Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most hosed?

4 posters

Go down

Most hosed? Empty Most hosed?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Packers get votes as the NFL team most-hosed by 2013 schedule

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the Journal Sentinel
April 19, 2013

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] among all the teams, "Who got hosed?" by the way their 2013 schedule fell.

Analyst Heath Evans picked the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Atlanta, at Dallas, Pittsburgh and at Chicago.

"I've never used that term before, but I would say the Green Bay Packers got hosed," Evans said. "If you look at the last four weeks on their schedule - listen, I know it's Aaron Rodgers, I know it's Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson, but this is a tough stretch. Atlanta. At Dallas. Pittsburgh. At Chicago. Physical teams, teams that can throw the ball. Listen, we never know what we are going to get from (Tony) Romo. Atlanta Falcons kind of fall into the mold as well. But the Pittsburgh Steelers they always beat you up whether they are good or not. And at Chicago, a new regime there."

Fans at NFL.com were asked to answer the same hosey question, and the Packers finished tied for fifth on the list. The Falcons led the most-hosed vote with 24.9%, followed by the Patriots (9.2%), Dolphins (8.8%), Vikings (6.4%), Eagles (6.0%) and Packers (6.0%).

GMAFB...Most hosed? What kind of sorry-assed whiner ever came up with bullshit like this, anyway? First of all--why are Dallas and the Bears anything but borderline patsies? With Dallas--every year it's the same thing--among the big, bad offseason favorites...then they proceed to show what they really are... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...and the Bears? Help me out here. Do they not still have Jay Cuntler leading the charge? It's the fucking gift waiting for you every day without burning a birthday...

Back to top Go down

Most hosed? Empty Re: Most hosed?

Post by milani Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Yes, in a sense we truly did get hosed. And that is why a better than .500 record might be an accomplishment. The parity is so immense today. But then, the schedule always is produced by an ordained recipe. It's not like the league just tried to fry us.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:14 pm

milani wrote:Yes, in a sense we truly did get hosed. And that is why a better than .500 record might be an accomplishment. The parity is so immense today. But then, the schedule always is produced by an ordained recipe. It's not like the league just tried to fry us.

Here, my friends, is a rare feat that should only be attempted under strictly controlled conditions by a seasoned expert. As usual, Milani pulls it off beautifully. First off, on premise--he's wrong--nothing unusual there...but here's the wicked trick. Within no more than four sentences beyond that--he uses the facts in managing to utterly contradict himself and thus betray the very conclusion he sets out to support. Finally, we arrive at the best part. It all seems consistent and makes perfect sense to him. Laughing Again--don't try this shit at home... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by _HD_ on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Hosed? Pul-lease.

First of all, the list of teams each team plays is set by a league formula. No manipulation is possible.

Secondly, any so-called "level of difficulty" is based on the results of the previous year. The truth of the matter is that in the NFL teams rise and fall quickly. What is initially perceived to be a tough schedule could end up being cupcake... and vice versa.

Thirdly, if you have your so-called tough games lined up in a row, that means you have a correspondingly easier patch some other time. You have to play them all eventually.

Finally, who says it's bad to have your tough games at the end?? Many people would argue that that's exactly when you want them, so your team can become galvanized for the playoffs!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:01 pm

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:Yes, in a sense we truly did get hosed. And that is why a better than .500 record might be an accomplishment. The parity is so immense today. But then, the schedule always is produced by an ordained recipe. It's not like the league just tried to fry us.

Here, my friends, is a rare feat that should only be attempted under strictly controlled conditions by a seasoned expert. As usual, Milani pulls it off beautifully. First off, on premise--he's wrong--nothing unusual there...but here's the wicked trick. Within no more than four sentences beyond that--he uses the facts in managing to utterly contradict himself and thus betray the very conclusion he sets out to support. Finally, we arrive at the best part. It all seems consistent and makes perfect sense to him. Laughing Again--don't try this shit at home... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Choice Laughing

Even if they really are "most hosed"... fuck 'em. They're soft and need to grow some balls.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 am

Of those last four games I'd say, yeah, it's too bad we get the Steelers for a cold weather game. Kinda negates the advantage...in fact I'd say they are a far better cold-weather team than we are these days. But so what? That still should be a 3-1 string of games. 2-2 maybe.

Overall, though, I think our schedule is a major bitch. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 9-7 with it. 11-5 is the best I can see, really...and a 7-9 season could be entirely possible.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:28 am

JnC4GB wrote:Of those last four games I'd say, yeah, it's too bad we get the Steelers for a cold weather game. Kinda negates the advantage...in fact I'd say they are a far better cold-weather team than we are these days. But so what? That still should be a 3-1 string of games. 2-2 maybe.

Overall, though, I think our schedule is a major bitch. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 9-7 with it. 11-5 is the best I can see, really...and a 7-9 season could be entirely possible.

You know--it seems like a broad range of opinion on how the Pack is going to do this year. Just for giggled shitz--we should all throw a $20 into a pot this year--winner take all--for the annual predictions. Somebody honest--perhaps Duck if he's willing, could hold the cash and send it on to the winner at season's end. Anybody in?

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Of those last four games I'd say, yeah, it's too bad we get the Steelers for a cold weather game. Kinda negates the advantage...in fact I'd say they are a far better cold-weather team than we are these days. But so what? That still should be a 3-1 string of games. 2-2 maybe.

You know--it seems like a broad range of opinion on how the Pack is going to do this year. Just for giggled shitz--we should all throw a $20 into a pot this year--winner take all--for the annual predictions. Somebody honest--perhaps Duck if he's willing, could hold the cash and send it on to the winner at season's end. Anybody in?

Yeah, I don't recall a year that is going to spread our predictions like this. Should be interesting.

I like the idea of a $20-per-poster pot. Maybe we can even get the tightwads like JnC and Milani to participate. Heck, if you all are willing to risk financing me on a bender, never to see your twenty bucks ever again, I'd be willing to keep the loot for a few months. Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:34 pm

I don't need your Andrew Jacksons to know you are my bitches. Cool
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:38 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I don't need your Andrew Jacksons to know you are my bitches. Cool

LOL! Nobody is that fucking cheap. That leaves only one possibility...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Keep up the battle, Clifford... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Most hosed? Empty Great lottery!

Post by milani Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Yeah, I don't recall a year that is going to spread our predictions like this. Should be interesting.

I like the idea of a $20-per-poster pot. Maybe we can even get the tightwads like JnC and Milani to participate. Heck, if you all are willing to risk financing me on a bender, never to see your twenty bucks ever again, I'd be willing to keep the loot for a few months. Very Happy

I'd be up for it. If we can get 9 people to ante up that equals $180. That should be enough to buy 2 of Ringo's season tickets for a game next season. Great prize! We may need to get Beer in this to get enough. Oh, don't forget Rico the Bartender.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Just realized. The Steelers appear on paper to be quite different this year. They are lean on receivers and have lost Harrison on the other side of the ball. Do they have enough to play Steeler football? By Dec. 22 when we see them Big Ben might be up for his usual miss a game or two due to some chepa shot from a rival opponent. That means we could see Charlie Batch again. 9-7 can be a reality.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 am

milani wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I'd be up for it. If we can get 9 people to ante up that equals $180. That should be enough to buy 2 of Ringo's season tickets for a game next season. Great prize! We may need to get Beer in this to get enough. Oh, don't forget Rico the Bartender.

LOL! That's it? Duck, Milani and myself? Good God, people--you're trimmin' the shorties a little too close to the turf. Quite a crew you've got here, Duck... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOL! That's it? Duck, Milani and myself? Good God, people--you're trimmin' the shorties a little too close to the turf. Quite a crew you've got here, Duck... Laughing

Give it time, HD. I'm sure MB can skip one anger management class and cough up $20. All Ringo has to do is sober up one night and he'll save at least that much. I'm hopeful that even that Scottish skinflint JnC could look at it as a charitable contribution to some hippie cause and participate.

Plus there are many other posters -- old and new -- who might become interested once the predictions start rolling in. Once Milani comes in at 6-10 that will give better odds to the eventual winner.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:43 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Give it time, HD. I'm sure MB can skip one anger management class and cough up $20. All Ringo has to do is sober up one night and he'll save at least that much. I'm hopeful that even that Scottish skinflint JnC could look at it as a charitable contribution to some hippie cause and participate.

Have you actually been to visit our friend lately? Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:54 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I'd like to see Ringo try that.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:17 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] For shame! You know as well as I do, Duck, that Fuzzy's voicebox often lodged in his rectum could easily turn on while he was peddling, throw off his beat on the star wars jingle--and cause him to crash! What kind of prick could even suggest he do that!

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] For shame! You know as well as I do, Duck, that Fuzzy's voicebox often lodged in his rectum could easily turn on while he was peddling, throw off his beat on the star wars jingle--and cause him to crash! What kind of prick could even suggest he do that!

Don't be so negative, HD. Perhaps Fuzzy's voicebox would add to the unicycling experience and in fact make it downright orgasmic for Ringo! We don't know what goes on under that Darth Vader helmet... it could be hiding the face of a man experiencing pure rapture. What a Face
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down