Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHIL TAYLOR HELPING VICTIMS FROM TEXAS PLANT EXPLOSION

2 posters

Go down

PHIL TAYLOR HELPING VICTIMS FROM TEXAS PLANT EXPLOSION Empty PHIL TAYLOR HELPING VICTIMS FROM TEXAS PLANT EXPLOSION

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri May 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Phil Taylor is helping to raise funds for the victims of the Texas fertilizer plant explosion, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Taylor, who played at nearby Baylor University in Waco, Texas, wants to help victims of an accident that was overshadowed nationally by the Boston Marathon bombings and subsequent manhunt. As weeks passed, news of the remarkable rescue of three women kidnapped for a decade in Cleveland and NBA player Jason Collins’ revealing he was gay also diverted attention from the West, Texas, tragedy.

“The story seemed to get pushed to the side because of other events,” Taylor said in a phone interview. “I found out about it the next morning. I didn’t know anyone personally, but I know that community has a lot of Baylor supporters.”

Using social and mainstream media, Taylor and his manager started a campaign to market, “We Are West, TX” T-shirts. With a goal of $100,000, they already have sold 300 shirts at $25 apiece with all proceeds going to the families of the victims, said Taylor’s manager Jacob Wallace Jr.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

PHIL TAYLOR HELPING VICTIMS FROM TEXAS PLANT EXPLOSION Empty Re: PHIL TAYLOR HELPING VICTIMS FROM TEXAS PLANT EXPLOSION

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri May 17, 2013 2:53 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Phil Taylor is helping to raise funds for the victims of the Texas fertilizer plant explosion, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
<blockquote>
Taylor, who played at nearby Baylor University in Waco, Texas, wants to help victims of an accident that was overshadowed nationally by the Boston Marathon bombings and subsequent manhunt. As weeks passed, news of the remarkable rescue of three women kidnapped for a decade in Cleveland and NBA player Jason Collins’ revealing he was gay also diverted attention from the West, Texas, tragedy.

“The story seemed to get pushed to the side because of other events,” Taylor said in a phone interview. “I found out about it the next morning. I didn’t know anyone personally, but I know that community has a lot of Baylor supporters.”

Using social and mainstream media, Taylor and his manager started a campaign to market, “We Are West, TX” T-shirts. With a goal of $100,000, they already have sold 300 shirts at $25 apiece with all proceeds going to the families of the victims, said Taylor’s manager Jacob Wallace Jr.
</blockquote>

It seems one story always overshadows the next. Good for him for stepping up!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down