Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bills' Dilemma

3 posters

Go down

Bills' Dilemma Empty Bills' Dilemma

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 am

Buffalo Bills fear Jets might take QB Ryan Nassib. Buffalo has the 8th pick, Jets are at #9. Bills coach had Nassib at college and loves the guy. What to do Bills?
Like Laurel and Hardy playing chess.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Bills' Dilemma Empty Re: Bills' Dilemma

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:39 pm

LRJets wrote:Buffalo Bills fear Jets might take QB Ryan Nassib. Buffalo has the 8th pick, Jets are at #9. Bills coach had Nassib at college and loves the guy. What to do Bills?
Like Laurel and Hardy playing chess.

I can't believe the Bills are worried the Jets will take Nassib. This guy is not a high first round talent. The only reason people are mentioning him in that area is because Marone was his college coach. But that doesn't mean anyone else wants him.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 pm

I agree. Nassib is really not on many team's boards from what I read and hear.
But...if you like a QB, take him.
The Bills passed on Drew Brees and took Nate Clements at the time.
The draft is a crapshoot, so you may as well draft who you like.
This year for the Jets, it was recommended they should, because of their situation, pick the best player, regardless of the need or position.
I still cannot go for choosing a non-skill position player very high such as a guard.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm

LRJets wrote:I still cannot go for choosing a non-skill position player very high such as a guard.

Agree, but the exception to that is if you are deep everywhere else.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm

its call bluffing Jets probably think the Bills will take Geno Smith So that might lead to the bills that Jets could take Nassib at 9, I do like Nassib but not with the 1st pick. Maybe the 2nd pick IF the Jets trades down and then take Nassib in the 2nd Rd. BUT remember you don't trades your best player to TB, to take a QB, in the 1st rd. Jets need to drafts 2 players or 3 players with their 1st 3 picks in this drafts Players that are going to start right away they need to be a boom.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:I still cannot go for choosing a non-skill position player very high such as a guard.

Agree, but the exception to that is if you are deep everywhere else.
Why Not ? Didn't the jets have the worse offensive line in the league last year AND not to mention jets lost both of their offensive guards in F/A? I would take OLB, Barkevious Mingo at 9 but I might want to trades down or just take a G, Jonthaon Cooper or Chance Warmark with the 13th pick as least you know your getting 2 players that going to come in and start right away. Really what wrong with that?
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:02 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:
Why Not ? Didn't the jets have the worse offensive line in the league last year AND not to mention jets lost both of their offensive guards in F/A? I would take OLB, Barkevious Mingo at 9 but I might want to trades down or just take a G, Jonthaon Cooper or Chance Warmark with the 13th pick as least you know your getting 2 players that going to come in and start right away. Really what wrong with that?

The Jets already have 2 No. 1 picks on the O-line, Brick and Mangold. Since then, there have been 2 other No. 1 picks on the O-line, Faneca and Woody, then add in an all-pro selection in Moore. Where has all that talent on the O-line gotten the Jets? I'm not saying you don't need good players there, obviously you do. However, I feel it's more important to draft guys who can either put points on the board or keep them off the board when you are picking at the top of the draft, especially if you don't already have those types of players.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:37 pm

"IrishJets1129"]
its call bluffing Jets probably think the Bills will take Geno Smith So that might lead to the bills that Jets could take Nassib at 9.

How could you bluff a team (Jets) who picks after you?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 am

[quote="wassejet"]
IrishJets1129 wrote:

The Jets already have 2 No. 1 picks on the O-line, Brick and Mangold. Since then, there have been 2 other No. 1 picks on the O-line, Faneca and Woody, then add in an all-pro selection in Moore. Where has all that talent on the O-line gotten the Jets? I'm not saying you don't need good players there, obviously you do. However, I feel it's more important to draft guys who can either put points on the board or keep them off the board when you are picking at the top of the draft, especially if you don't already have those types of players.[/quot Where has all that talent on the O-line gotten the Jets? Well I'll you it gotten the Jets to 2 AFC Games not to mention with a Rookie QB, at the time. We then end up losing Faneca in F/A and Woody retired and Moore was not voted into the pro-bowl he was selection in because someone else was injured. You need a good offensive line meaning a top 5 offense to get to a SB, Any QB's has to have a good offensive line to make the QB's make plays to open up holds for the running game to give some time for the QB's to find a opening WR's or TE's. The Ravens win a SB, because of the offensive line the 49ers got to a SB because of the offensive line. Name all the offense of linemens that was voted in the pro-bowl on both of those teams?. There was alot.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:Where has all that talent on the O-line gotten the Jets? Well I'll you it gotten the Jets to 2 AFC Games not to mention with a Rookie QB, at the time. We then end up losing Faneca in F/A and Woody retired and Moore was not voted into the pro-bowl he was selection in because someone else was injured. You need a good offensive line meaning a top 5 offense to get to a SB, Any QB's has to have a good offensive line to make the QB's make plays to open up holds for the running game to give some time for the QB's to find a opening WR's or TE's. The Ravens win a SB, because of the offensive line the 49ers got to a SB because of the offensive line. Name all the offense of linemens that was voted in the pro-bowl on both of those teams?. There was alot.

There may have been a lot, but none were voted MVP of the Super Bowls. It was Flacco, and Eli the year before. You mention SF, okay, let's analyze what happened with them. They had a so-so offense with Alex Smith. In comes Kaepernick and all of a sudden they have an explosive offense. Same O-line, nothing changed there. But now you have a dynamic playmaker at QB. Again, I'm not saying you don't need good O-lines, but it's the playmakers that determine whether you get the Lombardi trophy.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 pm

There was never a offensive linemen voted MVP in the SB, I don't see how there would be I wasn't even talking about that. Analyze what? 49ers have very good offense not a so-so. Alex Smith got hurt didn't he? Coach just thought Kaepernick was doing little better job. He can run better then Smith that is why he ran alot with the offense. 49ers had 9 players that was voted in the pro-bowl 2 was from the offense Joe Staley and Justin Smith BUT Mike Iupati and Jonathan Goodwin are good players. The Ravens had 8 players that was voted in the pro-bowl 2 was G's Ben Grubbs and Marshal Yanda. OG, Chance Warmark, or Johnathon Cooper, Barkevious Mingo and WR, Tavon Austin could be a Jets before the night is over. GO JETS
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down