Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TODAY'S TRAGEDY

+2
~Sheila~
LRJets
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TODAY'S TRAGEDY Empty TODAY'S TRAGEDY

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:27 pm

My heart goes out to those in Boston regarding today's bombings.
It brought back many memories of 9/11.
May God be with you.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S TRAGEDY Empty Re: TODAY'S TRAGEDY

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:31 am

Another sad day in America. My thoughts and prayers go out to all in Boston.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 am

After the passing of years after 911, and the killing of Bin Laden and the dismantling of Al Qaeda, we get a little lulled into a sense of feeling that the war on terror is won, or its over. But the reality is different. It will never be over. The fight againt terror will be constant forever. I'm just very angry right now. I can't stop watching the coverage. We are such an open society. We welcome everyone to America. People want to come here from other places and live here. Yet our openness and our free way of life is also our vulnerabillity, because these low lifes with their perverted and twisted, and really evil thinking, come in here and wander around among us.

Sometimes you don't know what to do. You want to do something, but you don't know what. I say at least try to give blood when you can. They can always use it, and try to do it several times a year. At least thats something.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:55 am

guppy wrote:After the passing of years after 911, and the killing of Bin Laden and the dismantling of Al Qaeda, we get a little lulled into a sense of feeling that the war on terror is won, or its over. But the reality is different. It will never be over. The fight againt terror will be constant forever. I'm just very angry right now. I can't stop watching the coverage. We are such an open society. We welcome everyone to America. People want to come here from other places and live here. Yet our openness and our free way of life is also our vulnerabillity, because these low lifes with their perverted and twisted, and really evil thinking, come in here and wander around among us.

Sometimes you don't know what to do. You want to do something, but you don't know what. I say at least try to give blood when you can. They can always use it, and try to do it several times a year. At least thats something.

Very heartfelt post, Guppy.
I too can't stop watching the coverage. It's a sad world in which we live in where hurting innocent people seems to be the thing to do. Donating blood is a good idea. I haven't in about two years, I think I will within the coming weeks. Thanks for the reminder.

Someone that I grew up with, he lived down the street from me, I haven't seen him in 20 plus years, but we're Facebook friends now, he ran in the marathon yesterday. He posted about 10 PM last night that he made it back home to NYC. It was all very chaotic and very surreal. He just asked for our continued prayers for Boston.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
guppy wrote:After the passing of years after 911, and the killing of Bin Laden and the dismantling of Al Qaeda, we get a little lulled into a sense of feeling that the war on terror is won, or its over. But the reality is different. It will never be over. The fight againt terror will be constant forever. I'm just very angry right now. I can't stop watching the coverage. We are such an open society. We welcome everyone to America. People want to come here from other places and live here. Yet our openness and our free way of life is also our vulnerabillity, because these low lifes with their perverted and twisted, and really evil thinking, come in here and wander around among us.

Very heartfelt post, Guppy.
I too can't stop watching the coverage. It's a sad world in which we live in where hurting innocent people seems to be the thing to do. Donating blood is a good idea. I haven't in about two years, I think I will within the coming weeks. Thanks for the reminder.

Someone that I grew up with, he lived down the street from me, I haven't seen him in 20 plus years, but we're Facebook friends now, he ran in the marathon yesterday. He posted about 10 PM last night that he made it back home to NYC. It was all very chaotic and very surreal. He just asked for our continued prayers for Boston.

Thanks Sheila. "Sad" is the word alright. Very very sad.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 pm

~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I really don't think there is a bigger rivalry than the one between the NY Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. This picture says it all. We are a great Country who will always offer support to our own.

~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 pm

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AWESOME!!
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 am

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm

George1963 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks G. Can't wait for tonight's Bruins game and see what the crowd is like in that building before the game and during the anthem.

On the morning of 911, it was a Tuesday, if I remember correctly. I was in a golf league at the time and we had a tournament that day, and I was taking the day off from work to play golf. I had the TV on in the morning as I was getting ready to go out the door with my clubs, and all of the sudden it showed this shot of smoke coming out of one of the World Trade towers, and I was like, WTF is that? My first thought was it was some kind of terrible accident, but they'll be able to fix the tower, I'm sure. But then I started watching more and more TV as more details came out. I then went to my car to listen to it on the radio as I headed out to the golf course. The more I listened, the more numb I got as I was driving. Finally, I pulled over to the side of the road, took my cell phone out and called the clubhouse. I told them I was cancelling, and to drop me from the tournament. I said, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK. I just can't play golf right now. I turned the car around and went back home, and just watched the news all day. I simply could not bring myself to participate in the tournament, even though I had pre-paid, and I had playing partners who were counting on me to make a foursome, etc.. I simply could not do it. I learned later that I was the only one in the tournament who cancelled and dropped out that morning about 1 hour before tee off time. No one else did. Everyone else played.

Back then I was too overcome emotionally go about my day as usual. Eleven + years later its deja vue all over again. America was attacked again. This time it was Boston. This time it was a holiday -- Boston's holiday -- Patriots Day. Marathon Day. They attacked an event which is really an open celebration, not in a stadium or a building, but in the streets at the finish line. They turned celebration into horror. Permanently crippling and murdering random innocent people in the process. That is about as evil as it gets.

Route 93 heading into Boston from the south today:
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm

R.I.P.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm

So very sad. I tear up whenever I see their beautiful faces.

~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Good for you, Gup!
Then again, your innate feelings could not allow you to play golf.
About 8:45 when I heard a plane went into one of the WTC bldgs., I thought it was an amateur pilot.
(Why would anyone be flying so low and over Manhattan?) Five minutes later I heard a second plane went into the other building, I gave an "uh oh".
There was an off-duty fireman who was ready to tee off in Queens when he was informed of the above. His sister worked in one of the towers, so he immediately drove into Manhattan, entered the second bldg. where his sister worked.
Unbeknownst to him, his sister got out of the building before it collapsed, he climbed the stairs and never came down.
Just one of the thousand sad stories of that horrific day.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:32 am

LRJets wrote:Good for you, Gup!
Then again, your innate feelings could not allow you to play golf.
About 8:45 when I heard a plane went into one of the WTC bldgs., I thought it was an amateur pilot.
(Why would anyone be flying so low and over Manhattan?) Five minutes later I heard a second plane went into the other building, I gave an "uh oh".
There was an off-duty fireman who was ready to tee off in Queens when he was informed of the above. His sister worked in one of the towers, so he immediately drove into Manhattan, entered the second bldg. where his sister worked.
Unbeknownst to him, his sister got out of the building before it collapsed, he climbed the stairs and never came down.
Just one of the thousand sad stories of that horrific day.

Yes, so many sad stories and so many brave and fearless heroes that day
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 am

One suspect is now dead (26 years old) and his 19 year old brother is still on the run. The whole city of Boston is shut down. Prayers go out to all. May they find this kid. Yes, kid. He's 19 years old. My God!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:23 am

~Sheila~ wrote:One suspect is now dead (26 years old) and his 19 year old brother is still on the run. The whole city of Boston is shut down. Prayers go out to all. May they find this kid. Yes, kid. He's 19 years old. My God!

They need to take him alive to determine if anyone else is involved, etc. I hope he doesn't go out in a blaze of gunfire.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:35 am

guppy wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:One suspect is now dead (26 years old) and his 19 year old brother is still on the run. The whole city of Boston is shut down. Prayers go out to all. May they find this kid. Yes, kid. He's 19 years old. My God!

They need to take him alive to determine if anyone else is involved, etc. I hope he doesn't go out in a blaze of gunfire.

Yes, I feel the same way. We need him alive.
CNN just had on their Uncle. He was so intense and came across very angry at his nephews. Praising the USA.
This whole thing is just a tragedy that I don't understan
d.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:44 pm

[quote="~Sheila~"]
guppy wrote:

Yes, I feel the same way. We need him alive.
CNN just had on their Uncle. He was so intense and came across very angry at his nephews. Praising the USA.
This whole thing is just a tragedy that I don't understan
d. [/quo

I agree Sheila. Making it even more hard to understand is the fact that even among people who knew these guys, they never suspected they were harboring this evil in their hearts and minds. They seemed like normal individuals for the most part and never gave themselves away that in fact they were totally screwed up. Weird. Goes to show, you just never know.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:49 am

Gotta love the Uncle. He called them "Losers", while the rest of the family was/is in denial.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 am

Randell60 wrote:Gotta love the Uncle. He called them "Losers", while the rest of the family was/is in denial.

Yes, he was pissed!
The father of the boys is on his way here to see his younger son, who is an angel.
@@
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:51 am

Picture of a true "loser".
WARNING, image is graphic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 pm

guppy wrote:Picture of a true "loser".
WARNING, image is graphic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They said he was shot, but was wrestling with the police on the ground as they were trying to handcuff him, when the younger brother came down the street in the SUV and ran him over and dragged him for a bit.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:12 am

~Sheila~ wrote:
Randell60 wrote:Gotta love the Uncle. He called them "Losers", while the rest of the family was/is in denial.

Yes, he was pissed!
The father of the boys is on his way here to see his younger son, who is an angel.
@@

Someone should tell that idiot dad that the Nazis had an angel, Josef Mengele, the angel OF DEATH!!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next