ball.  I didn't think we could dink and dunk our way down the field.  We needed to take a shot deep at some point.  Instead, we got two batted down balls on Rodgers' last two throws.

Hate to say it, but in a situation like that, I'd rather have a gunslinger like Favre.  What's the difference if the game ends in a deep pick or fizzles out on downs at the 20 yard line?
My least favorite play of the day was the dive play to Franklin on 4th and inches.

Rookie scatback playing his first game.
Our OL sucks at this play and always has.

ANY play would've been a better choice, but THAT was the knife in the neck moment IMO. Shoulda play-actioned and gone for the end zone...or at least bootlegged it to the sideline. That play (and its aftermath) and Rodgers' pick on the Bengal 5 fucked. us. dead.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
duck wrote:

My least favorite play of the day was the dive play to Franklin on 4th and inches.

ANY play would've been a better choice, but THAT was the knife in the neck moment IMO. Shoulda play-actioned and gone for the end zone...or at least bootlegged it to the sideline. That play (and its aftermath) and Rodgers' pick on the Bengal 5 fucked. us. dead.

I don't disagree with the decision to go for it but that was a truly awful play call.  Talk about optimizing the worst attributes of your players.  And to think McCarthy had all sorts of time to think about it.  

It marred what would otherwise have been a fantastic debut for Franklin.  I still think on balance he had a fine game.

Another player whose performance was quite similar was Shields.  Yes, he had one bad play but for the most part he did an outstanding job on Green.  Has anyone else notice his tackling is much improved?  I think he's finally turning into a quality cornerback.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:24 pm

on that endzone play where rodgers got smashed short,ross was in for cobb and it was supposed to fool the bengals but ross didnt turn it up as he ran with the goalline and maybe arod should have thrown it anyhow to ross.Anything from within 5 yards of the endzone is our kryptonite,fatty dont have any innovative plays.Also after watching the bears tonight i see cuntler laying out a db on a 12 yard run,he didnt slide and it sparked his recievers and then cuntler made a terrific pass and catch for a td to seal the game.Bears are lookin stout on offense this year.I think arod needs a little bit of favres gunslinger dna in him,i am startin to lose faith in his ability when game is on the line or a comeback against a good defense.Arod is becomming the new Crosby when it comes to clutch.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 am

JnC4GB wrote:My least favorite play of the day was the dive play to Franklin on 4th and inches.

I forgot to add that we didn't have a fucking Fullback for that play either.

Here's McCarthy's dickless response when asked about it:

"“It was an inches play. I felt we could convert. That’s why I called the play. When it works, it’s the players’ execution. When it doesn’t, it’s the play-caller,” McCarthy said.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 pm

duck wrote:

MM admitted this may have been the toughest game of his career to call. Probably because of what he had left on offense. ARod hardly had the time to throw long except in desparation. Maybe we get an interference penalty. He should have thrown that long ball out of bounds to Cobb. He was completely covered. Only a Randy Moss or a Calvin Johnson can go up for one of those and maybe draw flag if not make the catch. We could have came out of that drive with at least 3 more.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Woulda Coulda Shoulda ........... Outplayed and Outcoached and Outhustled.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down