Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Tony Romo has bruised ribs

Go down

*Tony Romo has bruised ribs Empty *Tony Romo has bruised ribs

Post by KeithUCF Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:47 pm

IRVING, Texas -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] suffered bruised ribs in Sunday's 36-31 win against the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but should not miss any practice time, according to sources.

X-rays showed Romo did not suffer any breaks resulting from hits by Giants defensive linemen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] late in the second quarter. After the game, Romo said he would be fine and ready to play at Kansas City in Week 2.
"I've been told that they're negative, which is a positive, meaning not broken, so that's a good thing," coach Jason Garrett said of Romo's X-rays.
Garrett said he did not anticipate Romo wearing any additional padding this week. Romo already wears a rib protector. In 2011 he wore an extra protective vest after suffering a fractured rib and punctured lung against San Francisco in Week 2.
"There really was no doubt in my mind that he was going to go back in the game and play," Garrett said. "When I heard it was a rib, I said, 'You know, he'll be OK.' [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] got one snap right before halftime but Tony just shook it off and came back and played the second half ... Tony has a track record for us not only fighting through it but playing well with the injury."
Also, Cowboys wide receiver [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] suffered a sprained foot late in the fourth quarter.
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

*Tony Romo has bruised ribs Empty Re: *Tony Romo has bruised ribs

Post by KeithUCF Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm

He definitely looked like he was in some pain there for a little while.  When he was laying on the ground for that brief period, I thought it was gonna be bad news.  Reminded me of the time he broke his collarbone? a few seasons ago.  If I remember correctly that game was also against the Giants as well.  Fortunately it doesn't look too bad and he should be fine going forward.
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down