Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring me on some Jolly!

5 posters

Go down

Bring me on some Jolly! Empty Bring me on some Jolly!

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now see? There are many, many reasons why someone could be drawn to the allure of the Green Bay Packers; the storied tradition, the legacy of success, the toothless grins and paint-thinner glazed eyes, Wink fuck--the fact that they even continue to exist--the David in a world that panders to the Goliath's...but at the end of the day for me--it exists in large part due to the general sense of class and humanity that the organization holds itself to.

It's true--the Pack has a need for a solid interior lineman--but Jolly is a three-time loser who has repeatedly let his team and the organization down as they've made their draft/FA/roster moves with the expectation that Jolly would be there to fulfill his role on the team. Name me another team in the NFL who would be flying their people down to clap and show their support along with Jolly's family as the Judge signed the order releasing him from the court-ordered treatment program and back into the throes of yet another chance to prevail over his demons...

Why is this? Is TT really just that dandy? Does Shrek have a fantasy of winning the Lady Byng trophy even though he doesn't play hockey? None of the above. It really has nothing to do with the decision-makers who have affected this action because--now we come full circle--it's because of the general sense of class and humanity that the organization holds itself to--the legacy that must be upheld. So you see--it isn't TT or MM who make decisions like this--it's people like Bart Starr and Vince Lombardi who made this decision--the very same people who decided that, for example, Charles Woodson would turn into a man, positive role model and leader when he arrived in GB--donating millions$$$ to cancer hospitals when previously he was nothing but a self-serving punk who looked into his wallet to see his favorite/only charity staring back at him. It's those who defined the identity and established the legacy of what it means to be a Green Bay Packer... Like your family tree--everyone who comes after merely builds on that or detracts from it--but it's far bigger than any one individual...

Yeah--he's a three-time loser...but I'm pulling for Jolly in a big way. We all make mistakes. Those defined by their failures are merely those too weak to overcome them in finding success...

Back to top Go down

Bring me on some Jolly! Empty Re: Bring me on some Jolly!

Post by milani Thu May 23, 2013 5:46 pm

_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now see? There are many, many reasons why someone could be drawn to the allure of the Green Bay Packers; the storied tradition, the legacy of success, the toothless grins and paint-thinner glazed eyes, Wink fuck--the fact that they even continue to exist--the David in a world that panders to the Goliath's...but at the end of the day for me--it exists in large part due to the general sense of class and humanity that the organization holds itself to.

It's true--the Pack has a need for a solid interior lineman--but Jolly is a three-time loser who has repeatedly let his team and the organization down as they've made their draft/FA/roster moves with the expectation that Jolly would be there to fulfill his role on the team. Name me another team in the NFL who would be flying their people down to clap and show their support along with Jolly's family as the Judge signed the order releasing him from the court-ordered treatment program and back into the throes of yet another chance to prevail over his demons...

Why is this? Is TT really just that dandy? Does Shrek have a fantasy of winning the Lady Byng trophy even though he doesn't play hockey? None of the above. It really has nothing to do with the decision-makers who have affected this action because--now we come full circle--it's because of the general sense of class and humanity that the organization holds itself to--the legacy that must be upheld. So you see--it isn't TT or MM who make decisions like this--it's people like Bart Starr and Vince Lombardi who made this decision--the very same people who decided that, for example, Charles Woodson would turn into a man, positive role model and leader when he arrived in GB--donating millions$$$ to cancer hospitals when previously he was nothing but a self-serving punk who looked into his wallet to see his favorite/only charity staring back at him. It's those who defined the identity and established the legacy of what it means to be a Green Bay Packer... Like your family tree--everyone who comes after merely builds on that or detracts from it--but it's far bigger than any one individual...

Yeah--he's a three-time loser...but I'm pulling for Jolly in a big way. We all make mistakes. Those defined by their failures are merely those too weak to overcome them in finding success...

Yes, just give him a chance. And come December we may just have a holly, Jolley Xmas.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu May 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Yes, just give him a chance. And come December we may just have a holly, Jolley Xmas.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Thu May 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Oh YEAH!!!! High five, HD!! The crowed jewbel of the NFL is the BEST!!!! Rooting for and being assholeiated with such GREATNESS is, well, GREAT!! Guys like us, we don't NEED the assholiation, but I think it definitely gives us more street cred. It's just SO great that when we're out, owning the town (or any other foreign land, like the Carrobean - that place is totally AWESOMEAMUNDO!!!) that people just look as us and KNOW how absolutely COOL we are! No need to even TALK about it! YEAH!!! High five, HD!!! We're the BEST!! The BEST, I say!! YEAH!!!!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 pm

I've preached this for years. The Green Bay Packers are special, truly an anomaly in the sports world. It's no coincidence that the smallest city in the NFL, geographically isolated from the rest of the country, has the broadest and perhaps most obsessed national fan base. Cheeseheads take over sports bars and stadiums all over the country and dominate informal polls about the "best fan base" in the NFL.

There is an undeniable mystique to the franchise and the more little people like PFKIA wail and rant in denial, the more you know it's true.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 6:49 pm

PackFanKnowItAll wrote:

Oh YEAH!!!! High five, HD!! The crowed jewbel of the NFL is the BEST!!!! Rooting for and being assholeiated with such GREATNESS is, well, GREAT!! Guys like us, we don't NEED the assholiation, but I think it definitely gives us more street cred. It's just SO great that when we're out, owning the town (or any other foreign land, like the Carrobean - that place is totally AWESOMEAMUNDO!!!) that people just look as us and KNOW how absolutely COOL we are! No need to even TALK about it! YEAH!!! High five, HD!!! We're the BEST!! The BEST, I say!! YEAH!!!!!

You know it, PFKIA! But, what took your microphallused ass so long to chime in? Chop chop next time thimbledick! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Bring me on some Jolly! Empty Jolly Green Giant

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri May 24, 2013 8:19 am

Oh Yeah! Would be amazing to see Jolly get introduced on the starting defense on September 15th at the home opener.........coming out of the tunnel........."at right defensive end.........JOHNNY JOLLY" The place would erupt into a blast frenzy !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down