Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennings to Vikes; Crabtree to Bucs;Jones to Titans?;Francois resigned;Hawk restructures

5 posters

Go down

Jennings to Vikes; Crabtree to Bucs;Jones to Titans?;Francois resigned;Hawk restructures Empty Jennings to Vikes; Crabtree to Bucs;Jones to Titans?;Francois resigned;Hawk restructures

Post by ffaralli Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:09 am

Signed a 5 yr deal for 9.5 per year.

I think I read 18M guaranteed.

This guy had a chip on his shoulder the whole year.....in his press conference it seems he was peeved at the fact that the Packers had so many other guys that he had to share the ball with. Well that's too bad Greg.

He should have taken the 10m (althought I don't know the length) from the Pack and shut his mouth.

Hey Greg, did you ever hear of Alvin Harper? He was the receiver who left the Cowboys right around when they started their great SB runs. He went to Tampa for the $$$ and was never heard from again.

Same thing is going to happen here. I just didn't like his comments and his attitude all year. I think he still saw himself as being 'enslaved'. Eff him.

As for Crabtree, hate to see him go. A lunch-pale kind of guy. We non tendered him and got burned. I think Ryan Taylor should be ready to step into his shoes. Good luck Tom.

Brad Jones is close to a deal with the Titans. We'll hear more today. Good luck Brad.

Rob Francois was resigned for one year, so I figure they know Jones is already gone. He wanted to say put but had them promise he'll get a chance to play some defense next year.

AJ Hawk agrees to restructure his contract and take a pay cut.....to stay with the team. These are the guys you want, who really want to be with the team. Hawk figures he already made more money than he could ever dream, he's not greedy.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Jennings to Vikes; Crabtree to Bucs;Jones to Titans?;Francois resigned;Hawk restructures Empty Re: Jennings to Vikes; Crabtree to Bucs;Jones to Titans?;Francois resigned;Hawk restructures

Post by duck Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:37 pm

It's hard for me to get too pissed off at Jennings. I always thought he was very likable and one of the more entertaining Packers. He wore his heart on his sleeve. His comments and actions on the sidelines at the Super Bowl were some of the defining moments of the drama.

I thought his interview on balance was actually reasonable for those kinds of things. Of course he had to say good things about the Vikings, so I don't fault him for pouring on the syrup there. Reading between the lines, you're right, you could tell he was a little stung about not being "the man" in Green Bay anymore, but I also think that speaks positively about his competitive nature. I wish him well... but not too well since he's going to the Vikings.

The bottom line is that I'm glad we didn't cough up that kind of money for a position we're already stocked in! It's a back-handed concept, but we win in free agency if our competitors overpay in free agency because that will cause them weaknesses in other areas.

I'm sorry to hear Crabtree leave too but I agree Taylor must be ready to step in.

The linebacker moves make sense. Glad Hawk had the sense to restructure.

Looks like TT has freed up a fair amount of cap space. Let's see what he's going to do with it.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Jennings to Vikes; Crabtree to Bucs;Jones to Titans?;Francois resigned;Hawk restructures Empty Re: Jennings to Vikes; Crabtree to Bucs;Jones to Titans?;Francois resigned;Hawk restructures

Post by milani Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Hawk is a true Packer. Not a great player. But he fights to be on the field every down he can since he has been here. Kind of player Lombardi would have pushed to the next level because of his work ethic and physical toughness. Maybe with some help around him he'll have a decent year.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:20 pm

milani wrote:Hawk is a true Packer. Not a great player. But he fights to be on the field every down he can since he has been here. Kind of player Lombardi would have pushed to the next level because of his work ethic and physical toughness. Maybe with some help around him he'll have a decent year.

Hawk has never failed to have a *decent* year, Milani... That's been his criticism. You aren't buying *decent* when you shop in the single digit numbers of the first round--you're buying *standout*. It's not his fault where he was drafted. He is who he is. Had he been selected in the 4th round--everybody would have been talking about what a score he was...

I'm not sure what you mean to imply by *true packer* but if you are suggesting that he agreed to a pay cut necessarily because of overwhelming loyalty to the team--you're mistaken. It was a wise business decision on his part. He can see his cap number -vs- his performance like anyone else and conclude what his future holds if he wasn't realistic enough to accept the truth...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Hawk may not be great but he would command a decent buck in many places. He has never had a season ending injury in his time yet. To hang around even when he was almost removed from our base D a few years ago shows he's more than a businessman. Most players would have bolted when they got jacked around like that even after a SB win.

Look at Nick Barnett. We figured he was toast when he left us and he still came back and became the Bills' leading tackler 10 years into the league. And he got a not too shabby deal. Chances are he'll be playing again this year.. Who knows? Could be back with us.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:20 am

milani wrote:Hawk is a true Packer. Not a great player. But he fights to be on the field every down he can since he has been here. Kind of player Lombardi would have pushed to the next level because of his work ethic and physical toughness. Maybe with some help around him he'll have a decent year.

Hawk has been the most grossly overpaid Packer his entire tenure in Green Bay. Just an incredibly poor value from Day One. If TT handled all his players like he has handled Hawk, he'd have been out of a job by now. I can't wait until that load is out of the organization for good. I'm so fucking tired of him. True Packer my fucking ass.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 am

You have to believe that in a decade or so Hawk will be in the Packer HOF.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 pm

milani wrote:You have to believe that in a decade or so Hawk will be in the Packer HOF.

Where's the puke emoticon?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 pm

MB20 wrote:
milani wrote:You have to believe that in a decade or so Hawk will be in the Packer HOF.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:44 am

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That'll do.

There is a website called pukeplanet.com.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm

You slobs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down