Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Mock Draft

5 posters

Go down

NFL Mock Draft Empty NFL Mock Draft

Post by NY JETS1 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 am

2013 NFL Mock Draft Central - NFL.com

So far it looks like the Jets will draft a pass rusher in round 1. It would be nice if the Jets drafted Geno Smith. If it's true that the Raiders are moving back to LA maybe they want Sanchez. (wishful thinking)
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: NFL Mock Draft

Post by wassejet Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am

NY JETS1 wrote:2013 NFL Mock Draft Central - NFL.com

So far it looks like the Jets will draft a pass rusher in round 1. It would be nice if the Jets drafted Geno Smith. If it's true that the Raiders are moving back to LA maybe they want Sanchez. (wishful thinking)

I don't think the Jets draft high enough (9th) to get Smith unless they do a blockbuster deal giving up future No. 1 picks. I would prefer the Jets draft some offensive playmakers to help Sanchez. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a great year for WR's, or RB's. I was thinking that Montee Ball of Wisconsin would be a solid pick for the Jets, but it looks like he may last to the 2nd round. The Jets are getting old at OLB, with Pace and Thomas. Barkevious Mingo of LSU and Jarvis Jones of Georgia have been mentioned as possible Rd. 1 picks for the Jets. I can live with those picks given the shortages at WR and RB. I don't think the Jets are going to give up on Sanchez, at least not for the coming season.

Going forward, I think with Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill and Keller, the Jets have a pretty good receiver corps providing everyone stays healthy. They could use a RB with breakaway speed, although I think McKnight has that ability and I wish they would have used him more at RB. Pass blocking is where the Jets are very weak and could use a lot of help there.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Speaking of wishful thinking-- I'd love to see a Sanchez-Matt Flynn trade. Pete Carrol was Mark's college coach. Problem is Pete wouldn't want him as a back-up because the offense Seattle uses, Sanchez can't play that, and he won't tailor the offense for a back-up.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm

LRJets wrote:Speaking of wishful thinking-- I'd love to see a Sanchez-Matt Flynn trade. Pete Carrol was Mark's college coach. Problem is Pete wouldn't want him as a back-up because the offense Seattle uses, Sanchez can't play that, and he won't tailor the offense for a back-up.

I think the Jets could get Flynn, but a trade wouldn't include Sanchez. Maybe Tebow as a throw-in. He seems like a Pete kind of guy. Maybe he could get him to accept being an h-back or something.
As to the draft, the Jets are a lot like the Colts in that they can just worry about taking the best player available. Everything is a position of need.
The difference between the teams possible offseasons is that the Colts have a mountain of cap space opening up and the Jets.......well, you know.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm

The difference between the teams possible offseasons is that the Colts have a mountain of cap space opening up and the Jets.......well, you know.

And as is the case with most reported “cap disasters,” it’s mostly hype.

The media report that they’re $26 million over the cap because it’s a big, scary number. But what they don’t report is that it’s mostly tied up in easy cuts. For example, Jason Smith, Eric Smith, and Tim Tebow—three backups—account for $16.5M of that 26M.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Isn't Matt Flynn a F/A? don't think you can make a trade with a player who a F/A. QB's Byron Leftwish and QB, Matt Moore are F/A as well. There no way Jets are going to draft a QB, with the 1st pick. Maybe just maybe in the 3rd or 4th Rd's. Jets needs LB's Jarvis Jones Georgia, Damontre Moore Texas A&M are the 2 top OLB's. I was going to add LB, Manti Teo but he may be in alot of Trouble. What a ass if this is true about him. DE, Barkevious Mingo, too good to pass up if any of these players are still there went Jets pick at 9. Jets could trade down and take OT/G Chance Warmack, jets needs help at the offensive line as well RT, RG. I'm hoping Jets can get QB's A.J. McCarron if he come out or Collen Klein in the later Rd's That why it would be smart if the Jets could trade down for a extra picks in the 2nd Rd's.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:Isn't Matt Flynn a F/A? don't think you can make a trade with a player who a F/A. QB's Byron Leftwish and QB, Matt Moore are F/A as well. There no way Jets are going to draft a QB, with the 1st pick. Maybe just maybe in the 3rd or 4th Rd's. Jets needs LB's Jarvis Jones Georgia, Damontre Moore Texas A&M are the 2 top OLB's. I was going to add LB, Manti Teo but he may be in alot of Trouble. What a ass if this is true about him. DE, Barkevious Mingo, too good to pass up if any of these players are still there went Jets pick at 9. Jets could trade down and take OT/G Chance Warmack, jets needs help at the offensive line as well RT, RG. I'm hoping Jets can get QB's A.J. McCarron if he come out or Collen Klein in the later Rd's That why it would be smart if the Jets could trade down for a extra picks in the 2nd Rd's.

Flynn is under contract. He was a F/A last off season. I posted on the old message board that the Jets should sign him. Unless he's cut, it's going to be hard for the Jets to get him without giving up picks. As you know the Jets need all the picks that they can get.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:37 pm

RD1 Jarvis Jones OLB, this guy is fast very good as a pass rusher if he gone Trade down take Chance Warmack G, RD 2 RB, Eddie Lacy or TE, Zach Ertz or Tyler Eifert TE unless ILB Kevin Minter there in the 2nd Rd or maybe Manti Te'o. RD 3 OT/RT Dallas Thomas RB, Joseph Randle or RB, Montee Ball, QB, EJ Manuel or WR, Justin Hunter. Would like to get QB, Tyler Wilson but I think he'll be gone with the 1st 5 picks in the 2nd rd's. Can't see anyone taking him that early with the 1st pick.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm

RD's 1 OLB, Jarvis Jones or OG, Chance Warmack. Not Mingo RD's 2 RB, Eddie Lacy or WR, Robert Wood.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am

Seen a new mock drafts kinda like it. RD 1) OLB, Ezekiel Ansan 6'5" 271 lbs, BYU, Rd 2) ILB, Kevin Minter LSU, Rd,3) QB, Tyler Wilson. Rd, 4) RB, Montee Ball. Rd 5) I don't think Jets has one but they had Jets taking WR, Aaron Mellette. Rd, 6) OT, Rick Wagner, Rd 7) RB, Stacy Vanerbilt.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:35 am

Last Mock Drafts 9th pick OLB, Barkvious Mingo 13th pick TE, Tyler Eifert the last 2 days Eifert stock has rise up in the drafts Jets do need a TE, badly.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:38 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:Last Mock Drafts 9th pick OLB, Barkvious Mingo 13th pick TE, Tyler Eifert the last 2 days Eifert stock has rise up in the drafts Jets do need a TE, badly.

I could live with that draft. Although Mike Mayock, NFL Network, had the Jets taking Dion Jordan at #9. I could live with that too. We'll see tonight!

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:40 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:2013 NFL Mock Draft Central - NFL.com

So far it looks like the Jets will draft a pass rusher in round 1. It would be nice if the Jets drafted Geno Smith. If it's true that the Raiders are moving back to LA maybe they want Sanchez. (wishful thinking) lol wow its look like to got your wishful pick in the 2nd Rd. Geno Smith.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 pm

I know we have a whole year to go to the 2014 NFL Drafts but I see a mock drafts for 2014. They have Jets picking 4th taking WR, Marqise Lee USC well that should be a nice pick because right now Jets are hurting at WR's and they really need one badly.  But my wishful wish would be getting DE, Jadeveon Clowney SC.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down