Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have got an idea

4 posters

Go down

I have got an idea Empty I have got an idea

Post by bowlerman422 Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Very Happy I have got an idea. The Jets should not trade Revis. They should just keep him and the end of the season let him walk free.
Look at all the money that Johnson could save by not having to pay an extra first round pick for about 4 years. Next I would cut or trade all players that make a million dollars or more. Then look at all the money that I would be saving. Next I would raise ticket prices and PSL's. Think of all the more money that I would be making.Twisted Evil
Johnson really don't care about the Jets. He said so last year. He said that he wanted a certain candiate to win the president election instead of the Jets winning. (They both lost). He did not attend the last game of the season. The only way an owner misses a game is if he is dead. Johnson should just sell the Jets to a decent owner. Look at all the money he could have if he sold the team.
The way things are this season. Johnson has an excuse built in. It is Rex Ryan's fault. He could not win with a team like this. No players.m He would then fire Rex. Start a new. That way he would have a few years of making money.
:joker:Johnson sell the team, please.king

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

I have got an idea Empty Re: I have got an idea

Post by LRJets Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:26 pm

If Johnson were not the owner, Rex would be gone, Tebow would never been a Jet, or at the least, he would have been tried and tested at the kickoff. And the way things turned out, Sanchez would NEVER have gotten anextention killing
It was too palsy-walsy at Jet Headquarters. Ran more like a treehouse club than an operational football team.
From Werblin to Hess, this would never have taken place.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 pm

New York Jets

Signed QB David Garrard
Re-signed RB Lex Hilliard for 1 year
Other teams signed players. This is what the Jets signed so far That is after losing half their team to other teams. Johnson should double the PSL's because the Jets will have such a great team. (Not).

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:34 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:New York Jets

Signed QB David Garrard
Re-signed RB Lex Hilliard for 1 year
Other teams signed players. This is what the Jets signed so far That is after losing half their team to other teams. Johnson should double the PSL's because the Jets will have such a great team. (Not).

I don't have a problem with any of the Jets who have left. They were all decent players but none of them are irreplaceable. The Jets have two young DE's in Wilkerson and Coples, so they don't need DeVito as a starter. Greene was never as good as advertised, almost any back can put up the same numbers that Greene did (barely ran for 1000 yds the last two years.) Keller, very good, he'll be tough to replace, but TE's are not huge offensive weapons unless they are Gonzalez or Gronkowski, and then only when you have QB's like Ryan and Brady throwing to them. Don't know if Pouha will leave, another good player, but I think Ellis is ready to step into that role. Bell and Landry were good additions, but not difference makers, which brings me to Revis.

As good as Revis is, and he is considered the best CB in the league right now (although, IMO, Patrick Peterson is better), his value to the Jets is less than other positions have the potential to be. In other words, having a lock down CB is good, but it only shuts down 1/11 of a team's offense. For example, a pass rusher who can generate 15-20 sacks a season is much more valuable to a team's defense because he raises the abilities of all 4 DB's not just one. If you have 4 average DB's and a great pass rusher, it makes your 4 average guys equal to 4 good DB's, if you have 4 good DB's, then you'll have 4 very good DB's and so on. So, if the Jets want to spend money, putting it all on Revis is not the best thing. Given that he was injured, given that he has been unhappy numerous times with his contract, if the Jets could come away with a #1 draft choice plus other considerations, I would make that deal while the Jets can get something of value in return.

I think the Jets will do okay on defense with the personnel they have, a few FA's, the draft and Rex coaching them. The problem with the Jets right now is offense and in particular QB. Until that position is resolved, the Jets will struggle to score again this season. Maybe Sanchez will be the guy we all thought he would be when he was drafted.

I think it will be a telling indication of how this team is managed on what they do with Tebow. Tebow should either be traded, released or converted to another position. If he remains on the roster as a QB, then this team is hopeless.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:17 pm

but TE's are not huge offensive weapons unless they are Gonzalez or Gronkowski, and then only when you have QB's like Ryan and Brady throwing to them
I think in all the years of watching the NFL, TE's have never been more important than in the most recent times.
A good TE is in very high demand witness the fact Gonzalez' team is thrilled he is returning. Even the non-elite QB teams place value on a good TE.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:26 pm

LRJets wrote: I think in all the years of watching the NFL, TE's have never been more important than in the most recent times.
A good TE is in very high demand witness the fact Gonzalez' team is thrilled he is returning. Even the non-elite QB teams place value on a good TE.

That's because coverage usually has an LB covering the TE (unless he goes deep, then a safety in coverage.) What we have been witnessing recently is bigger faster TE's, almost like big WR's, proliferate thru the league. Single LB and even safety is no longer enough to cover some of these guys. However, if there's one thing history has taught us is that whatever the trend, or new wrinkle in offensive football, the D guys almost always come up with an answer. I think one of the reasons that Keller was not terribly effective last year was because defenses made it a priority to cover him and be content with single coverage on the other Jet receivers. Therefore, unless the Jets have a QB and wide receivers who can make plays, having a good TE isn't going to help much.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm

"LRJets"] I think in all the years of watching the NFL, TE's have never been more important than in the most recent times.

That's because coverage usually has an LB covering the TE (unless he goes deep, then a safety in coverage.) What we have been witnessing recently is bigger faster TE's, almost like big WR's, proliferate thru the league. Single LB and even safety is no longer enough to cover some of these guys. However, if there's one thing history has taught us is that whatever the trend, or new wrinkle in offensive football, the D guys almost always come up with an answer. I think one of the reasons that Keller was not terribly effective last year was because defenses made it a priority to cover him and be content with single coverage on the other Jet receivers. Therefore, unless the Jets have a QB and wide receivers who can make plays, having a good TE isn't going to help much
Good points, someone mentioned to me the same thing regarding Kaepernick's meteoric rise on the NFL landscape,and will the defenses learn to contain him, however; Holmes will be back creating a healthy distraction and threat.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 pm

LRJets wrote:Good points, someone mentioned to me the same thing regarding Kaepernick's meteoric rise on the NFL landscape,and will the defenses learn to contain him, however; Holmes will be back creating a healthy distraction and threat.

I think they'll need more than Holmes.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:33 pm

So far it look to me that the Jets are going to run the balls that right the Ground and Pound and they will drafts mostly defense in the drafts. This is the way Rex like it too is to win on defense and to score on the running game. Rd 1, 9th OLB, Ezekiel Ansan, Rd 1, 13th pick CB, Xavier Rhodes or ILB, Kevin Minter, RD 2, RB, Giovain Barhard. Jets may get another 2nd Rd pick QB, Tyler Bray.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down