Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final RLON Mock

4 posters

Go down

Final RLON Mock Empty Final RLON Mock

Post by RLON39 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 am

The Steelers reach terms with RB Ahmad Bradshaw, to be their starter. The Steelers sign a pass catching tight end for the beginning of the season, who is a cap casualty and gives way to Miller once Miller is fully healthy. The below draft also assumes that we have three competent nose tackles to battle to replace Hampton. I think Taamu will be the guy, and McLendon will continue to backup and be moved around to spell other linemen. The spirit of this mock is to mke selections that make us the best we can be right now...largely a BPA philosophy but very focused on 'fit'.

1 - OG Jonathan Cooper North Carolina - Perfect fit for the zone blocking scheme, at LG....perfect value at 1-17.

2 - WR Justin Hunter Tennessee - The Steelers need height and verticality. He fits both bills.

3 - SS Sharmarko Thomas Syracuse - A a fast, strong, absolute torpedo of a football player.

4 - S JJ Wilcox Georgia Southern - Some may say he is more of a SS, but, then again, isn't Ryan Clark and every free safety we've had since Darren Perry?

5 - OLB John Simon Ohio State - Eventual replacement for Woodley?

6 - P Ryan Allen Louisiana Tech - The biggest leg in the draft, and we need a strong leg with this dink and dunk offense, to go with our old defense.

6 - DE Joe Kruger Utah - Very tall player with good quickness who will need to add to his frame for the 3-4.

7 - LB Michael Mauti Penn State - Good fit as a 3-4 ILB, providing young depth as he recovers from his injury. Wants to be a Steeler!

Final mock, be happy about that...lol. 2014 draft needs = TE, RB, LB, DE, OT.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Final RLON Mock Empty Re: Final RLON Mock

Post by wyckedheart8 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:42 pm

RLON39 wrote:The Steelers reach terms with RB Ahmad Bradshaw, to be their starter. The Steelers sign a pass catching tight end for the beginning of the season, who is a cap casualty and gives way to Miller once Miller is fully healthy. The below draft also assumes that we have three competent nose tackles to battle to replace Hampton. I think Taamu will be the guy, and McLendon will continue to backup and be moved around to spell other linemen. The spirit of this mock is to mke selections that make us the best we can be right now...largely a BPA philosophy but very focused on 'fit'.

1 - OG Jonathan Cooper North Carolina - Perfect fit for the zone blocking scheme, at LG....perfect value at 1-17.

2 - WR Justin Hunter Tennessee - The Steelers need height and verticality. He fits both bills.

3 - SS Sharmarko Thomas Syracuse - A a fast, strong, absolute torpedo of a football player.

4 - S JJ Wilcox Georgia Southern - Some may say he is more of a SS, but, then again, isn't Ryan Clark and every free safety we've had since Darren Perry?

6 - P Ryan Allen Louisiana Tech - The biggest leg in the draft, and we need a strong leg with this dink and dunk offense, to go with our old defense.

6 - DE Joe Kruger Utah - Very tall player with good quickness who will need to add to his frame for the 3-4.

7 - LB Michael Mauti Penn State - Good fit as a 3-4 ILB, providing young depth as he recovers from his injury. Wants to be a Steeler!

Well make another pick at 5 because John Simon will be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. Good group of guys actually but a lot of those guys just wont be available where you have them going, your 1st and 6th pick look to be around when it comes Pitt's turn.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Steelers are indeep shit.Your looking at years out.Draft means nothing at this point.They held on to what ifs to long.Look at it this way....they got a cheepy via seattle...and they are paying now.Good luck.....lol
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 am

I don't know about your rating of Simon....even in the second, that would be a huge reach. And, noone is as interested in these shorter, heavier 3-4 OLBs like the Steelers. Last I checked, James Harrison isn't even signed. Justin Hunter in the second, I'll give you, is pretty much wishful thinking, but he is very raw and has a shot of falling there. Also, I just don't see two guards going in the top 15, as neither have a left tackle, convertible skill set. When you talk about a more blatant wishful thinking mock, then I'd talk about hoping LT Lane Johnson falls to 1-17.

I think the Steelers, if relatively healthy, go 11-5 with that shedule, with three seemingly obvious road losses in New England, Baltimore, and Green Bay. After their buy, they are hit with 3 out of 4 road games, and they'll have to at least split thopse 4 games to be contenders to win their division. I'm not down with the doom and gloom predictions about the 2013 Steelers, as, like my mock perhaps, it seems wishful thinking (by the haters).

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Toddseahawks wrote:Steelers are indeep shit.Your looking at years out.Draft means nothing at this point.They held on to what ifs to long.Look at it this way....they got a cheepy via seattle...and they are paying now.Good luck.....lol

Yelp and they still have the same coach. afro

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 pm

RLON39 wrote:The Steelers reach terms with RB Ahmad Bradshaw, to be their starter. The Steelers sign a pass catching tight end for the beginning of the season, who is a cap casualty and gives way to Miller once Miller is fully healthy. The below draft also assumes that we have three competent nose tackles to battle to replace Hampton. I think Taamu will be the guy, and McLendon will continue to backup and be moved around to spell other linemen. The spirit of this mock is to mke selections that make us the best we can be right now...largely a BPA philosophy but very focused on 'fit'.

Gosh darn Rlon, we didn't get any of these picks.  I'd love to see your thoughts on our over-all draft- some of our later round picks.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:11 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:

Gosh darn Rlon, we didn't get any of these picks.  I'd love to see your thoughts on our over-all draft- some of our later round picks.

WE GOT SHARK THOMAS, AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:37 pm

RLON39 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

WE GOT SHARK THOMAS, AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Oh- yes we did.  I missed that one.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:35 am

I wasn't happy with the QB pick (Jones), and I think the Ravens got the guy who was the BPA when we picked Bell in the second. Overall, I liked the draft, and even though they slightly reached on Bell, he has a very pro ready skills set.

In the end, the offensive line continues to make me nervous, particularly the lack of athleticism left of Pouncey in what would seem to be moving towards a zone scheme. Gilbert scares the heck out of me, and unless Foster really slimmed down, I would worry about both of those fits on the side that is traditionally supposed to contain more athleticism. I don't see why Decastro and Adams can't both move to the left side, but looking at the video of Adams' pass blocking tends to answer that. They should have resigned Starks, regardless. One injury, Beachum is inserted somewhere. Two injuries, the season is over...

Defense will be fine. Punting game will be improved if the staff makes the change.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down