Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redskins get Griffin

3 posters

Go down

Redskins get Griffin Empty Redskins get Griffin

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 am

The Browns brass sit on there asses and do nothing yet again. while the Redskins get their franchise QB
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Redskins get Griffin Empty Re: Redskins get Griffin

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Earlier Friday, we wrote that the Redskins [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Robert Griffin III instead of trying to woo free agent Peyton Manning to Washington. And it appears that's exactly what they'll do. The Redskins have made a deal with the Rams to acquire the second-overall pick in April's NFL Draft. Fox Sports' Jay Glazer first reported the news. Rams vice-president and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff confirmed the deal to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

"Major scoopage: Redskins have agreed to a trade w Rams for #2 pick of draft," [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. "Rams and Skins swap first rounders this yr w Rams also getting 2 future #1s and additional picks."

To recap, the Skins will send:

• Their 2012 first-rounder (sixth overall);
  • Two future first-round picks;
  • Additional selections, one of which is a 2012 second-rounder, according to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
That's a ton. In 2004, when the Giants acquired Eli Manning from the Chargers, it cost them two No. 1s (one of which was Philip Rivers) plus a third- and fourth-rounder.

Last week, when the Rams [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and the Redskins didn't hide the fact that they were interested, initial reports had Washington offering two first-rounder, "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]." It turned out to be even more than that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] writes that the move means that while the Skins may have found their quarterback of the future, "It also means Mike Shanahan and son, Kyle, will be off the hot seat this season. How could they be there now with a rookie quarterback? Can they be expected to win now? Brilliant move, Shanahans -- all the way around."

Presumably, the Redskins will draft Griffin. And if in RG3 they finally find their franchise quarterback, it'll be well worth the investment.

The trade can't be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Redskins get Griffin Empty RG3

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:49 pm

dnn3m wrote:The Browns brass sit on there asses and do nothing yet again. while the Redskins get their franchise QB
[url=http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-09/report-redskins-acquire-no-2-pick-from-rams?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D142384
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yea, I really thought they might get the job done this time, yea I guess the joke is on us old time Browns fans who have stuck with them year in and year out for the past 40+ years and some even longer, its probably too much to hope they go after Flynn as well, LORD PLEASE dont let us sit through aother season of Dolt McThud, hell I'll even settle for Anderson just not McThud!!!
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Too be truthful I am kind of glad the Browns didnt trump the Redskins trade offer, those are a ton of picks for a kid, sure it would have been sweet to have RG3 but not at that price, the Browns wouldnt have solved their problems with a QB and no first and second rd pick as well in 2013 so when I thought about it a little I say gl Washington and at least we wont have to face him twice a year.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:38 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:Too be truthful I am kind of glad the Browns didnt trump the Redskins trade offer, those are a ton of picks for a kid, sure it would have been sweet to have RG3 but not at that price, the Browns wouldnt have solved their problems with a QB and no first and second rd pick as well in 2013 so when I thought about it a little I say gl Washington and at least we wont have to face him twice a year.

IF HE WAS your guy, a franchisw 10year QB, I say you go get him-period. Now what? Tannehill he wont be there at 22, and 4 is too early for him IMHO. Flynn 7-8 milion of cap room-HELL NO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Flynn would be a crap shoot no way would I waste that kind of money on him.

Back to top Go down

Redskins get Griffin Empty FLYNN

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Dmounts wrote:Flynn would be a crap shoot no way would I waste that kind of money on him.
LOL, dont even know what is going to cost yet, and as far as I am concerned he is already a better QB then Dolt McTHUD and the money is an easy fix if they go after and get Flynn, you drop MCTHUD or trade him for a 6th or 7th round pick, that is if there is a team out there that needs a QB that cant hit a barn standing 5 ft from it. As far as Flynn being a crap shoot it just may be, but its a crap shoot that would pay off better then having McThud throwing the football for the Browns in 2012, actually you may be right after all the Browns can draft a QB in the 7th round and he wouldnt cost much at all plus no mater who it is they would be MUCH better then Dolt McThud so either way the Brown are a better team. Shocked
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Redskins get Griffin Empty TANNENHILL

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:20 pm

dnn3m wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:Too be truthful I am kind of glad the Browns didnt trump the Redskins trade offer, those are a ton of picks for a kid, sure it would have been sweet to have RG3 but not at that price, the Browns wouldnt have solved their problems with a QB and no first and second rd pick as well in 2013 so when I thought about it a little I say gl Washington and at least we wont have to face him twice a year.

IF HE WAS your guy, a franchisw 10year QB, I say you go get him-period. Now what? Tannehill he wont be there at 22, and 4 is too early for him IMHO. Flynn 7-8 milion of cap room-HELL NO
I hope he ( Tannenhill) isnt there at 22, I dont want the guy, not with a first round pick anyhow, Like McThud Tannenhill is going to be nothing better then a career backup QB, Lord please dont let the Browns draft him in the first 4 rounds or Brandon Weeden the QB from Oklahoma St, sure the kid has a good arm and is a good QB but he is also 28 years old and drafting a 28yr old QB that might have 6 years left in his career is a waisted draft pick.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Redskins get Griffin Empty FLYNN

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:22 pm

dnn3m wrote:

LOL, Again, Flynn is 20X the QB Dolt McThud is and the Browns woul be a better team with him, hell you dont have to keep McThud and his contract.......lol! Thats what!!!
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm

I don't know how you can make that statement. How can anyone say that Flynn is 20X better than McCoy when you look at what Flynn had to work with and what McCoy has to work with? Do you believe that if Flynn who can't scramble put under center for the Browns would pare better? You posted that he has a weak arm so why wouldn't the D backs cheat up on him like they did on McCoy. Do you think that the line would block that much better with a pocket QB? That somehow they would rise up and give the Flynn time to throw. How about the receivers do you think that all of a sudden they could get off their blocks and shake the coverage? Even at that would they run the right routes or if he did make the throw would they hold onto the ball better? I agree McCoy looked terrible this past year but put him on Green Bays High powered offense and I believe his numbers would be a lot better. Since it looks like RG3 will go to Washington I don't think any QB left in the Draft would improve the Browns that much if any, I also Do not believe Flynn has done anything to earn the respect to assume he would and could be a starting QB with a team that his absolutely no weapons to hand off to, throw to, or protect him from constant defensive hits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:31 pm

dnn3m wrote:

What good would he be if we lost all those picks? Who would he throw too? Who would he hand off too? And where will his linemen come from with us trading away 3 or 4 first and second round picks? It would of cost us three years of first rounders. Who then would be his targets?

no were likely lucky we did not pay that price for this guy. teams who make those kind of moves just do not succeed in the NFL. Look at what Washington has done under Snyder...nada...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Tjeco wrote:
dnn3m wrote:

What good would he be if we lost all those picks? Who would he throw too? Who would he hand off too? And where will his linemen come from with us trading away 3 or 4 first and second round picks? It would of cost us three years of first rounders. Who then would be his targets?

no were likely lucky we did not pay that price for this guy. teams who make those kind of moves just do not succeed in the NFL. Look at what Washington has done under Snyder...nada...

name me a team in the NFL with a below average QB that makes the playoffs. IMO, a high profile guy like that would sweeten the deal for a free agent WR to come here. Right now what do we have to offer a WR, Colt McCoy? who wants to play in Cleveland? I wouldnt even want to play for this organization. It frustrating as hell to watch this crap every year with no sign of improvement. I do know one thing-we have a long way to go before draft day. We will crown an NCAA basketball champ, and Indians will open before draft day, and we are all talking Browns! This town deserves a winner.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:44 pm

dnn3m wrote:
Tjeco wrote:
dnn3m wrote:

name me a team in the NFL with a below average QB that makes the playoffs. IMO, a high profile guy like that would sweeten the deal for a free agent WR to come here. Right now what do we have to offer a WR, Colt McCoy? who wants to play in Cleveland? I wouldnt even want to play for this organization. It frustrating as hell to watch this crap every year with no sign of improvement. I do know one thing-we have a long way to go before draft day. We will crown an NCAA basketball champ, and Indians will open before draft day, and we are all talking Browns! This town deserves a winner.
I watched a lot of Browns games last year.... and I'm saying Peyton Manning, healthy would have looked like sheet with the way the Browns receivers played. I'm not saying Colt McCoy is the answer... but you could have a lot worse. The QB doesn't get open, he doesn't run the correct route, and he sure as hell doesn't catch the ball. The latter.... something your receivers just didn't do.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 pm

I would like to see them trade down and get more picks. The Browns needs are many getting one player either for a ton of money(Flynn) or in RG3 case a bunch of draft picks wasn't going to help the team as a whole. I also would NOT pick any of the QB's that are left to be drafted in round one at any spot.

It does make you wonder though IF RG3 was all they say he's cracked up to be why did the Rams chose to keep their starting QB instead of trading him and keeping the pick?

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:42 am

foghorn wrote:
dnn3m wrote:
Tjeco wrote:
dnn3m wrote:

I watched a lot of Browns games last year.... and I'm saying Peyton Manning, healthy would have looked like sheet with the way the Browns receivers played. I'm not saying Colt McCoy is the answer... but you could have a lot worse. The QB doesn't get open, he doesn't run the correct route, and he sure as hell doesn't catch the ball. The latter.... something your receivers just didn't do.
I couldn't agree more, Jeff!!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:53 am

dnn3m wrote:
Tjeco wrote:
dnn3m wrote:

I agree with the need for a quality QB. I just do not with the way Washington will go about getting this guy. And we simply cannot as a team afford the cost. Teams that win with top QB's also do not morgage the farm to get them. They usually just draft em or sign in free agency. They do not morgage 3 to 4 years of top end picks. If they do they usually if not always suck cause they cannot surround the guy with equal top flight talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down