Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Bad

+2
duck
JnC4GB
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Breaking Bad Empty Breaking Bad

Post by JnC4GB Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Anyone else get their mind COMPLETELY FUCKING MELTED by Breaking Bad last night?

I woke in a cold sweat around 2am...bounce
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad Empty Re: Breaking Bad

Post by duck Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:17 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Anyone else get their mind COMPLETELY FUCKING MELTED by Breaking Bad last night?

I woke in a cold sweat around 2am...bounce

Yeah, it was intense.  There were so many plot developments for one episode!  Hard to believe it's all going to get wrapped up in two more weeks.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:31 pm

I think Breaking Bad is the best written, best acted show on television.  It sucks that Hank had to bite the dust, but it was inevitable.  I'll be pissed if Walt gets away clean, but I don't see that happening.  Last night's episode was the best by far up to this point.  It opens the way for numerous possible conclusions. 

Btw, how is everything in Packerland?  Going much better than the Vikes, as usual.    Hi to HD, Duck, JnC and the gang.  Nothing happening on the Vikings board except lots of excuses.

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:38 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:I think Breaking Bad is the best written, best acted show on television.  It sucks that Hank had to bite the dust, but it was inevitable.  I'll be pissed if Walt gets away clean, but I don't see that happening.  Last night's episode was the best by far up to this point.  It opens the way for numerous possible conclusions. 

Btw, how is everything in Packerland?  Going much better than the Vikes, as usual.    Hi to HD, Duck, JnC and the gang.  Nothing happening on the Vikings board except lots of excuses.
Great to see you, Mr. Ed! How have you been?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 pm

MB20 wrote:
MrEd4748 wrote:I think Breaking Bad is the best written, best acted show on television.  It sucks that Hank had to bite the dust, but it was inevitable.  I'll be pissed if Walt gets away clean, but I don't see that happening.  Last night's episode was the best by far up to this point.  It opens the way for numerous possible conclusions. 

Hey there, MB!  Doing well.  How's it going?  Decided to pay a visit over here because other than one or two decent Vikings fans, all that's going on over there is 'ol Thor tearing it up with assinine posts and insults.  He just can't handle me having a civil conversation with a Packer fan.  I've officially made his douchebag list.  Seriously, the boy resorts to name calling because he can't handle the truth.  Check it out.  I asked a legit question about Adrian Peterson, and he calls me horsebreath and a douchebag.  It might be funny if it weren't so sad.   Laughing

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 am

I've never watched it, not a big lover of TV. Is it worth watching? Give me the Reader's Digest version of it. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:10 am

Welcome aboard, Mr. Ed.

May I recommend a photo for you to use with your screen name?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:20 am

CatalinaMinx wrote:I've never watched it, not a big lover of TV. Is it worth watching? Give me the Reader's Digest version of it. 

Cat, like many people, for most of the 70's, 80's and 90's I used to dismiss television as the boob tube.  However since the advent of the Sopranos on HBO it has become IMHO the most exciting entertainment form right now.  There is so much creative talent in television right now!

Breaking Bad is the story of a chemistry teacher who gets lung cancer and decides to cook meth to ensure his family's future financial well-being.  He enlists the services of a former student, a fuck up and a user himself, to help him.  In a plot twist, his brother-in-law is a DEA agent who ends up being hot on his trail.  More than that, the show is a riveting character study of the gradual transformation of a nerdly teacher into a heartless ruthless drug lord.

Check it out.  One of the best shows I've ever watched!!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:45 am

duck wrote:

Welcome aboard, Mr. Ed.

Hey there, Duck!  Thanks for the photo, but I'm afraid it's much too flattering for me.   Laughing

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:02 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:
duck wrote:

Welcome aboard, Mr. Ed.

Hey there, Duck!  Thanks for the photo, but I'm afraid it's much too flattering for me.   Laughing

I can relate.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:I've never watched it, not a big lover of TV. Is it worth watching? Give me the Reader's Digest version of it. 
I would recommend watching the story unfold from the beginning.  All the previous seasons are on Netflix.  It's starts off a little slow, but each episode leaves you hanging and waiting for what happens next.  As Duck said, there are many plot twists and it isn't your typical television drama.  Bryan Cranston plays the lead character and he's won four Emmys for his performances.

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks guys. I may have to check it out. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:51 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Hey there, MB!  Doing well.  How's it going?  Decided to pay a visit over here because other than one or two decent Vikings fans, all that's going on over there is 'ol Thor tearing it up with assinine posts and insults.  He just can't handle me having a civil conversation with a Packer fan.  I've officially made his douchebag list.  Seriously, the boy resorts to name calling because he can't handle the truth.  Check it out.  I asked a legit question about Adrian Peterson, and he calls me horsebreath and a douchebag.  It might be funny if it weren't so sad.   Laughing
You're obviously livin' right, then:lol:  Don't be a stranger.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok, so I caught the first episode of season 1...mostly out of curiosity from everyone talking about it and not just here...I found myself getting ready to watch episode 6 and it was already 1 in the morning, so I turned it off and went to bed. I'm not sure what to think of it at this point, its different I'll give it that. But strangely I found myself wanting to see what happened next. The bathtub scene was certainly memorable. LOL I watch Sons of Anarchy, Chicago Fire and a couple of the Real Housewives shows and that's about the extent of my television viewing. Overall I find most television shows to be quite boring. Who knows, I might add this one to my list to watch on a regular basis. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:Ok, so I caught the first episode of season 1...mostly out of curiosity from everyone talking about it and not just here...I found myself getting ready to watch episode 6 and it was already 1 in the morning, so I turned it off and went to bed. I'm not sure what to think of it at this point, its different I'll give it that. But strangely I found myself wanting to see what happened next. The bathtub scene was certainly memorable. LOL I watch Sons of Anarchy, Chicago Fire and a couple of the Real Housewives shows and that's about the extent of my television viewing. Overall I find most television shows to be quite boring. Who knows, I might add this one to my list to watch on a regular basis. 
Cat,

The thing I've found that was unusual about this show is unlike most shows which reach an early peak and then decline in quality as the years go by, this one gets better each passing season.

To be honest I didn't get hardcore about it until the end of Season 2 when they revealed what the hell the stuffed animal in the pool was all about. affraid
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:Ok, so I caught the first episode of season 1...mostly out of curiosity from everyone talking about it and not just here...I found myself getting ready to watch episode 6 and it was already 1 in the morning, so I turned it off and went to bed. I'm not sure what to think of it at this point, its different I'll give it that. But strangely I found myself wanting to see what happened next. The bathtub scene was certainly memorable. LOL I watch Sons of Anarchy, Chicago Fire and a couple of the Real Housewives shows and that's about the extent of my television viewing. Overall I find most television shows to be quite boring. Who knows, I might add this one to my list to watch on a regular basis. 
Cat,

The thing I've found that was unusual about this show is unlike most shows which reach an early peak and then decline in quality as the years go by, this one gets better each passing season.

To be honest I didn't get hardcore about it until the end of Season 2 when they revealed what the hell the stuffed animal in the pool was all about. affraid
Its actually not bad, I don't even turn the tv on until around 10 or 11 at night and even then sometimes I'll fall asleep...so I have a ways to go to catch up. LOL
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Ok, so I have a bone to pick with you guys, just when I start to enjoy Breaking Bad...I find out it comes crashing to an end tonight. What a waste of time. Mad
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 am

Even though I wasn't caught up on all seasons I figured what the hell and watched the series finale anyway, the show was ending so it didn't seem to matter. What did you all think of the finale? 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:37 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:Even though I wasn't caught up on all seasons I figured what the hell and watched the series finale anyway, the show was ending so it didn't seem to matter. What did you all think of the finale? 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 pm

The use of Marty Robbins' "El Paso" was brilliant as well. SO MANY parallels...

My favorite song use, though, will always be this one:

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:00 pm

JnC4GB wrote:The use of Marty Robbins' "El Paso" was brilliant as well. SO MANY parallels...

All good, JnC.  You're right, "Crystal Blue Persuasion" might have been the best song use in the entire show but "Baby Blue" was the best closing pitch I've ever seen in a TV series.  Gilligan closes the inning and the game with a fastball down the middle.

Cat, you're wondering what our reactions were to the final episode.  I loved it.  Sometimes it takes a day or two to digest and reflect and, having done so, I like it more than I did Sunday night.  Unlike The Sopranos and Lost, we got closure and it was emotionally satisfying.  Lots of damn good acting in the final episode, especially Walt and Skyler in their farewell scene and Jesse in the final scene.

Standing ovation from this fan.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 pm

Okay... so now you know how I met Beer's mom.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 am

JnC4GB wrote:The use of Marty Robbins' "El Paso" was brilliant as well. SO MANY parallels...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Both this, and your example is sure genius... 

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:52 am

_HD_ wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:Even though I wasn't caught up on all seasons I figured what the hell and watched the series finale anyway, the show was ending so it didn't seem to matter. What did you all think of the finale? 
I love that they chose that song. 

CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 am

_HD_ wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Both this, and your example is sure genius... 
YES! Loved that! 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next