Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth, maybe fifth.

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fourth, maybe fifth. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fourth, maybe fifth.

Post by George1963 Thu May 30, 2013 11:06 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:Supposedly Gronk's surgery went well. The
plate in his forearm was replaced with a new one, and there was no signs
of infection. If he does have some residual infection, antibiotics
could take care of it. As for the back and possible back surgery,
that's another issue.

Looks like it's gonna be five.
Everybody said BB was a genius for getting Gronk where he did, but it was a risk.
Funny thing about guys who are injury prone in their teens; they don't generally turn into iron men in their twenties.

I am very worried about Gronk and his ability to stay healthy.

As far as the genius goes, how about the move signing Jake Ballard away from the G-Men and then stashing him away on IR for a year? It was like he knew something might be up with Gronk, and he was putting in a contingent plan in case something happened. As Joe Beningo would say on New York's WFAN, "How about that?"

You said something in an earlier post about them having Ballard and Dan Fells and Whoosiwhatsis. Sure. That's kinda like saying they have Kaflka and Mallett so they'll be alright if they lose Brady for a awhile.
Sorry to say, without Gronk that's an average offense. And that's not just opinion. Look at Bradys passing numbers when he was out or less than 100% last year. And that was with Welker. I started this thread by posting an article about BB planning for a life w/o Gronk and after re-reading it, if he's out for a significant length of time and the Pats wind up with a top 10 offense Brady deserves another MVP. IMO.

I wonder about his ability to get healthy. I don't know if you've ever broken a bone or had it get infected, but I have and when you have something healing they tell you not to drink. When you're on antibiotics they tell you very strongly not to drink.
Think the big fella took that advise this off season?

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 am

Sorry to say, without Gronk that's an average offense. And that's not just opinion. Look at Bradys passing numbers when he was out or less than 100% last year. And that was with Welker. I started this thread by posting an article about BB planning for a life w/o Gronk and after re-reading it, if he's out for a significant length of time and the Pats wind up with a top 10 offense Brady deserves another MVP. IMO.

I wouldn't go that far regarding Brady w/o Gronk. But I tend to agree about the drop off with Gronk out being very real and tangible. When you go back and look at some of the plays Gronk made, you realize that if there was another player trying to make that play, it is simply not going to get made. Gronk is pretty unique....as a player, and as an individual. I wonder how he's handling being rich?

I wonder about his ability to get healthy. I don't know if you've ever broken a bone or had it get infected, but I have and when you have something healing they tell you not to drink. When you're on antibiotics they tell you very strongly not to drink.
Think the big fella took that advise this off season?

Doubtful.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu May 30, 2013 4:35 pm

We can rebuild him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Another surgery for Gronk. Back surgery again.
Agent Drew Rosenhaus was on ESPN and pooh-poohed it of course.
I wish Gronk luck. He seems like a care-free frat guy.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu May 30, 2013 5:21 pm

LRJets wrote:Another surgery for Gronk. Back surgery again.
Agent Drew Rosenhaus was on ESPN and pooh-poohed it of course.
I wish Gronk luck. He seems like a care-free frat guy.

Care-free frat guy with a huge bank account. Not always a good mix. Hopefully, he has some good advisers around him, as well as a modicum of self discipline.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu May 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Care-free frat guy with a huge bank account. Not always a good mix. Hopefully, he has some good advisers around him, as well as a modicum of self discipline.
I saw a piece on him and his family. His father also seems like a party , fun guy. Hopefully, he'll take the reins. Then again, Gronk does what he wants. Saw him and some buddies in a food store.
I thought it was a remake of Animal House.
You know Gronk isn't going to buy a $150k wrist watch.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum