Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Here We Go!

2 posters

Go down

2013 Here We Go! Empty 2013 Here We Go!

Post by TuckAndRoll Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:21 am

Time to wake up KC fans!

2013 might just be the start of something great. I love the acquisition of Andy Reid (at least for this season). I see Reid coming in very motivated and with that attitude becoming contagious in the locker room and on the field.

I know that the pendants all say that the QB job is Smith's, but I'm expecting to see a battle royale competition between Smith and Daniel's and I expect Reid not to waffle in making his decision. Some QB controversies can produce a positive outcome if managed correctly. However, I don't believe a 2 win team that is becoming acquainted with a whole new management program, has the maturity to deal with an immediate - team leader controversy. Even though the risk of dividing the locker room early in the season would be much lower for a team like this with a situation such as this.

There are a couple of rooster concerns that really need to be addressed - #1) Center - This team has NO dependable center! Rodney Hudson can't stay healthy, Jeff Allen has no business lining up there and the new boy on the block is a mediocre talent with limited playing time as a center. Reid needs to put this problem at or near the top of his list and fix it FAST.

#2) Tight End. - This team never even came close to filly Tony G's shoes. Since arriving 4 years ago now, Tony Moeaki has earned the title of 'Mr. Injury'. So now they bring in old man Anthony Fasano and draft a college basketball player named Demetrius Harris who himself admits - "I ain't there"! I know that Tony Gonzales was a good b-ball player who turned into the greatest tight end ever, but it's time to let it go! You're not going to find another Gonzales just by drafting a basketball player or continually filling the position with tight ends with the first name of Tony. This is a troubling roster spot for the Chiefs this season and especially for a team playing a west coast offence. I'm hoping their other draftee - Travis Kelce turns out to be the real deal.

I'm not going to address the defense. After such promising projections for the 2012 squad and ending up a colossal disappointment, I can't see anything other than a vast improvement.

Overall, I'd say that this is the first season in quite a while where I actually have some fairly high expectations for the Chiefs. In fact, I'll go out on a limb right now and predict that they make the playoffs as a wildcard. They have a medium-soft schedule with a couple of games that I see as close to 'sure wins' as you're gonna get in this league.

What do you all say - any thoughts - predictions?

Last edited by TuckAndRoll on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TuckAndRoll
TuckAndRoll

Back to top Go down

2013 Here We Go! Empty Re: 2013 Here We Go!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:58 pm

KC should do better this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by TuckAndRoll Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 am

Dmounts wrote:KC should do better this year.

Thanks for the reply, I was beginning think that there were no Chiefs fans on this site.

Yeah, the change at GM, head coach and qb has me actually expecting them to be competing for a playoff spot this year.

I believe that there is a pretty solid core of quality players on this team and if they can avoid season killing costly injuries this year, then they should have a shot. And the big changes at coach and GM, should definitely help! I'll bet you're going to see a whole new attitude (hopeful & confident) coming from the Chiefs this season.

What to expect from Reid and Smith (both, whom are known, dependable commodities) - is all positive. John Dorsey on the other hand, (rookie GM) is relatively unknown with the exception of NFL insiders, draft geek's and extreme Packer enthusiasts. But from everything I've read about this guy - he sounds like a consummate professional who has leaned his craft from some of the NFL's best behind the scenes football managers. Up to now, he hasn't disappointed.

However, because this is the first time that this group will have all worked together, there will undoubtedly be more than a few personal challenges confronting each of them. How they handle those early challenges will go a long way in determining their future successes or failures as an organization.

So I do realize that the jury is still out on the whole lot of them until they have proven they've got what it takes to put a team on the field that can rack up some W's.

So far, things are looking promising and after last season, that is exactly what the doctor has ordered for us beleaguered KC fans.
TuckAndRoll
TuckAndRoll

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:47 am

[b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); line-height: 18.1875px; background-color: rgb(225, 235, 242);"]Thanks for the reply, I was beginning think that there were no Chiefs fans on this site.[/b]

That's ok, there doesn't appear to be too many Cowboys fans here either. LOL
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by TuckAndRoll Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:04 am

CatalinaMinx wrote:[b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); line-height: 18.18px; background-color: rgb(225, 235, 242);"]Thanks for the reply, I was beginning think that there were no Chiefs fans on this site.[/b]

Well, that's ok by me, I wasn't exactly looking for Cowboy fans comments on the Chiefs - but if Chiefs fans are currently in a comma - I'll take on whatever comes along - Including Cowboy fans!

Thanks for dropping by and paying me a visit.Very Happy 
TuckAndRoll
TuckAndRoll

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:30 am

TuckAndRoll wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:[b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); line-height: 18.18px; background-color: rgb(225, 235, 242);"]Thanks for the reply, I was beginning think that there were no Chiefs fans on this site.[/b]

Well, that's ok by me, I wasn't exactly looking for Cowboy fans comments on the Chiefs - but if Chiefs fans are currently in a comma - I'll take on whatever comes along - Including Cowboy fans!

Thanks for dropping by and paying me a visit.Very Happy 

Well I was talking about Cowboy fans on the forum as a whole, but hey, they have me! Very Happy You're welcome, I'll drop by from time to time and make sure you're behaving yourself.  Cool
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down