Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm amped just reading about it!

Go down

I'm amped just reading about it! Empty I'm amped just reading about it!

Post by Guest Thu May 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Minnesota Vikings President Mark Wilf and brother Zygi were wrapping up an organization-wide meeting on Friday morning when the newest members of the team walked into the room. All three of them.

The morning after the Vikings became the first team since the St. Louis Rams in 2001 to grab three players in the first round, Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes and Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson were walking through the halls of team headquarters and delivering quite a jolt while doing so.

"You could just feel the energy in the building," Mark Wilf said. "Not just three first-round picks, but great players and the kind of people we want as Minnesota Vikings in terms of on and off the field."

The Vikings chose Floyd, a highly rated heir apparent to Kevin Williams, 23rd overall. Then they took Rhodes, the kind of big, physical cornerback needed to match up against the likes of Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall in the NFC North with the 25th pick. And before the night was over, they traded back into the first round to get Patterson, a raw but physically gifted receiver, at No. 29.

The three youngsters address three areas of need on a team that made a surprising run to the playoffs last season, ramping up expectations even further for 2013.

"You could feel that energy and all that momentum," general manager Rick Spielman said.

Holy shit! Unless I'm mistaken--that sounds to me like a whole lot of energy goin' down there. I think it's time to go ahead and get a trophy awarded for that because I just can't think of another team that stands to have more energy in their building than this! Laughing

Same ol' queens... Too bad they can't magically turn *energy in a building* into a QB... Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

I'm amped just reading about it! Empty Re: I'm amped just reading about it!

Post by MB20 Thu May 02, 2013 10:51 pm

_HD_ wrote:Minnesota Vikings President Mark Wilf and brother Zygi were wrapping up an organization-wide meeting on Friday morning when the newest members of the team walked into the room. All three of them.

The morning after the Vikings became the first team since the St. Louis Rams in 2001 to grab three players in the first round, Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes and Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson were walking through the halls of team headquarters and delivering quite a jolt while doing so.

"You could just feel the energy in the building," Mark Wilf said. "Not just three first-round picks, but great players and the kind of people we want as Minnesota Vikings in terms of on and off the field."

The Vikings chose Floyd, a highly rated heir apparent to Kevin Williams, 23rd overall. Then they took Rhodes, the kind of big, physical cornerback needed to match up against the likes of Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall in the NFC North with the 25th pick. And before the night was over, they traded back into the first round to get Patterson, a raw but physically gifted receiver, at No. 29.

The three youngsters address three areas of need on a team that made a surprising run to the playoffs last season, ramping up expectations even further for 2013.

"You could feel that energy and all that momentum," general manager Rick Spielman said.

Holy shit! Unless I'm mistaken--that sounds to me like a whole lot of energy goin' down there. I think it's time to go ahead and get a trophy awarded for that because I just can't think of another team that stands to have more energy in their building than this! Laughing

Same ol' queens... Too bad they can't magically turn *energy in a building* into a QB... Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is exactly why whiffing on a high first-round QB pick is so devastating- most teams who do this compound the error by insisting that their guy is the real deal who is thisclose to "turning a corner," as I'm sure the Vikes are after Ponder shredded that horrible excuse for a Packer defense in Week 16. Then, they go making all these serious contender-type moves because they think they have almost all the pieces in place.

I'm glad teams like this live in our division.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 1:21 am

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Minnesota Vikings President Mark Wilf and brother Zygi were wrapping up an organization-wide meeting on Friday morning when the newest members of the team walked into the room. All three of them.

This is exactly why whiffing on a high first-round QB pick is so devastating- most teams who do this compound the error by insisting that their guy is the real deal who is thisclose to "turning a corner," as I'm sure the Vikes are after Ponder shredded that horrible excuse for a Packer defense in Week 16. Then, they go making all these serious contender-type moves because they think they have almost all the pieces in place.

I'm glad teams like this live in our division.

The best part is they took what was probably a late to middle third round talent and thought because they took him in the first round--that he'd just magically become a first round talent. Love me some douches like this who wag the dog by the tail. I can smell them downwind from around the block... Very Happy

Ponder should have brought along slowly--as an understudy to someone experienced and capable so he could have immersed himself into the role. Me might have had a shot...but, as usual, the queens made the inastute choice and tacked on all the failed seasons waiting for the T-Jacker to become what he was never capable of, with several more in Ponder reflecting the same utterly failed approach. The Wilf's are complete chucklefucks--and chucklefuckery is what chucklefuck's do best... You could give them 30 1st round draft choices a year and they'd still find a way to fist chicken salad into chicken shit. It's mandated right there in the chucklefuck handbook. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down