Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would BB be desperate enough?

2 posters

Go down

Would BB be desperate enough? Empty Would BB be desperate enough?

Post by George1963 Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:42 am

I hope not. At this point this kid needs to be protected from himself.

Austin Collie, not long ago a promising young receiver, waits for a team to sign him

As most fans know, Collie's career was derailed by injuries, particularly concussions. He was carted off the field when he suffered a vicious concussion at Philadelphia. He was on the field two weeks later. Later in the season, on a seam route against Jacksonville, linebacker Daryl Smith knocked him out. Collie had eight catches for 87 yards in the second quarter of that game but didn't return, which is fitting of his career.
Now Collie, who suffered at least one more concussion that was confirmed, against Pittsburgh in the preseason last year, waits. A knee injury limited him to one game and one catch last season. He's gone so far as to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he'd sign a waiver, if a team is worried about his concussion history, just to get a shot.
"I'll sign a waiver, all right?" he told USA Today. "They're not going to have to worry about me suing. I'll hold myself to be accountable."
He's just 27, and has never signed the big contract that looked like he would get when he was one of the NFL's bright young stars a few years ago. Now he's hoping for a job. Nobody is in a rush to give him one.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Would BB be desperate enough? Empty Re: Would BB be desperate enough?

Post by LRJets Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down