Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full page ad

3 posters

Go down

Full page ad Empty Full page ad

Post by guppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:56 am

in the Globe today.  Too bad Ray Allen left the way he did, otherwise he would have been peacefully traded to wherever he wanted to go, and he would have been celebrated in the ad too.

Thank you Truth and KG for all the highlight moments you provided.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Full page ad Empty Re: Full page ad

Post by LRJets Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 pm

So what you're saying it's not Ray Allen's tenure as a Celtic, it's the way he left that leads to no respectful exit?

Leads me to wonder when KG comes back to Boston, will an existing Celtic rudely turn his head on KG, when the latter comes over to greet the Boston bench?   Oops, don't think that scene will ever happen. 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 pm

LRJets wrote:So what you're saying it's not Ray Allen's tenure as a Celtic, it's the way he left that leads to no respectful exit?

Yes. 

Leads me to wonder when KG comes back to Boston, will an existing Celtic rudely turn his head on KG, when the latter comes over to greet the Boston bench?   Oops, don't think that scene will ever happen. 

No it won't happen.  An existing Celtic, say, Jeff Green or Rajon Rondo, will embrace Brooklyn Net Kevin Garnett when he comes over to exchange pleasantries with the Boston bench.  Likewise, Boston fans will give standing ovations to Truth and KG when they come back in Net uniforms for the first time.  People still love them and understand why this trade had to happen for both sides - players and management.  It had to be done, and it was bittersweet.  People get that.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Ray Allen, who himself chose to leave, go to Miami of all places, for less money.  So your point is right on:  KG and Pierce are in one category, and Ray Allen is in another as far as Boston's affections are concerned.  Despite all of Ray Allen's contributions, which are certainly appreciated, because of how he exited, he is no longer thought of in the same vein as Pierce and KG.  Nor should he be. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Bledsoe did much the same thing, didn't he? Pretty classy.

Gup, one thing you said was funny to me. Boston fans hate Allen because he went to a rival for less money. They hate Damon because he did it for more.
If Brady went to Canada for the same $, would that be ok?   Smile
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:18 pm

I didn,t read the text of the ad. It's to them, not from them. Crass Celtic pr move.  lol
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:14 pm

George1963 wrote:I didn,t read the text of the ad.

George my man, speaking of funny, you didn't read the text of the ad or understood that it was from the team to the players thanking them for their exceptional service, not from the players to the fans, before you jumped the gun to speak.  I'm shocked.  Shocked I tell you.  lol. 

It's to them, not from them. Crass Celtic pr move.  lol

Crass pr move?  LOL.  Good one.  Since when have the beloved Boston Celtics, the original royalty of the sport of professional basketball, a team whose nation of fans that span generations and bleed green for life, ever needed pr? 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:33 pm

George1963 wrote:
Gup, one thing you said was funny to me. Boston fans hate Allen because he went to a rival for less money. They hate Damon because he did it for more.
If Brady went to Canada for the same $, would that be ok?   Smile

They don't hate Damon for leaving for more money.  They hate -- rather hated (its kinda ovah now) -- Damon because he went to the Yankees.  If he took the money to go to ANY other team and then came back, he probably would have been welcomed like a returning son.  It was the Yankees, man.  I don't need to say any more.  That's just the way it is around here.  See "true" story below.  lol.

A family of New York fans headed out one Saturday to shop for the youngest boy's birthday. While in the sports shop the son picks up a Red Sox jersey and says to his older sister, "I've decided to become a Red Sox fan and I would like this Boston jersey for my birthday."

His big sister is outraged by this and promptly whacks him upside his head and says, "Go talk to mother." Off goes the little lad with the jersey in hand and finds his mother.

"Mom?"

"Yes, son?"

"I've decided I'm going to be a Red Sox fan and I would like this jersey for my birthday."

The mother is outraged at this, promptly whacks him around the head and says, "Go talk to your father!" Off he goes with the Red Sox jersey in hand and finds his father.

"Dad?"

"Yes, son?"

"I've decided I'm going to be a Red Sox fan and I would like this jersey for my birthday."

The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son in the back of his head and says, "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT!"

About half an hour later they're all back in the car and heading towards home. The father turns to his son and says "Son, I hope you've learned something today?"

The son says, "Yes, Dad, I have."

"Good son, what is it?"

The son replies, "I've only been a Red Sox fan for an hour and I already hate you Yankee bastards."

As for Brady.  It would definitely not be OK for him to go anywhere.  Because then it would be about money over love.  If someone we love chooses money over our love, that would be the ultimate hurt, and then they're dead to us.  LOL.    It would be like seeing something like this:   GROSS!

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:37 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:I didn,t read the text of the ad.

George my man, speaking of funny, you didn't read the text of the ad or understood that it was from the team to the players thanking them for their exceptional service, not from the players to the fans, before you jumped the gun to speak.  I'm shocked.  Shocked I tell you.  lol. 

It's to them, not from them. Crass Celtic pr move.  lol

Crass pr move?  LOL.  Good one.  Since when have the beloved Boston Celtics, the original royalty of the sport of professional basketball, a team whose nation of fans that span generations and bleed green for life, ever needed pr? 

Easy there Tiger. I was kidding, it's a classy thing for the Celts to have done. Of course, it would have been nice if KG and Pierce had bought the next page for a thank you of their own.
Punks.      Surprised 
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:47 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Punks.      Surprised 

Nah, not punks.  Just an old school INTIMIDATOR.  LOL.

Look at Ben Gordon leaning away from KG.  Whatsamatter Ben, you afraid?  LOL.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:02 pm

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:22 pm

guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ain't dreaming nice?  Smile 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:41 am

It would be like seeing something like this:   GROSS!

Ew. Some people should play their whole careers with the team they started with. Even if it hurts the team like it did at the end of the original big three with the Celts. It's much harder today. Peyton won't, Brady probably won't, but they just should.

Last edited by George1963 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:46 am

Look at Ben Gordon leaning away from KG.  Whatsamatter Ben, you afraid?  LOL.

KG's been running his mouth for so long I doubt Gordon even hears it. It's the White Mamba he's afraid of. Gingers are creepy.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:32 pm

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick