Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good place to visit...

3 posters

Go down

A good place to visit... Empty A good place to visit...

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 am

Vonta Leach on the way out in Baltimore

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 10, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
Another starter on the defending Super Bowl champions is on the way out.

Ravens fullback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a starter in Baltimore since arriving in 2011, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] after failing to come to terms on a new contract, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Leach, whose current contract calls for him to earn a $3 million base salary in 2013, said last week that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a deal could get worked out for him to remain with the Ravens. But he added that if it doesn’t work out, “I feel like I still can play in this league and I’ll have a job somewhere.”

The 31-year-old Leach is still a good lead blocker and capable of contributing to some NFL team, but it looks like that team will not be the Ravens. And Baltimore will turn to fourth-round rookie [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s lead blocker.

See? Score another lost opportunity for the albino... The best fullback in football is too expensive for the superbowl champs at $3M/season but someone the likes of John Kuhn (1+ full steps down) is AOK at $2.4M/year in green bay because he looks like the guy in the apron who works at the Oneida True Value fucking hardware store. Pass me the paint thinner... Wink

Back to top Go down

A good place to visit... Empty Re: A good place to visit...

Post by duck Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am

_HD_ wrote:Vonta Leach on the way out in Baltimore

Ravens fullback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a starter in Baltimore since arriving in 2011, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] after failing to come to terms on a new contract, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Leach, whose current contract calls for him to earn a $3 million base salary in 2013, said last week that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a deal could get worked out for him to remain with the Ravens. But he added that if it doesn’t work out, “I feel like I still can play in this league and I’ll have a job somewhere.”

The 31-year-old Leach is still a good lead blocker and capable of contributing to some NFL team, but it looks like that team will not be the Ravens. And Baltimore will turn to fourth-round rookie [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s lead blocker.

See? Score another lost opportunity for the albino... The best fullback in football is too expensive for the superbowl champs at $3M/season but someone the likes of John Kuhn (1+ full steps down) is AOK at $2.4M/year in green bay because he looks like the guy in the apron who works at the Oneida True Value fucking hardware store. Pass me the paint thinner... Wink

We've already discussed the fact that John Kuhn is overpaid and of course that not only means it's wasted cap space for the Packers but forfeited opportunity with regards to landing a player like Leach. I don't understand TT sometimes. I don't believe however that Kuhn was retained at his salary because he resonates with the cornbread white fan base. TT's errors don't follow any sort of color line. After all, he made a more potentially disastrous offer to Jennings who is black. Could it be that he and MM simply overestimate Kuhn's value??

On another note, it's interesting to see how devalued the position of fullback has become over the years. Under Lombardi, fullback was a premiere position. Just ask Jim Taylor. Now, with the emphasis on the passing game, it's a marginal position that commands relatively little salary.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Vonta Leach on the way out in Baltimore

We've already discussed the fact that John Kuhn is overpaid and of course that not only means it's wasted cap space for the Packers but forfeited opportunity with regards to landing a player like Leach. I don't understand TT sometimes. I don't believe however that Kuhn was retained at his salary because he resonates with the cornbread white fan base. Oooooooh... Very wrong about that. Popularity in Green Bay is HUGE in personnel decision making. KGB, Harris...Obviously Driver and Jennings most recently. TT leaves precious resources tied up in underperforming assets often...and it always follows the same trend. TT's errors don't follow any sort of color line. No color line but popularity line--absolutely. After all, he made a more potentially disastrous offer to Jennings who is black. Could it be that he and MM simply overestimate Kuhn's value??

The whole Brett Favre ordeal exhausted TT's super secret extended nut sack capacity in dealing with personnel scenarios where fan popularity conflicts with business interests. He just avoids it now... Kuhn should be at the league minimum ($800K) and happy to fucking get it. That's what the market would dictate if he were released--so give him an extra $200K so Ringo can fog KUUUUUUUUHN with his garlic summer sausage/paint-thinner breath throughout his section and drop him from $2.6 to an even $1M. He's a half-way decent FB--that's all...making over 3X what he deserves. Next year he'll even be making more than Vonta Leach...and that just isn't right...

An A player at GM clearly sees the opportunity for upgrade and brings Leach in right now at about $2M and releases Kuhn... Way better player for less money. This is why you have a GM. TT would rather flog the bishop... Comfort/complacency breed wasted opportunity. Thank the pansy-ass fluff-boy president with the pork-chop teeth for that...

On another note, it's interesting to see how devalued the position of fullback has become over the years. Under Lombardi, fullback was a premiere position. Just ask Jim Taylor. Now, with the emphasis on the passing game, it's a marginal position that commands relatively little salary.

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Leach is obviously the best at what he does in the game. You wonder how he can be used enough with these single back offenses that love to throw. One team that came to mind was the Detroit Lions. If they ever realize that a FB can be useful it might just change their whole offense and time of possession.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:06 pm

I would rather see Kuhn released.......let the young guys work the backfield in tandem (as long as they can block blitzing LBs). Sure, put Starks and Lacy in the backfield to start the season (Brockington and Lane baby !!!!). Run Cobb in there and craft some misdirection hand off plays whereby the D is flabbergasteredededededededdeaddeaddead when Rodgers pulls off a triple fake..............and rifles a rocket to the rejuvated Finley while Ringo takes a swig of Spotted Cow follow by a chomp on a sauerkrauted bratwurst. Urpppppppppppp!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I would rather see Kuhn released.......let the young guys work the backfield in tandem (as long as they can block blitzing LBs).    Sure, put Starks and Lacy in the backfield to start the season (Brockington and Lane baby !!!!).  Run Cobb in there and craft some misdirection hand off plays whereby the D is flabbergasteredededededededdeaddeaddead when Rodgers pulls off a triple fake..............and rifles a rocket to the rejuvated Finley while Ringo takes a swig of Spotted Cow follow by a chomp on a sauerkrauted bratwurst.   Urpppppppppppp!!

Spotted Cow?  Seriously, Ringo, didn't you learn anything about beer in your visit to Oakland a couple of years ago? Very Happy

Spotted Cow is a weak 4.8% lager that gets mediocre reviews in the Beer Advocate.  You need to move on to the good stuff.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:15 pm

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:I would rather see Kuhn released.......let the young guys work the backfield in tandem (as long as they can block blitzing LBs).    Sure, put Starks and Lacy in the backfield to start the season (Brockington and Lane baby !!!!).  Run Cobb in there and craft some misdirection hand off plays whereby the D is flabbergasteredededededededdeaddeaddead when Rodgers pulls off a triple fake..............and rifles a rocket to the rejuvated Finley while Ringo takes a swig of Spotted Cow follow by a chomp on a sauerkrauted bratwurst.   Urpppppppppppp!!

Spotted Cow?  Seriously, Ringo, didn't you learn anything about beer in your visit to Oakland a couple of years ago? Very Happy

Spotted Cow is a weak 4.8% lager that gets mediocre reviews in the Beer Advocate.  You need to move on to the good stuff.

Good stuff?!  For fuck's sake, Duck--are you forgetting that this is a subject having recently migrated from consuming straight up paint thinner?!  Yes, Spotted Cow is the type of rank swill you'd only use, for example, to help choke down a plate of ribs from Tinucci's--but I'd say that represents significant progress for our dear Ringo here.  Think of your training.  Cause him confusion and he's likely to just revert back to what is comfortable and familiar--and that means PAINT THINNER!!  Dammit to hell.  We just got him to agree with very little in the way of an absurd foray into the obvious that John Kuhn should be cut and you have to go and pull shit like this...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Good stuff?!  For fuck's sake, Duck--are you forgetting that this is a subject having recently migrated from consuming straight up paint thinner?!  Yes, Spotted Cow is the type of rank swill you'd only use, for example, to help choke down a plate of ribs from Tinucci's--but I'd say that represents significant progress for our dear Ringo here.  Think of your training.  Cause him confusion and he's likely to just revert back to what is comfortable and familiar--and that means PAINT THINNER!!  Dammit to hell.  We just got him to agree with very little in the way of an absurd foray into the obvious that John Kuhn should be cut and you have to go and pull shit like this...  Laughing

My apologies, HD. My zeal to play bartender sometimes interferes with my responsibilities as a therapist.  Funny how closely intertwined those two roles can be!

Slurp down those Spotted Cows, Ringo!  Have a little vodka too.  Your liver will appreciate the reprieve.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:47 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

My apologies, HD. My zeal to play bartender sometimes interferes with my responsibilities as a therapist.  Funny how closely intertwined those two roles can be!

Slurp down those Spotted Cows, Ringo!  Have a little vodka too.  Your liver will appreciate the reprieve.

There's a very good little German restaurant on the shores of Lake Superior in Copper Harbor, MI called the Harbor Haus with an outstanding German beer list...  When I was there last about this time last year--I had for the first time what is probably the best beer I've ever had in my life...  It's called Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel.  It's a dark weiss made in the oldest continuing brewery in the world at an ancient monastary in Bavaria--established around the year 1000.  Try it sometime if you can find it.  The Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen is a close second...  IMO, the best of the German beers have no peer worldwide...

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Sounds like an awesome interracial relationship that you found HD.  On the flip side of a DunkelWeiss affair.......have any of you BEER/LAGER/ALE CONNOISSEURS (cough cough........and no, please keep your fingers to yourselves LOL LOL) ever tried Hales Cream Ale out of Seattle, Washington?   That stuff is awesome.   Duck....your Beer Advocate site only gave it an 83.   HD....a few of the write-ups boasted perfect white frothy head.   Interested?

Back to Spotted Cow.......I don't give a dang hoot what Beer Advocate says, the stuff is pretty smooth and on tap at most bars around Lambeau Field (beats the other WI stuff).   Would probably go great next to glass of Henneseys or Midleton (as does Heineken Light).  

Finally as you may recall Duck......for the great 2010 NFC Championship Game at your place.......I went cold turkey straight up throughout the entire game.  It was a long day flying cross-country, and then finding George and Walts place I had to concentrate on the game.  Will never forget the BJ Raji play!!  By the time I got back over the bridge to my hotel I was ready for some gin and some good ole Steelers playoff football at some non-trendy San Francisco downtown sports bar establishment. 

First time I ever had Weiss bier was at about age 17 at Riese's in Chicago.  See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    Best Weiss beer IMHO is the stuff you get a Pyramid Ale House in Seattle.   

I wonder what would happen if you mixed Guinness Stout with Pyramid Weiss? 

GO PACK GO.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Sounds like an awesome interracial relationship that you found HD.  On the flip side of a DunkelWeiss affair.......have any of you BEER/LAGER/ALE CONNOISSEURS (cough cough........and no, please keep your fingers to yourselves LOL LOL) ever tried Hales Cream Ale out of Seattle, Washington?   That stuff is awesome.   Duck....your Beer Advocate site only gave it an 83.   HD....a few of the write-ups boasted perfect white frothy head.   Interested?

Back to Spotted Cow.......I don't give a dang hoot what Beer Advocate says, the stuff is pretty smooth and on tap at most bars around Lambeau Field (beats the other WI stuff).   Would probably go great next to glass of Henneseys or Midleton (as does Heineken Light).  

Finally as you may recall Duck......for the great 2010 NFC Championship Game at your place.......I went cold turkey straight up throughout the entire game.  It was a long day flying cross-country, and then finding George and Walts place I had to concentrate on the game.  Will never forget the BJ Raji play!!  By the time I got back over the bridge to my hotel I was ready for some gin and some good ole Steelers playoff football at some non-trendy San Francisco downtown sports bar establishment. 

First time I ever had Weiss bier was at about age 17 at Riese's in Chicago.  See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    Best Weiss beer IMHO is the stuff you get a Pyramid Ale House in Seattle.   

I wonder what would happen if you mixed Guinness Stout with Pyramid Weiss? 

GO PACK GO.

Yes, I remember and was astonished.  You still worked the crowd rather well.

Honestly I was a bit disappointed to find you sober for such an important game... but I'm glad to know from subsequent discussions that it was just a temporary lapse on your part.  Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:53 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

There's a very good little German restaurant on the shores of Lake Superior in Copper Harbor, MI called the Harbor Haus with an outstanding German beer list...  When I was there last about this time last year--I had for the first time what is probably the best beer I've ever had in my life...  It's called Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel.  It's a dark weiss made in the oldest continuing brewery in the world at an ancient monastary in Bavaria--established around the year 1000.  Try it sometime if you can find it.  The Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen is a close second...  IMO, the best of the German beers have no peer worldwide...

Absolutely.  As much as I love many American microbrews, you can't beat a quality German beer!  I'm particularly fond of the many special Oktoberfest beers most major breweries issue.  I'll look for that dark hefeweizen... sounds yummy.

We occasionally go to Speisekammer, an excellent German restaurant in Alameda (near Oakland) and I look forward to sampling their ever-changing selection of good German beers.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down