Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steelers' leave me shaking my head on some of these signings...

3 posters

Go down

The Steelers' leave me shaking my head on some of these signings... Empty The Steelers' leave me shaking my head on some of these signings...

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey, I'm just a fan so what do I know?

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Steelers' leave me shaking my head on some of these signings... Empty Re: The Steelers' leave me shaking my head on some of these signings...

Post by RLON39 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Eh, they should have signed Starks and created an open competition at LT.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Steelers' leave me shaking my head on some of these signings... Empty Re: The Steelers' leave me shaking my head on some of these signings...

Post by Admin Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:03 pm

RLON39 wrote:Eh, they should have signed Starks and created an open competition at LT.

Starks would been a disaster in the zone blocking scheme they're now using. Too slow and lead footed. Let San Diego have him... see if Rivers buddies up to him like Ben did.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Yes, he would have been a disaster, in a scheme they haven't even proven capable of running yet, and according to what the media puts out there. Starks would have been fine, and power run blocking approaches will still be very prevalent within the Steelers offense. I'm not buying that we will not miss Starks, Lewis, and Harrison. We will miss all three, at least when the season starts IMO.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 pm

RLON39 wrote:Yes, he would have been a disaster, in a scheme they haven't even proven capable of running yet, and according to what the media puts out there. Starks would have been fine, and power run blocking approaches will still be very prevalent within the Steelers offense. I'm not buying that we will not miss Starks, Lewis, and Harrison. We will miss all three, at least when the season starts IMO.

I'm sure we'll miss those 3.  The zone blocking scheme seem to be exactly what the steelers need at this point. I believe they have the athletes to run it. they are committed to it. you can say goodbye to the old power scheme. I'm looking forward to seeing it blossom in preseason. I'm more worried about quality backups at this point. Considering what we have seen in the way of injuries the past few seasons. By the way... Bell is the real deal. We all should get used to see large doses of him... barring injury that is. PS: I don't care what the media says... they  don't play football... they write about it. the local media, which has several ex steeler linemen, are giving rave to the oline and it's execution of the zone scheme so far.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:36 pm

You can say goodbye to the old power scheme? It's impossible to wipe out all remnants of said scheme, for this team at this time IMO. Let's see how the season pans out before we take every little preseason article, written by media in a kiss up attempt and to guarantee maximum access to the team during the season, so literally. I believe we will see more outside zone blocking...at the least. The best thing about LeVeon Bell is his broad skill set. He can run with power, vision, and good feet...he also is a very good receiver out of the backfield, and at least potentially, can be a very good pass blocker (this latter skill has been improving every day in camp, at least according to those objective articles Wink

By the way, I don't know what it is about Willie Colon...the emdia loves to fawn over him despite how poorly he plays. Yes, he is a scapper, and better suited to guard, but he was getting abused by Suh....and committed multiple penalties in his short time on the field for the Jets. A better question is how the Steelers kept this guy at tackle for so long....6 freakin' 3 and looks over 335 at least.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:02 pm

RLON39 wrote:You can say goodbye to the old power scheme? It's impossible to wipe out all remnants of said scheme, for this team at this time IMO. Let's see how the season pans out before we take every little preseason article, written by media in a kiss up attempt and to guarantee maximum access to the team during the season, so literally. I believe we will see more outside zone blocking...at the least. The best thing about LeVeon Bell is his broad skill set. He can run with power, vision, and good feet...he also is a very good receiver out of the backfield, and at least potentially, can be a very good pass blocker (this latter skill has been improving every day in camp, at least according to those objective articles Wink

By the way, I don't know what it is about Willie Colon...the emdia loves to fawn over him despite how poorly he plays. Yes, he is a scapper, and better suited to guard, but he was getting abused by Suh....and committed multiple penalties in his short time on the field for the Jets. A better question is how the Steelers kept this guy at tackle for so long....6 freakin' 3 and looks over 335 at least.
 HA, I love how you say, "objective articles."  Laughing

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:30 pm

What??? Bell is not playing? What the f is going on with all of these injuries...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:40 pm

First thoughts on offense...definitely running more outside zone scheme. Will Johnson will catch at least 20 first down passes this year and help off set millers injury

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:49 pm

RLON39 wrote:What??? Bell is not playing? What the f is going on with all of these injuries...
A sore ankle is not worthy of taking off his first preseason game unless it is something the doctors think could cause problems in the future.  From my perspective, I just don't see it.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:51 pm

I don't know that any other team has so many injuries from the preseason...perhaps Tomlin needs to dial back the physicality before he has no team to field.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:54 pm

WOO!  I love this little running back of ours!  WOW!!!

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Good gracious!  Stephens-Howling is amazing!

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down