Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Claiborne ready to deal with shoulder injury

Go down

*Claiborne ready to deal with shoulder injury Empty *Claiborne ready to deal with shoulder injury

Post by KeithUCF Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 pm

IRVING, Texas -- The good news for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is that his left shoulder will not require surgery. The bad news is that the injury will linger for most of the season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Claiborne
“It’s just something I’m going to have to deal with,” Claiborne said. “Can’t do nothing about it. It came out. Put it back, and I’ve just got to deal with it.”

Claiborne suffered a dislocated left shoulder in the third quarter of Sunday’s 36-31 win against the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as he made a tackle on tight end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. He missed a handful of plays before returning to action wearing a harness.

He said he will practice Wednesday and play Sunday at Kansas City.

“I wore [the harness] a little bit at the game, but it didn’t really restrict me or nothing,” Claiborne said. “So I’ll see going up for balls in practice this week if it’s any different.”

Claiborne did not play a preseason game because of a jammed knee and missed one game in 2012 as a rookie due to a concussion. He has been slowed by knee and ankle injuries at different times after arriving with a wrist injury that kept him off the field until his first training camp last year.

“I’m used to it now,” a disappointed Claiborne said. “I’m just going with it.”
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down