Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fractured Locker Room

Go down

Fractured Locker Room Empty Fractured Locker Room

Post by leejr Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Steelers GM not worried about locker room

February, 21, 2013
Feb 21
2:27
PM ET
By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | ESPN.com

You would think [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] general manager Kevin Colbert has some concerns about his locker room especially after two of his players described problems within it. But Colbert said he doesn't.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]“Whether you win the Super Bowl or go 8-8, there’s no 100 percent harmonious locker room,” Colbert said Thursday at the NFL combine, via the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “I don’t care where it is. That’s exemplified more when you’re 8-8. Quite honestly, I’m not concerned about our locker room."

Colbert added, "Coach [Mike] Tomlin and I had an opportunity to speak to our players since the season ended. We have a very good finger on the pulse of where we stand. From a team standpoint, we’re comfortable with that.”

I completely agree that you're never going to have a completely happy locker room. And, to be honest, you want guys to be upset when the team finishes 8-8. But the Steelers just can't ignore [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] talking about a splintered locker room on national television.

It was the wrong move for players to air the team's dirty laundry in public. But it's also wrong for the Steelers to act like they have the same team chemistry as years before.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down